Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272427 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Graves - The Harrowing Patch - 1.0.0.127
« Reply #5040 on: October 28, 2011, 10:30:45 pm »

I keep forgetting about his passive. I wish it'd actually tell you how much AS you get.

It's also interesting that Kassadin is able to cast all his spells instantly. I thought every champion has a delay between casting spells (All the other mages do too.) I think the only other champion that can simulcast is Annie?

But yeah, that's my build too. RoA into Deathcap. I just go really AP heavy after that with things like Void Staff, Abyssal, Lich Bane, etc. Occassionally I grab some CC immunity item like Banshee's or QSS if for some reason the enemy is able to actually CC me consistently (e.g: I have to jump into Morgana ult range).

The one stat I've never even considered buying is armour. I don't think any AD champions are able to actually kill Kassadin by themselves. At least, I haven't seen it happen to me. I guess it's the same reason why Nidalee never bothers to build armour either.

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: October 28, 2011, 10:33:05 pm »

AP Builds for me usually roll -

ROA -> WoTA -> Deathcap/Rylais

or

3 Doran's -> Deathcap -> Void Staff

Both builds have sorc boots.

I find the Doran's -> Deathcap more useful for when you're already winning and have good burst. The ROA build is for when you have to be more conservative.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: October 28, 2011, 10:38:33 pm »

Soooo.
Its now impossible to escape from shaco and olaf's ulti is a better version of alistar's ulti.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: October 28, 2011, 10:40:16 pm »

AP Builds for me usually roll -

ROA -> WoTA -> Deathcap/Rylais

or

3 Doran's -> Deathcap -> Void Staff

Both builds have sorc boots.

I find the Doran's -> Deathcap more useful for when you're already winning and have good burst. The ROA build is for when you have to be more conservative.
Now, see, I usually grab boots + 3 pots. I don't ever take any of the Doran's items except the shield anymore. Tristana/Xin Zhao might be able to catch Kassadin using red buff and a good sense/lots of wards. Or if there are no walls anywhere for Kassadin to jump over.
Also often called Boowells.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: October 29, 2011, 04:04:59 am »

Looking at the patch preview, it got me thinking about Olaf.

You know, Olaf is a bit weird. He wants to be Tryndamere... but at the same time he wants to be Udyr. Let's look at his kit:

Olaf kit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

----

Anyway. If you look at it from a technical perspective, eliminating all the previous bias you had of Olaf before this. Lets think about the two ways that Olaf scales:
1. HP - The more HP Olaf builds, the more damage he does for the few seconds his W is on.
2. Lifesteal - Olaf gets massive innate lifesteal for the few seconds his W is on.

Notice something weird about this? The two big ways that Olaf scales only show any use when his W is on. This is retarded! It doesn't make any sense! It means Olaf is only a threat for 10% of the time he's hitting your face in a teamfight. The entire time his W is on cooldown, it'd be as if he didn't scale at all. This is the same problem Kog'Maw used to have. I could also go into how lifesteal actually gets WORSE if you stack HP but I think the point is made.

So, I propose a completely new build for Olaf. Full, hyper tank Olaf. Fuck Warmogs. Fuck Atmogs. We're talking Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, Force of Nature, Randuin's Omen, Guardian Angel. Full 300 resistances on everything Olaf. No offensive items at all to speak of. Then send him solo top.

----

It makes so much more sense. For one, lifesteal is a helluva lot more potent when your hp healed is protected by 300 resistances. It's why Tankwick is so brutally effective compared to regular Warwick. Secondly, that kind of uber tankage takes advantage of his most potent skill. His 4-second true damage nuke. He will literally never die. But he will do MASSIVE true damage on everyone. This is awesome. He'll kill everything.

So, when the patch comes out and you want to try new Olaf, keep this analysis in mind. Don't bother stacking HP on him. Go full tank for the win.

Tl;dr: Current Olaf builds are dumb and unviable. Build full tank and max E first. Max Q last. Trololol.

Edit: I also just noticed that with 40% cooldown, not only is Olaf's E on a 2 second cooldown (!!!), but his axe throw's cooldown is 6 seconds. Since if you pick up your axe, it reduces the cooldown by 6 seconds... heh heh you can do some pretty cool shit with smarcast.

Basically, with 40% cdr, whenever you engage anything, hammer the q key at your own feet. Instant cooldown. Doesn't matter if it's a champion or whatever. It basically translates into a permanent 200 damage per second AOE slow to anyone that stands next to Olaf. It also translates to unlimited Trifoce procs. Super fun. Try it out.

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: October 29, 2011, 04:27:06 am »

But bolts are never your main source of damage!  Bolts are only really noticeable in lane and against people like Alistar.  Only hard tanks will survive long enough to proc silver bolts more than twice.  Even then focusing a target for that long is really risky because of your range and squishiness.  If you build around silver bolts you're not going to do as much damage as if you built AD/AS.

Maybe I shouldn't post when drunk.

It is indeed not your main source of dmg. But it is the reason why Vayne can annihilate a team in 5-10 seconds. Especially if you build Madred's, you 'focus' on AS to proc bolts and Mad's.  To me, "building around silver bolts" means exactly that. To me it means you should not ignore it and go for the standard AD build.

Don't start with an IE (not utilizing bolts), don't start with Madred's (too early in game to enjoy bolts/mad's combination).

/edit: Yay for Shaco changes. Building ubernests is quite boring, so I was more of an AD jungler anyway.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 04:44:07 am by Wravburn »
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: October 29, 2011, 04:54:06 am »

Seems they moved where they put the patch notes? Can someone link me to them?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: October 29, 2011, 06:37:37 am »

Rapidly getting into this game. Played several matches yesterday and won most of them. The best win being a 5v5 PvE that, due to two #&%*ers disconnecting less than 5 minutes into the match, rapidly became a 3v5. Then another went linkdead and it was 2v5. Too early to surrender, so we just sat back and let them push into the base. Mr. Linkdead came back, we started offering token resistance, and then out of nowhere it was...CHOO CHOO! all aboard the pwn train! The 3 of us pushed straight up the mid to the inhibitor, then went back and two did bot while I solo'd top. Enemy was too busy defending mid to send more than one hero at a time to either side, and by this point we had a lvl advantage.

Though I have to say, the key factor in that win was that the other guy who was in the whole match was playing Heimerdinger. Every match I've seen with Heimerdinger he becomes an unstoppable, terrifying tsunami of little turrets. Dude had like 30 kills, 1 death.  :o

Now I just need to learn how the item tree thing works. I've been focusing on attack speed and life drain items, and it's worked well for me (usually playing Master Yi).

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: October 29, 2011, 06:54:00 am »

Seems they moved where they put the patch notes? Can someone link me to them?

I don't believe patch notes were posted yet, just the patch preview.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: October 29, 2011, 07:04:22 am »

Though I have to say, the key factor in that win was that the other guy who was in the whole match was playing Heimerdinger. Every match I've seen with Heimerdinger he becomes an unstoppable, terrifying tsunami of little turrets. Dude had like 30 kills, 1 death.  :o
Co-op vs AI is Co-op vs AI.

I havent actually seen a heimer go against bots. Do they target the turrets?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5050 on: October 29, 2011, 07:29:05 am »

Now I just need to learn how the item tree thing works. I've been focusing on attack speed and life drain items, and it's worked well for me (usually playing Master Yi).

Usually the rule to building DPS is, that you don't stack pure Attack Speed and Lifesteal UNLESS the champion has built-in Attack Damage increasing abilities: Dr. Mundo for instance, receives flat 100 AD from his E when it is on lvl 5, and he even gets extra AD the lower health he is. This means Mundo with 1% hp has 199 more AD from 1 skill: Stacking lifesteal and attack speed is great for this guy. Sion, Gangplank and Yi have built in AD buffs as well, which means rushing some AS and lifesteal isn't that bad on them.

On DPS:es with no AD buffs however, stacking those is a bad thing. Ashe that stacks Phantom Dancers and Stark's fervors won't deal much dmg.

Its kinda same for tanks as well. You shouldn't stack 1 stat, such as Health, unless in special circumstances. If you play Dr. Mundo, feel free to stack purely HP. If you're playing a real tank, often you need to get Armor and Magic Resist equally as well.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: October 29, 2011, 07:57:54 am »

Rapidly getting into this game. Played several matches yesterday and won most of them. The best win being a 5v5 PvE that, due to two #&%*ers disconnecting less than 5 minutes into the match, rapidly became a 3v5. Then another went linkdead and it was 2v5. Too early to surrender, so we just sat back and let them push into the base. Mr. Linkdead came back, we started offering token resistance, and then out of nowhere it was...CHOO CHOO! all aboard the pwn train! The 3 of us pushed straight up the mid to the inhibitor, then went back and two did bot while I solo'd top. Enemy was too busy defending mid to send more than one hero at a time to either side, and by this point we had a lvl advantage.

You can win PvE if all four of your teammates disconnect.  You gotsta start playing PvP, just dive in.  It's not that hard, PvE is just for learning how a champ's moves work, it teaches bad habits.
Shoes...

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: October 29, 2011, 08:49:15 am »

Finally broke down and spent 12k IP on champions with another 12k waiting for the release of She-whatever and the inevitable price decreases.

I've been playing for a month, only using the free champions up to now. MANTHEON IS FINALLY MINE. AS IS LEE SIN. Feels great!
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: October 29, 2011, 09:33:47 am »

Umi, what about his +100% attack speed scaling off missing hp?

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: October 29, 2011, 10:34:50 am »

I've played some games as Zilean in dominion, man this guy is crazy overpowered for this game mode. The early game is a bit lackluster, but as you get more CDR and as you level up your skills, he becomes some sort of permaslow/permaspeed machine, throwing bomb after bomb after bomb. The speed allows you to be everywhere on the map in no time, the bombs erase entire creep waves for great pushing/ cash earnings, and the slows make melee champions useless. Add to that all the revives... yea it's really a big plus for a team.
Pages: 1 ... 335 336 [337] 338 339 ... 1067