Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85679 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 51, Thunder Heralds
« Reply #1425 on: July 30, 2011, 01:54:14 am »

Crap. Ring n chains it is.

Slipping to Sheltering Leaves' side, so as to get a clear shot at the spirit, Pressing Tide quickly slipped on the ring. He hoped it would do more good than harm, but there was only one way to find out... aiming it at the spirit, he spoke the words and prepared for the worst.

"Unleash hell."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: July 30, 2011, 03:06:53 am »

"Thank you rock-brother. This information has been enlightening."

Moltern Heart proceeds to the shaman who speaks common, withdrawing the bottle of ashes.

"This was a powerful ring. Can you fix it, or know someone who can?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: July 30, 2011, 04:59:39 am »

Yeah, that's pretty much the reason I wanted War Wind to somehow survive the freezing. Though at this rate he'll make like a jedi ghost.

Also: That soon?! O_o
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: July 30, 2011, 05:04:09 am »

Just out of curiousity, if I forced this diamond ring on the spider-elf and made him touch War Wind, would we end up with War Wind in the spider-elf body or would they both just be dead? Or would nothing happen at all?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: July 30, 2011, 06:50:10 am »

He's dead jim. There is no mind to switch with. It probably wouldn't work.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: July 30, 2011, 06:56:13 am »

Fitting quote for you. :P I, however, refuse to believe! He's just cryogenically frozen. Let's thaw the poor bastard out and tell him to "go home and be a family man."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: July 30, 2011, 07:01:36 am »

Can I get that to happen with War Wind? He does happen to have a little bit of favour with Naar due to it :3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: July 30, 2011, 09:31:56 am »

It wont work mainly because of two things:

1. YOUR DEAD. Well and truely gone. Not much we can do about that. Maybe a god could help, but I dout it.

2. Your spirit is trapped in the tunnels below. We can't raise you without a soul, so it's somewhat pointless. We have to finish the quest in order to have a chance of raising you, and if we did do that, HOW would we both raise you from the dead and even get to you through the dimensional tears area of effect. We would freeze to death long before we could get you out of there.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 52, The Storm Breaks the Heavens
« Reply #1433 on: July 30, 2011, 01:29:39 pm »

Turn 52

Silver Tree jumps in the dung! Probably not the most heroic things he's ever done, but it does hide his scent...
(Silver Trees gains Scent Cover: All Scent bonuses to detection against him are negated. Last 3 more rounds)

(Silver Tree Stealth Roll 1+3=4 VS Mama Cave Rex Detection roll , fail, detected by sight!)

(Silver Tree Agi escape roll, 7, pass) (Silver Tree is hiding)

Nevertheless, the Mother Rex is not blind. She spots his rapidly fleeting form as he dashes for the cover of the jungle. She pursues...damn, she's fast! Every giant step brings her closer, and closer. The maw of death opens wide to consume him...

Silver Tree can almost feel her hot blood scented breath on his neck, when the lucky Kai spots a a hollowed out mushroom stalk-he dives into it, and the jaws snap shut in the place he just occupied. The beast begins to slow. It circles around, looking for him again.

He's still hiding in the hollowed interior of the shroom stalk, and the beast don't know he's here, not yet anyway. Will he try and wait them out, or make a daring escape? Maybe he can try to communicate with them...but they, they will surely know where he is, and he doubts this place will provide much protection.

-------------

Molten Heart takes his ring to the Forlane, and asks him if it can be fixed. The Ogre stares into space for a few moments. Then the shrunken head around his neck speaks.

"The Arcane is not our speciality...but, we can use the ashes to power a spirit totem to one of the Gods. It might not be as powerful as it would if reforged completely anew, and the Gods are always fickle, but it is an option. Such a service, we would do for at half price-10 koinz. The chance to offer a gift to a God is worth far more than monetary gain."

-------------

Blade Singer dutifully dons the regalia of the God-Hero Lord Grey-a heavy razor edged sword, a plumed helm and a runic cloak. He takes his position in the center stage...the lights are dimmed, as the storyteller begins to recreate the story to everyone, and the actors begin to play their parts. Blade Singer watches as an sneaking Orc dressed in a ceremonial snake mask-meant to play the role of the serpent that bit the wives, dances and leaps to the beat of music.

He plays a mock dagger made to represent the serpents fangs on the necks of the two women playing the part of Lady White and Sheega, who dutifully fall asleep at that moment...Blade Singer feels a bit foolish, wondering if perhaps the strange incense is meant drug him into believing this is real...but something is happening.

The world begins to take on a strange hue. He can almost hear the wailing of the Chorus turn into the wailing of the crowd of mourners...his people demanding justice. He finds himself enraged. Damn Ogres! They should pay! They should...

Lord Grey was enraged. They dare attack his wife, in his own home? They would pay. All of them would pay. He rallied his house thanes-a hundred in all, and led them to war...a few days later, he found them. He was not surprised to find the Ogres had already summoned their own forces. As good as a confession to him. His first instinct is to rush down the hillside and slaughter them all, and his own men are awaiting his order to do so...so, he raised his hand and...

Blade Singer, was a little more clearheaded than Lord Grey at this moment. He sees his forces are, by chance, located on top of a hill, and the Ogres are at the bottom-they will have to struggle up a steep incline to reach them, and many of his men are excellent archers as well as swordsmen, and many are carrying bows. Bloodlust clouds their minds, though. Every hand is on his blade with no though to self preservation.

Tactically, it's suicide to rush down and charge them like that, abandoning his position to fight on the flat plain. Then again, he can see the next phase of the Heroquest-Lord Grey did charge down on that day, and he did lose most of his men...some cowards ran away, but the tales do not tell that, of course.  There's even a remote chance he could calm Lord Greys emotions and parlay with the Ogres, avoiding the fight altogether and saving his physical strength for the battles to come...but his spirit would surely suffer for that.

Now that Blade Singer is here, what does he choose to do?

Heroquest Stats
Spirit 15/15 (Your Spirit is strong)
Body 16/16 (Your Body is strong)
Mind 13/13 (Your Mind is strong)

Quest Artifacts
Lord Greys Razor Edged Greatsword
Lord Greys Plumed Helm of Command
Lord Greys Runed Cloak of Blade-Turning

-------------

Spoiler: Round 1 (click to show/hide)

Sheltering Leaves stands his ground-he angles a plated to fist to where he thinks the Blood Wolfs face is, but the creature merely reforms its body, trapping the Kais hand within itself! He can feel a tingling sensation, as his blood is drawn into the creature...after a few moments of frantic pulling, he disengages from the beast, which forms itself back into a wolf, and begins to circle him once again.

Pressing Tide is nearby-he dons the Ring of Unleash Hell, aims it at the spirit, and says the words...after a few tense moments, the two snakeheads begin to glow brightly, and two streams of energy converge, emitting a beam of acid and flame! Pressing Tide is barely able to control it, but he manages to direct it toward the beast, which impacts it with a fanfare of sizzling and popping. The creature falls back, snarling and growling.

(Ring Indentified: Ring of Hellbolt/When activated, this ring casts an attack spell using an easy Intelligence roll. The Bolt does +6 damage, and is composed of both acid and fire, whichever element would do the most damage. There is no defense save-only a succesful Elemental resistance roll can halve its damage. *The Ring feels very warm to the touch* )

The Kai keep a wary distance...something is happening. They watch with astonishment as a piece of charred blood-slime sloughs off with an audible *pop*. With no hesitation, the piece forms into a another, smaller blood being, this time in the shape of a predatory cat!

Now there are two enemies, and they circle Sheltering Leaves in unison. The battle has just gotten more dire!

Sheltering Leaves, -2 HP (14 HP remains)

Blood Wolf, -6 HP (2 absorbed)
A Blood Cougar has been summoned!

*2 Enemies Attacking*

Spoiler: Blood Wolf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blood Cougar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kirknak Ring-Seller (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Player Inventories (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 01:35:07 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: July 30, 2011, 01:45:08 pm »

Woah, you guys may be in over your heads... That strength of blood ability is gonna make that thing hard to kill. Irony, if there was a better time to use that necklace, it doesn't exist. USE IT!

"Hmmm... No offense to the gods, but I would prefer something a bit more dependable on a daily basis. Thank you for your help however. Oh and before I forget, could you tell me what this seed is and what it does?"

After thanking the shaman one more time, Moltern Heart decides that now is a good time to go grab some supplies and meet up with his comrades. He proceeds to go talk to the orc shaman/junk vendor and purchase both a soul fetch and a jar of frost cap cream, asking where he might get some rope for the trek ahead. He then hurries off to see if his friends have met with the shaman yet.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: July 30, 2011, 01:57:09 pm »

((Well, the Blood Wolf should die soon enough, it just depends how much it splits before they can get it down.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: July 30, 2011, 03:41:36 pm »

Leaves targeted the cat, lashing out with a kick to the face. Best to get rid of the minor annoyance first before focusing on the main threat.

Also, I have an idea. Would poison work on the beasts? ;D

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: July 30, 2011, 04:17:21 pm »

We are so boned. Should I call the spider elf in to help?

Really though, we should be mostly fine so long as we don't split off too many at once. Kind of like Asteroids, I guess?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: July 30, 2011, 04:33:08 pm »

I think as long as we hit the wolf once, kill the spawn, rinse and repeat, we should be fine. I deal +4 damage so I should be able to kill all of its spawn if they're all 8 HP or less, so you should focus on the main target and I'll take down the spam. ^^

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: July 30, 2011, 04:38:11 pm »

Alright, but bear in mind I attack twice a round. I do so exceedingly poorly, of course, but there's still the off chance that I'll create two spawn in one go.

Pressing Tide smiled slightly, pleased that his ring had worked. He suspected he was not the most qualified individual to use it, but it was still a pleasant discovery.

Turning his attention to the matter at hand, he unfurled his chains. Using the ring again so soon would probably be unwise, so he opted instead to lash at the wolf-thing. It was clear that his companion was far more adept at combat than he, but hopefully he could still contribute something to the battle.
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 110