Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272532 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Graves - The Harrowing Patch - 1.0.0.127
« Reply #5055 on: October 29, 2011, 10:37:56 am »

I totally forgot to try zilean on dominion...

But yeah, max cdr zilean can spam his revive so hard that you dont have enough deaths to use it all the time. I assume that might be different on dominion.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5056 on: October 29, 2011, 11:38:02 am »

So I played Dominion with the build someone suggested (my friend TehWP suggested adding a Triforce in later) and it went well. This is my second time ever as Nidalee, and my friend pressured me to buying her with RP as well as her skin. It seems that it might not be such a bad thing after all.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: October 29, 2011, 11:39:41 am »

I totally forgot to try zilean on dominion...

But yeah, max cdr zilean can spam his revive so hard that you dont have enough deaths to use it all the time. I assume that might be different on dominion.
His Revive is actually kinda pointless in Dominion, as anyone dying is usually on the entire side of the map from you for no reason at all. You're better off just spamming his speed buff and bombs and soloing points. You can easily take on melee champs with your QEWQ combo, and you can hold points against anyone else for a bit. The delayed bomb thing is REEEEEALLY annoying to capture with. Plus, that revive? It's only like 40 second cooldown with max CDR + Ws. So, you'll more than likely just use it on yourself, which won't matter anyway, because you're likely dying from being teamed up on. Basically, your goal is to be like Singed: Annoying, super fast, and never dying. You'll capture points ridiculously fast, and you can occasionally save a teammate too.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: October 29, 2011, 12:25:43 pm »

Zil is an even more ridiculous AP carry on SR, when he takes mid. His bombs have a .9 ratio and with maxed rewind and blue have about a 3 sec cd after the intial double bomb. He also has sooo much utility.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5059 on: October 29, 2011, 12:30:17 pm »

Zil is an even more ridiculous AP carry on SR, when he takes mid. His bombs have a .9 ratio and with maxed rewind and blue have about a 3 sec cd after the intial double bomb. He also has sooo much utility.
Zilean is a bad AP carry. Better build him as a tanky support, IMO.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: October 29, 2011, 12:30:46 pm »

Zilean is a bad AP carry. Better build him as a tanky support, IMO.

Challenge accepted. Fight me, bro.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: October 29, 2011, 12:37:47 pm »

I've only played with support Zilean once (I was Vayne).  I didn't like him.  The speed and the ult are the only really supporty thing he does from what I've seen, the bombs just push the lane and make it harder to cs.
Shoes...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: October 29, 2011, 12:52:27 pm »

Support zilean, farm little, save tryndamere (again, as planned).

at the end of the game I was the only one with not as much farm, but it didn't matter because tryn had a complete build and carried hard.

Also our nexus was exposed so I ended up buying a fuckton of pink wards to keep twitch away.

It worked out.

Support zilean works if his ult is actually crucial to keeping a strong carry alive.

His nukes are good, but the base damage is a bit low to be a pure ap nuke.
Plus he needs a massive manabase, large amounts of ap, and max cdr. That is a lategame item build for a full nuke.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: October 29, 2011, 01:27:20 pm »

I've only played with support Zilean once (I was Vayne).  I didn't like him.  The speed and the ult are the only really supporty thing he does from what I've seen, the bombs just push the lane and make it harder to cs.
Yeah, understandable. I think he works better with a melee champ to support and an escape. Tryndamere is a good example, especially since he's got an escape and his ult saves him from dying. Then he gets a revive after doing ridiculous amounts of damage and escapes.

Vayne might be a little less able to escape, since she's more able to engage and hunt down than escape.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: October 29, 2011, 01:52:10 pm »

Yeah, the Morg/Vayne combo was way scarier.
Shoes...

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: October 29, 2011, 01:56:08 pm »

*watches prewiew* since when does mr. shaco the instagib throw + damn box not have enough burst?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: October 29, 2011, 02:02:30 pm »

Only AP Shaco can do that, and it sounds like they're going to be nerfing AP Shaco.  AD Shaco's knives and boxes aren't as scary.

Nerfing AP Shaco is fine by me.  All AP Shacos are terrible.  If there's one on your team he'll feed, if there's one on the other team your team will feed him.
Shoes...

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: October 29, 2011, 02:23:31 pm »

Zil is an ok support. But he's an amazing AP carry.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5068 on: October 29, 2011, 03:27:57 pm »

Zil is an ok support. But he's an amazing AP carry.
Over the last year I'd have to say he's a terrible support.

But an amazing AP carry :P

So far as I'm concerned the only supports are Janna, Taric and Alistar.

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: October 29, 2011, 03:44:33 pm »

So I just got destroyed playing Alistar vs Brand mid. Seems like every time I got near I'd lose half my health before I even got near and even then I do piddly squat to his health. I know that an AP build Alistar don't have the staying power of support Alistars but I figured I'd at least be able to handle some of Brands nukes before being hamburger(See what I did there?). Was it error on my part or just bad lane pairing?
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 1067