Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85770 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 50, Calm before the Storm
« Reply #1395 on: July 29, 2011, 10:34:38 pm »

Hey Dwarmin, if Vines dies would you mind if I played as the healer? (You know the one ;D)
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 29, 2011, 10:44:42 pm »

Hey Dwarmin, if Vines dies would you mind if I played as the healer? (You know the one ;D)
This makes me nervous and I want to know more. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: July 29, 2011, 11:05:55 pm »

This makes me nervous and I want to know more. :-\

Seconded. Sizier as the team medic? That'll end well. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 29, 2011, 11:08:56 pm »

Not him. The one War Wind was with while everyone was fighting the Giaks.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: July 29, 2011, 11:09:35 pm »

I just don't like the idea of the spiderelf walking with us. He could alert the enemy or attack us when we are weak, and you won't be able to watch him ALL the time.

Fine, you can keep him. But you are walking infront of him, I'm watching him from behind.

Perhaps the clay line of names would be suitable? I like the sound of an earth elemental with a name that relates to clay.

Also, THE POWER IS LIKE A DRUG! ADDICTING AS ALL HELL.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 29, 2011, 11:12:52 pm »

Hey Irony, Mind using the Spider-elf as a mount? :3

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 29, 2011, 11:25:58 pm »

Ah. That one. OK. And if Irony doesn't...

I WILL.

For elf on elf action if nothing else.

*watches everybody else squirm uncomfortably with a :3 expression*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 29, 2011, 11:38:14 pm »

*squirms comfortably*
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 51, Thunder Heralds
« Reply #1403 on: July 30, 2011, 12:05:13 am »

Turn 51

Molten Heart hands over all his coins, and the former craftswork of War Wind. Kirknak palms two rings and hands them over in return.

"Thank doing business with you! No refunds...

Want Ring Finding knowledge? Put Kirknak out of business, but shows you small secret for being a good buyer..."

The Kobold pulls a small purple glass monocle out of his coat jacket.

"Called 'Weirdling Eye'...go ahead, try on for a minute!"

Molten Heart experimentally places it over his eye. Interesting-his personal items that he knows are enchanted are glowing in the view of the lens, as are the majority of the rings, and the blue seed. The bottle of ashes is glowing very faintly. The glows are different shades of colors and brightness, but Molten Heart doesn't know what they could mean.

"If it magic, it glows. Easy finding magic this way, even from far away.

But, Hard to get those-usually have to take literal from eye of Wizard you killed, like me. He was evil Wizard, true story. Also, not for sale."

The Earthen thanks him and hands it back, then shakes his hands and goes to barter off the rest of War Winds things. He only has a moment of guilt, that quickly passes. Better they find use than gathering dust in his tomb. He gets 10 for the leather and the bow, and 25 for the Sword. Hildridge thanks him profusely-and begins to study it with a care.

Molten Heart inspects his rings a bit closer-they are fairly plain. The Black Rock Ring is engraved with a word in the common language-it says "BANISH". Simple enough. The Tin Ring is more tricky-it's got some strange arcane runes, that aren't even Dwarven or Earthen, as much as he hates to admit that. Human and Elven wizards long ago gained the knowledge or rune magic, and have in some ways even surpassed the Dwarves in its practice...he'll need someone who has skill in the arcane to decipher the word on it. Then again, if its purpose was to cure poison, it probably doesn't need to be activated manually. He sticks both of them in his pocket.

Molten Heart leaves to finds a secluded spot outside of town to contact the rock spirits...

He decides on a battle spirit.

"Old Earth Spirits are content to sleep, but the younger ones are restless, and want to see the world like you Rock-Kin. One of us will follow you, and he'll help you as long as the ground remains beneath your feet.

He will answer by the name of Riverstone. Remember, he is young, and manifesting his powers often means he must sleep, for at least a day. Such is his limits for now-but he will grow stronger as you do. Go forth in the embrace of the Mother Earth, honored Rock-kin!"

Molten Heart has gained the following companion!

------------------

(Silver Tree Stealth Roll 4+3=7 VS Papa Cave Rex Detection roll 1+3=4, pass!)
(Silver Tree Stealth Roll 5+3=8 VS Mama Cave Rex Detection roll 8+3=11, fail, detected by smell)

Silver Tree realizes what he's doing just a moment too late. As he begins to carefully retreat, he sees the Mother Cave Rex stalk through the shroom line, carrying the carcass of a large Crocodile in it's jaws. It's quite large.

The Mother drops its kill, and growls loudly to wake up its lazy mate, who slowly gets up, and walks over to feed on the fresh kill. While the Father feeds, the Mother carefully and tenderly inspects her Eggs, sniffing them and covering them with the hot sands, as a good Cave Tyrannosaur Mother should. As she finishes, she raises herself to full height and scans the entire jungle.

Silver Tree feels immense guilt. Was he really going to steal those eggs? He doesn't know what he was thinking coming here. He ducks behind the dung, but the beast can just see over it anyway...so he is very still. He's almost in the clear, when a small underground draft of wind billows up from the South...Silver Tree can almost see his scent being carried to the creature.

One moment, it seems unconcerned and at peace. The next, it's nostrils flare, taking in the new scent, and it's eyes burn red with rage. He carefully takes a look at the Mothers thoughts, and it's not good at all!

"I smell an Egg Thief..not a man, nor an ogre or Kobold. Strange.

We must not let it breach the perimeter. You...go circle around the back, I'll flush him out and you catch him-but leave him alive for me. I will personally carve the flesh from the bones of the one who dared approach my nest!"

Silver Tree withdraws his animal empathy before he can be detected.

The change is immediate. A short barking order from the Mother brings the male to attention-he lumbers off into the forest, searching behind Silver Tree, while the Mother begins to move toward where the Kai is, slowly sniffing the ground and air like an Oversized bloodhound.

What will Silver Tree do now? They don't see him yet, but it's following his scent trail...

------------------
Sheltering Leaves and Pressing Tide make their case to the Blood Wolf.

"You talk of sacrifice, and of using your powers for Good, instead of evil...words. Talk solves nothing. Your first test was to confront evil with no hope of reward. You passed. Your second test was to be truthful in the face of danger-your hearbeats do not lie. You told no falsehoods.

The last test is me. I am in many ways, his strongest, and at the same time, his weakest creation. Overcome me, and the Shaman will teach you his powers. I will show no mercy if you remain here...if you flee now...but I see you will not. To the death, then!"

The Wolf Shimmers again-this time, there's no mistaking his intent to attack.

------------------

The Kai follows the Ogress, who speaks to him using mind-speech.

"I am glad you came, Blade Singer. today we enact the Heroquest of Lord Grey-he was a Human like you, but our requests to his tribe to help us have gone unanswered for generations. In fact, any Human will do, and failing that, any male. Our omens told us you were coming, so we prepared this..."

Blade Singer sees what he can only describe as sorts of stages-what looks like actors, mostly Ogres and Orcs, are dressed in garish tribal regalia, or painted wooden mock ups of armored human soldiers. There are three stages-one shows a green field, one a throne room, and one a cave.

"A Heroquest contains a certain element of Drama, as you can see. The players only serve to guide the story-you will be in the center, and to you, it will be quite real. If our prayers reach the Heavens, you will be propelled to the God-Planes themselves.

I guess I should explain it better. A Heroquest is a chance for a chosen Hero, or Heroes to enter the lands of the once living Gods, and reenact their greatest accomplishments. You will be one with them, at that exact point in their lives when they lived...those who faithfully honor the Gods with a successful Heroquest gain great treasures and powers, and it serves to strengthen the link between divine and mortal.

It is not safe, of course. You can suffer physical, mental and spiritual damage-enough of them will have you thrown back to Earth, if you are lucky. Your body and mind will be damaged as you fight, similiar to this world. Your spirit gains and loses strength depending on how faithful you are to the story...dramatic deviations from the norm degrade your spirit.

But, then comes the next irritant. Few mortals can hope to perfectly achieve what the Heroes accomplished-physically, it's nearly impossible...so, one can choose an easier path, at the cost of his spirit, or the true path, at the cost of his body.

A balance of both is the only true way to succeed. I can understand if the stakes seem too high for you-and indeed, many Heroquests end in tragedy. Are you still eager, Blade Singer, to venture forth into the lands of the Gods? If you need more information, I am well supplied to give it to you."

She patiently awaits your answers.

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC: @Taricus: The healer will be expecting War Winds child soon. You made an orphan of your unborn child. Way to go hero.  :(
Also, points out any mistakies! :3
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 30, 2011, 12:16:12 am »

Leaves immediately stepped in front of Pressing Tides. "There's no choice. I'll handle this," he said. "Merame, stay back. This will be... dangerous." He did not relish the idea of fighting such a small, swift opponent, and he knew how dangerous real wolves could be in the wild. Merame nodded and hopped down, electing to hide behind Pressing Tides for the moment. Leaves stepped forward to engage the wolf, his first strike a blow to the face with the blade of his right gauntlet.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: July 30, 2011, 12:18:23 am »

Quote from: Dwarmin
OOC: @Taricus: The healer will be expecting War Winds child soon. You made an orphan of your unborn child. Way to go hero.  :(
I sense an epic tale regarding the enchantress and/or her daughter.

"I am Handsome Scale. Your mother killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Odds of them getting it on instead are high, of course, but that can make for an interesting story too.

Quote from: Dwarmin
Also, points out any mistakies! :3
You called the earth spirit Riverstone at first, then switched to Claystone for the spoiler.

Also, uh... are we taking out the wolf together, or are we doing some 1v1, or what? Dwarmin, does the wolf expect both of us to work together?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 30, 2011, 12:23:01 am »

No offense but you'll get shredded if you fight, Irony. Fighting it in a duel forces it to attack me, and with my much higher Agi/Defense I'm less likely to get seriously injured. Not saying it can't happen, but...

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 30, 2011, 12:27:46 am »

Try to escape, but if caught yell at them to wait, adn say that I came to warn them, and ask for their knowledge as a guardian of nature I just wish to be friends with all of its inhabitants.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 30, 2011, 12:29:26 am »

Alright, if you're sure... :<

Try to escape, but if caught yell at them to wait, adn say that I came to warn them, and ask for their knowledge as a guardian of nature I just wish to be friends with all of its inhabitants.
Lying to the tyrannosaurs probably isn't going to end well. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 30, 2011, 12:35:08 am »

Well, I mean if you want to fight, that's one thing. It's just strategically it's best for me to take all the lumps. ^^; I guess I am meta-gaming a bit...
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 110