Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 110

Author Topic: Order Of The Kai RTD-Turn 57 Rapid Developments  (Read 85502 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Order of the Kai RTD-Chapter one, Descent into Chaos (Turn 3)
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2011, 03:55:54 pm »

Fox feels a disturbance in the Force...

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2011, 04:02:30 pm »

Swift Water, are any of your men skilled enough to make it down these canyon walls?  If someone could get down there, we could coordinate a joint strike from both the front and rear, with archers on the canyon walls firing down.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2011, 04:13:50 pm »

(Merame Scouting Roll: 10+1=11 (well fed) vs Difficulty 6-2=4(untrained/unaware enemy), pass)

Merame moves carefully, with all the agility and stealth the finest member of her race could possess. Sheltering Leaves feels proud they've trained together so well.

She notices to the Giaks left flank, there's a field of waist high shrubbery, perfect for an ambush. Merame says she smells snakes nesting there, though...or something bigger than a snake. You concentrate and send a tentative line of animal empathy toward it, and detect the distinct sign of a reptilian brain-a glacially slow, plodding intelligence. You quickly withdraw, lest you awake it.
----

Swift Water turns to Mending Moon.
It's an easy climb for a Kai-there's plenty of handholds, but the problem would be getting down without getting skewered by Giak arrows or our own men by accident. They would know the Green Cloaks by sight, if they saw them. From what I've seen down there, whoever was leading them originally is dead or discharged-whoevers leading them now is sharp enough to be ready for our move, I'd guess, if we got word to them.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2011, 04:16:37 pm »

Hmmm, perhaps a message tied to an arrow, then?  I doubt the Giaks will notice one arrow more, but ours are far more distinctive up close.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2011, 04:22:05 pm »

"Good work, Merame," Leaf congratulated the monkey as she dropped back down onto his shoulders. To the rest of the Kais, he pointed out the shrubbery. "We could use that for cover to sneak up on their left flank. It might be dangerous, though. There's something reptilian in there, most likely a snake." It might be a harmless snake, though. "Whatever you decide, I request being in the vanguard," he said to Swift Water.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2011, 04:38:01 pm »

Good thinking-someone hand me paper and ink...

Swift Water pens a few lines, in the Old Language-it's not used commonly, but anyone with education knows the popular phrases. He writes "The eyes of the Kai are upon you", fixes it to an arrow, and fires it into the barricade near the head of the man who seems to be in command. He spins around, probably expecting the end to come from the rear, but when nothing happens, he turns to inspect the arrow, and it's message.

He silently nods to your position, and whispers something to one of his men, who passes the message around. It's subtle, but the effect is amazing-all the men-at-arms stand taller, all weariness dropping from them as they prepare for the onset of the Kai warriors. The Giak seem unaware.

--------

Swift Water nods

Probably just some Pit Vipers. This time of year, they'll be hibernating-I doubt even the battle will wake them up.

Let those with blade, staff and spear circle around to attack from the Left Flank-all of you with bows, prepare to fire from above-if we do this right, we'll drive them right into the very trap they have our friends in.

Mending Moon, can I trust you to climb down there and alert the soldiers before we're about to attack? The Giak will likely spot you, but the momentary distraction will be what need to launch our ambush.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2011, 11:53:28 pm »

War Wind has earned the achievement:
Cross species pollination: This warrior has ventured beyond his normal limits of comfort, decency and endurance for the sake of base pleasure. Naar Pierre would be pleased.

Fixed.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2011, 11:54:50 pm »

Just thinking aloud, don't mind me.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 26, 2011, 12:49:28 am »

for clarification, this time i use 6th sense (dont seem like it was used in the duel)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2011, 02:56:29 am »

Mending Moon nods.  "Indeed.  I am small anyways, and shall be quick.  They shall certainly have need of my other skills when I reach the bottom as well." He sets out to find a good traverse that can be climbed down quickly.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2011, 04:50:14 am »

War Wind has earned the achievement:
Cross species pollination: This warrior has ventured beyond his normal limits of comfort, decency and endurance for the sake of base pleasure. Naar Pierre would be pleased.

Fixed.
Oh yeah ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 26, 2011, 05:51:58 am »

for clarification, this time i use 6th sense (dont seem like it was used in the duel)

It was sort of-you got 3 turns on a 1d6. Remember, rolls are reversed, but I went about it all screwy, giving you bonuses to combat rather than adjusting your stats, so I missed some things-it didn't affect the match though.. I've worked out most of the problems now. The duels turned out to be very useful for me!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2011, 11:00:23 am »

-Silent Fox: Disturb enemy with magic/block ranged attacks (Available Elements: Earth in Abundance, +2 to earth spells/light Breeze, no modifier/No fire/No water)

-Mending Moon: Climb down to soldiers, engage with bow

-Lone Wanderer: Sneak and fight in melee

-Sheltering Leaves: Sneak and fight in melee

Running turn soon-these are the orders I'm going with, unless you see something you need to change.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 11:02:06 am by Dwarmin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2011, 11:02:23 am »

Craft shield out of ironbark.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2011, 12:38:20 pm »

Might as well throw this down now that I've rolled it.

-----
War Wind kicks his easy lay out of bed and goes to work a new shield.

(LUck Roll=5) The base is low on food and medicine, but they do have extra tools, nails and screws, scrap iron, wood, or cloth and all sorts of thing in a makeshift workshop in the back. (+2 workshop bonus gained)

War Wind decides to make a (1=light, 4=heater) light heater shield-he's not confident that he has enough Ironwood to make anything larger than that.

(Intelligence Crafting roll 10-3(young ironwood bark)-2(Workshop Bonus)-1 Armor Specialty=4, pass!)

(Craftsmanship Quality roll 3+2(Workshop Bonus)+3(young ironwood bark)+1 Armor Specialty=9, bonus trait gained 4, Spiked)

It's not as easy as it looks at first-one of the bark pieces is infested with a type of termite that feeds on live Ironbark, making it useless. He ends up having to gather wood scraps to reinforce it-luckily, the wood is easy to form, which he does, quickly enough so that it doesn't harden before he's done.

He's even got enough time to add some finishing touches, carving a stylized draconic history of his tribe around the edge, and placing a metal spike in the center.

War Wind is quite proud of his work!

+1 Exquisite Young Ironwood Light Spiked Heater Shield:+2 to defense, -1 damage, wielding in offhand, additional 1 spike damage on successful defense roll

-3 Young Ironwood Bark
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:41:46 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 110