Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85520 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Descent into Chaos (Turn 3)
« Reply #120 on: May 26, 2011, 12:50:09 pm »

Scavenge around for some more materials.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 26, 2011, 04:33:00 pm »

Turn 4

Kai Warriors VS Giak Horde
The Kai warriors split into two groups-one takes positions on the top of the ridge, and the other heads around the forest to the Giaks undefended flank. Silent Fox prepares his spellwork, and Mending Moon prepares for the quickest climb of his life. Lone Wanderer and Sheltering Leaves both follow behind Swift Water as they approach the high grass...like a pride of lions, they creep through the underbrush, their prey totally unaware.

Then, Sheltering Leaves feels...something. That was weird. It felt like the ground almost heaved up under him for a moment...he ignores it. Probably nothing!

Swift Water gives the call-three sharp whistles, meant to imitate a Kai Warhawk. It's the signal for mending moon, who begins to climb down as fast as Merame! (Mending Moon easy agi roll:8-1=7, fail, Damage 1d6-2=4). The warriors are expecting him, and the Giaks, though surprised, begin firing their arrows-one finds it's mark, tearing through his side, but he ignores it. He lands in a heap among the soldiers, and quickly apprises them of the situation. The Giak are in a frenzy now! They decided to rush the barricades again in an attempt to capture the injured Kai, thinking he is the only one...this is, of course, what Swift Water intended.

As soon as they charge, they get a volley of bowfire from in front and above, but it barely slows their maddened advance! The Kai leap into action at this moment...Swift Water is in the front, his fists and feet a blur of death-all those around him are showered with blood. He seems to kill Giak by merely being close to them...

Ghost Wake is a death machine. He taunts one after the other, and when they move to attack, they are bisected by his rapier, or injured mortally and left to die in pain. Ghost Wake surely enjoys his work too much...also, he seems to be killing his enemies by flicking his wrists at them. If one looks closer, they would see the distinctive silver flash of his throwing knives-each one finding a heart or a brain, throwing faster the eye can register.

Lone Wanderer
As soon as the signal is given, Lone Wanderer rushes into battle, Glaive drawn. The Giak fall before him as if he were knocking over fence posts! He uses his long range to engage multiple enemies at once, every dart of his polearm reaping three Giak souls and coming back smoking with blood and gristle. "This is much too easy...." he thinks, as a slingstone smack him in the face, brusing him. He takes it without flinching. He merely continues cutting. He see's Thunder Python, the silent Kai Lizardman from earlier, go down as he is encircled by spears. Lone Wanderer avenges him. He doesn't stop till he's reached the other end of the gorge, at which point he is covered in blood, a trail of twenty bodies behind him. He knows all this before it happens-his sixth sense has forseen the entire battle, and every move he will make. He thinks about warning Python...but decides he cannot risk that the outcome of the battle will be changed...it's too much of a risk.

Sheltering Leaves
It always amuses Sheltering Leaves, when the Darkspawn see him with no visible weapon. They run right to him, thinking him an  unarmed enemy, easy to kill. Right into his arms...he taunts them to attack them, and charge right at him they do, only to get mowed down by a rampaging Lone Wanderer. Sheltering Leaves concentrates on one of the big ones-this Giak thinks armor can protect him. He steps behind, and with a practiced twist of the wrist, snaps his neck with one hand. 400 pounds of plate and chainmail...not very useful in the end. As he begins to move through the enemy ranks, every fist, knee and elbow crunches bone and disitingrates flesh. Sheltering Leaves allows himself a moment of pity as one the quicker Giak runts angles a dagger toward his chest. That's likely the best they could hope for-Sheltering Leaves catches the beasts wrist, snaps it, and tosses the blade over his shoulder. The Giak is dead before the dagger hits the ground.

Silent Fox
Feeling the ley currents underneath him, Silent Fox envisions the battlefield from an elementalists perspective-the ground is a malleable, tough clay, perfect for earth attacks...and a nice breeze is coming in, perfect for what he's trying to do. He calls upon the wind, increasing its strength against the Giak-arrows and rocks fly toward the Kai on the ledge, but they are reflected! One gets through and clips his cheek, drawing blood. Silent Fox gets mad.
For his next trick, he drops to his knee and places a hand on the ground. All of a sudden, a Giak in the war party finds the earth swallow him. Then another, then another...he drops them into the Earth and crushes them like insects. The Earth is glad of the nutrition, and thanks him warmly.

Mending Moon
The fall hurt...a bit. Mending Moon wishes he had been a little bit faster. His wound is bleeding, but only lightly-he stops to check it, and at that moment, the battle begins! Before he can react, he hears a strange whirring sound-what...*BAM*. He is knocked silly by a...boomerang? of all things. He had heard the only ones who used those were some obscure island peoples. The boomerang actually clips his scalp and returns to it's wielder, who catches it deftly! Just his luck, to be chosen by the only Giak with skill in the entire war band.

But, woe to those that think a healer can not be a killer for the right cause-ignoring his injury, he pulls out his longbow and goes to work, picking out targets carefully at first-once he's chosen them, though, they die within the time it takes the arrow to fly. His first volley takes five at once, and his next takes another 5, many punching through multiple heads at once! He sees a Giak with a spear sneak up behind Sheltering Leaves-and puts an arrow in the spear shaft. The Giak looks stupidly at his useless weapon, a moment before he is impaled from one of Lone Wanderers thrusts. Mending Moon looks, but he cannot find the one who tossed that strange throwing weapon at him...between the fall and the boomerang, he's feeling sort of woozy. He feels inside his quiver, and notices he's only got two arrows left.

------
This battle is over. All the Giak are dead...except one...and of your friends, 1 of the kings wounded soldiers was lost, finally succumbing to his wounds on the eve of victory. 4 Kai also lie dead, swarmed with Giak or slain by random chance. You all take a moment to rest. The quest has not even begun yet...

Final Health numbers

Lone Wanderer: 11/15
Sheltering Leaves 11/14
Silent Fox 10/13
Mending Moon 7/13

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Big army battles worked out better than I thought they would. Everybody is nice and banged up, and you all get badass war monolouges. Oh, and with Ahra's rolls, it seems he killed almost half of them...lol

Anyway, what do you guys think my RTD writing style-obvious spelling mistakes aside?  :P
Is there anyway I could improve?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:42:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 26, 2011, 04:34:30 pm »

You owe me Tarran :V

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 26, 2011, 04:40:12 pm »

You owe me Tarran :V

Your statement confounds me. ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 4-Bloodbath!
« Reply #124 on: May 26, 2011, 04:41:41 pm »

I fed him, for free no less!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2011, 04:43:00 pm »

I fed him, for free no less!

OHHHH *headsmack*

Now I get it. The sig.  :o

I've added your new spells to your inventory Darvi.

-Hungry Earth: Entombs and crushes an enemy under the ground. Easier on smaller enemies, and with softer ground.
-Air Shield: Used to hamper enemies, increasing defense for whole party-needs a good breeze to work with.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:49:41 pm by Dwarmin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2011, 04:58:05 pm »

Oh, I see now. I was in the same boat as Dwarmin for a minute there.

That's right, come at me... fools... Leaf thought as the giak horde ran for the advancing Kai forces. He stopped the first one with a palm thrust to the chest, causing severe damage to organs and skeleton around his strike and dropping him instantly. Another runs at him, a large one, and like a shadow he glides smoothly to his back, locking his spine with one arm around his waist and another curled around his jaw. A movement of his arm later, and this one is a corpse as well. Armor is only useful against direct force. Sheltering Leaves turned and looked around.

Four giak were running at him. He sidestepped the first, a chop to the side of the neck breaking it, and ducked under the next's attack to sweep the legs. He dropped a heel on his face, grabbed the next one's wrist, and snapped it with an economical motion before pulling him down into a guillotine lock and breaking his neck. The corpse was then flung into the fourth attacker's legs to trip him, and Leaf punted him in the temple as he fell. The barricade was getting close, and there were very few enemies between he and it now.

One with a dagger tried to stab him in the chest. It was a simple matter to lock and break its wrist, throw the dagger away, and throw a roundhouse kick to the side of the head. Three more giak stood before him; he took care of the first with a sidekick to the stomach, then an uppercut to the jaw. The second was disposed of rather unceremoniously as well; a simple duck past and a chop to the back of the neck. The third one he grabbed in a clinch and delivered a series of rapid knees to the ribs before leaping an delivering a final knee to the jaw. Finally, there was only one giak between he and the soldiers; when it charged him, he stopped it with a front kick to the chest.

An arrow whizzed past him, and he turned to see Lone Wanderer cut down a giak behind him. "Thank you, brother," he said with a nod before advancing into the camp. Once all of them had gathered, including Merame, he took stock of them and his own wounds. A few bruises here and there. A cut along the side. I don't believe I'm in danger of any serious injury. "I'm pleased to see we all made it, and none the worse for wear," he said.

Sorry, gotta take care of some business. >.< I'll post an action at camp when I get back.

Leaf nodded to them and strode away to find a place to rest and meditate on the battle.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:02:09 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2011, 07:26:21 pm »

Sheltering Leaves gingerly steps through the corpses-there's at least 100 dead and dying Giak lying here. The remaining warriors are putting them out of their misery. You don't feel sorry for them...but you do hate the Darklords for creating them. To make such life, so, that it only feels fear, pain and hatred until it dies a meaningless death. Such creatures are known to be born in massive vats, and forced to kill and eat each other to survive their youngest years..they never feel the love of a parent, nor the trust of a friend. The evil that would create such abominations deserves to be destroyed. And, Kai willing, you will be the one to destroy it.

You spare a glance toward one of the fallen. He looks at you, hatred evident, and says "Orgadak gaj! Okakim narg zutgorak! Ok narg egud...ok narg..." He spits up black blood, and dies.

OOC: Fyi, the Giak language is real apparently. I find so many interesting things on the internet :3
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:35:54 pm by Dwarmin »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 27, 2011, 12:28:07 am »

lone wanderer went to see the kings men.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 27, 2011, 12:32:08 am »

Bury the corpses of our dead allies.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 27, 2011, 01:37:19 am »

Mending Moon tenderly probes his side and grimaces.  The wound was not deep, but deeper than he would have liked.  Really the headache caused by the boomerang was more problematic.  He looks around, his eyes seeking the one that wounded him.  Being disappointed, he turns his attention to other matters, specifically his own wounds.  "Physician, heal thyself," he mutters under his breath as he pulls the healing kit out from his pack.  He would have to hurry, there were many more far more deserving of attention than himself; but at the same time a wounded healer could be naught but a bearer of death should his hand slip in the delicate work of his trade. 

Begin healing, starting with myself, then triage.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 27, 2011, 03:06:58 pm »

Turn 5

Lone Wanderer: went to see the kings men.
Sheltering Leaves: Leaf nodded to them and strode away to find a place to rest and meditate on the battle.
Silent Fox: Bury the corpses of our dead allies.
Mending Moon: Begin healing, starting with myself, then triage.
War Wind: Scavenge around for some more materials.

----
The Kai swiftly gather up the wounded, and send them back under guard to the hidden base. We do not often have the luxury of burying our dead-we gather their cloaks, and remember them...it would be an honor if you interred them in the soil of Sommerlund, Silent Fox.

The others must depart with utmost speed...Swift Water just received another messenger...Krann are harrying a small civilian village a few miles away, setting fires and looting what they can. He doesn't bother to stay for much words, but he does pause to give you each a smear of blood of your foreheads-his blood. It's an old ritual, and no one knows where it came from...and while it's far from the first time you've killed Darkspawn, this is your first time killng them as Kai warriors.

Your help is greatly appreciated, young Kai. Truly, today you have earned your blood. I send you forth with my blessing-get on with your mission, and we shall do ours. I suggest you rest now-your friend, War Wind, will be told to join you here, but if he does not show in an hour, I would suggest you move on. Of all the things we are short of, time is the most precious... with that, he rides off, and the others follow, all giving their own small words of luck and hope.

Lone Wanderer, Silent Fox, Mending Moon and Sheltering Leaves have gained the following achievement
Blooded: This warrior has survived first contact with the enemy as a full fledged warrior, and been blooded by a Kai of superior rank.

-----------------------------

Lone Wanderer
Despite looking a little worse for wear, you stroll up to the Kings men and introduce yourself to them. Needless to say, they are very thankful, but eager to get out of here quickly-the scent of carrion will draw Krann, who will dispatch more Giak, which accounts for the additional numbers you saw. You suspect their forces might be somewhat depleted in this area, though. The captain's name is Torvald. Your skills were amazing-you reminded me of the old legends they used to tell about the Kai. I'll never doubt them again, no matter how much I've had to drink...I'm leading my men out of here, the ones I can, but if we ever have the chance to meet again, we could perhaps exchange skills? You could teach me your combat technique and I could teach you the art of leadership. Think about it, friend, and bless the Kai for their aid this day! He quickly makes a headcount of his men and leads those that can walk off-back to the safety of allied lines, hopefully. You finally let your guard down, and relax along with your friends...Mending Moon heals your bleeding, and moves off to treat Silent Fox. Soon, it is only you, three Kai and mounds of corpses...you had best get a move on and...what was that noise?

Silent Fox
Volunteering for the duty of burial, you are given a shovel and a prayer book. It is a solemn task. After Mending moon heals the cut on your cheek, you begin. You dig five mounds-the Kings soldier who died shall be laid in honor alongside the Kai-far away enough from the battle that the carrion eaters shall not despoil them. As you return to begin carrying the first body, you can't help but...what was that noise? It sounds like an...

Gained
+Prayer Book: A book of prayers to the Gods Kai and Ishtar. A noble soul who reads certain passages can pacify wayward souls, calm the dead and dying and may be able to repel evil.

+Folding Shovel: Can be used for digging, or a weapon in extreme circumstance, +0 to damage

Mending Moon
(Healing, Intelligence Roll: 7-1=6, pass)
(Random: 3, Silent Fox)

Calling on your innate Kai healing, you treat the large bruise on your head quickly-damage to the mind is one of the most horrible types of wounds-a mere touch of the wrist to your forehead and a few minutes of intense concentration and the woozyness goes away. Then you handle the cut on your side, in a mundane manner-a quick, painful splash of medicinal alcohol, follow by a poultice. You then move on to the other warriors.Your work today is easy, relatively-no one dies on your watch, and in fact, your skills were not likely needed, though they are certainly apreciated. It is a notable thing that there are no greatly wounded Kai warriors. They are either mostly unharmed, or dead. As the Kai warriors and King's soldiers file out, you move on to Lone Wanderer, who has a nasty gash on his forehead-it's bleeding fairly bad, but with a few practiced hand movements, the wound closes, leaving no scar.

As the Kai warriors and King's soldiers file out, you move on to Silent Fox, who has a minor cut on his cheek-it's bleeding only lightly, and with a few practiced hand movements, the wound closes, leaving no scar. You are concerned about some potential nerve damage, but before you can look closer...what was that noise? It sounded like an explosion, and it came from behind you...

-1 healing poultice, 5x2=10 hitpoints healed (Mending Moon +5 13/13, Lone Wanderer +4 15/15, Silent Fox +1 11/13)

Sheltering Leaves
Wandering away the silent horror of the battlefield, you find a small glade, untouched by war. Sighing, you drop into the lotus position and extend your conciousness outward...your body regains its strength, while your mind wanders. Your first thought is...something is wrong. There's a subtle disquiet about you and your teammates. But what...you are momentarily distracted from your thoughts by Merame's chattering. Apparently she found a chain, buried in the ground, almost as big the one that was used to hold the anchor on the ship you took to Sommerlund. It's partially buried, and leading into the tall grass...what could it be connected to?

Your mind falls back to the past. When you were learning about your enemies...

Today, we will learn about the Gourgaz-a dreadful reptilian monster that hails from the Maaekenmire swamps, but is also used by the Darklords as heavy infantry...
Physically, they are larger and stronger than any Man...they have clawed hands and a tough, leathery hide that naturally deflects blows...
For a race, they are amazingly single minded-when they recognize a target, usually the one who's caused him the most pain, a Gourgaz will pursue it till death.
Their armor is weak in the shoulder blades and the tail-if you can get around to these vulnerable points...when stripped of their scales, they bleed profusely-strike at their weak points!
Be prepared to evade-a Gourgaz is a predictable foe, and if you see him about to attack you, make sure you defend yourself...
And finally, be wary of Gourgaz hiding underground. They often dig themselves under soft earth to shelter from the heat of day.

Merame says she smells snakes nesting there, though...or something bigger than a snake...

It felt like the ground almost heaved up under him for a moment...

You can hear the tearing of earth coming from the direction of the battlefield!
--------

The Gourgaz bursts from the ground underneath the tall grass, the smell of flesh finally awakening him from his rest...or perhaps he was merely waiting for the other warriors to leave. He is unarmed, except for his claws and a broken chain hanging from his neck and trailing off. He swings it idly, casting about for prey and snarling. The creature is still sluggish though-he seems to be trying to wake up. All the Kai warriors are alerted-and now they must either fight this creature to the death, or flee while they still can...

Sub-boss battle!

Spoiler: Gourgaz (click to show/hide)
--------------------

War Wind
(Int roll:8, pass)(Luck Roll:1)
War Wind casts about for more goods. He doesn't find anymore Ironwood-those termites have cleared this area out-but he does find a chunk of White Iron from a fireproofed chest, in a burned out cabin located a half mile from the secret base...whoever lived here must have escaped, if only temporarily, for you can find no trace of bone.

+1 Chunk of White Iron:Weapons or armor smelted from white iron are bane to the undead, doubly so if the rites of Ishtar and Kai are spoken aloud while they are being forged.

A Kai warrior rides up to him at that moment, along with War Winds horse-he says his friends are waiting at the battle sight for him to arrive. Perhaps, he should be off? War Wind senses doom.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

OOC: Bwahaha. Have fun guys. I couldn't resist tossing in a Cave Troll Gourgaz, since that was the first real boss in the Lone Wolf books.

Remember, mindlessly attacking the creature might get someone killed. Make sure to tell me your strategy and your positioning in relation to the monster if you choose to fight it in melee-you can actually avoid most of his attacks if your careful, and none of you are tanks at this moment by any stretch of the imagination. Combat will be one round a turn this time.

I might as well just put down the stats for...

Defensive Stance: Forgo your attack, to gain plus +2 to agility and double your defense for that round. Cannot be used more than 3 rounds in a row.

As usual, point out anything that was wrong. I'm sure something is. :P
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 03:30:28 pm by Dwarmin »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 27, 2011, 03:09:02 pm »

Can I use my wind shield?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 5-They have a Gourgaz
« Reply #133 on: May 27, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »

Go with the rider.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Turn 5-They have a Gourgaz
« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2011, 03:14:00 pm »

You can try, Darvi. The Gourgaz is pretty big though.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 110