Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1272411 times)

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Graves - The Harrowing Patch - 1.0.0.127
« Reply #5025 on: October 28, 2011, 04:02:35 pm »

Nope, doesn't look like she does. She's on sale this week though (480ish RP, still 3150 IP) if you're in to buying champs with RP.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: October 28, 2011, 04:26:52 pm »

Vayne has about 4 billion DPS. I played as Irelia against her, and even though she was going 1/7/0 in the early game, and I had built over 200 armor+thornmail, she was able to kill me in about 4-5 seconds at around level 18. Is she just OP as fuck (again) or am I missing something here? That's 3000 health with 60% reduction (factoring in her armor pen), so, what, 7000 damage in a single burst?

EDIT: Seriously, I could probably 1vs1 any other person on the team, and our k/d was like 50/20 or something ridiculous like that. But, nevertheless, VAYNE OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE "KATHUNK KATHUNK YOU HAVE BEEN SLAIN"
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:29:51 pm by woose1 »

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: October 28, 2011, 04:29:16 pm »

Vayne probably has the most late game DPS out of any AD carry.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: October 28, 2011, 05:21:49 pm »

Okay, yeah. Atmogs Nidalee is a bit crazy. Playing her really feels like release Irelia.

4000 hp. 120 resists (cougar gives bonus resists). 800 damage nuke on a super short cooldown. If you get a Triforce = ???

If you do the HotshotGG thing and just sit at top lane forever, I really don't think anything short of a 5 man gank will kill you. Hell, I think once you get your warmogs, you're pretty much set. If you look at Nidalee's cougar form base damages... it's honestly quite crazy. Building tank is definitely the way to go.

Short of throwing ultra high damage spears, I don't think there's anything squishy AP Nidalee can do that tank Nidalee cannot. All her AP ratios are shit anyway.

Jar of Jam

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_FOOD:ITEM_FOOD_JAM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: October 28, 2011, 05:53:52 pm »

Okay, yeah. Atmogs Nidalee is a bit crazy. Playing her really feels like release Irelia.

4000 hp. 120 resists (cougar gives bonus resists). 800 damage nuke on a super short cooldown. If you get a Triforce = ???

If you do the HotshotGG thing and just sit at top lane forever, I really don't think anything short of a 5 man gank will kill you. Hell, I think once you get your warmogs, you're pretty much set. If you look at Nidalee's cougar form base damages... it's honestly quite crazy. Building tank is definitely the way to go.

Short of throwing ultra high damage spears, I don't think there's anything squishy AP Nidalee can do that tank Nidalee cannot. All her AP ratios are shit anyway.

I guess this settles my next purchase, then.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: October 28, 2011, 06:08:05 pm »

Vayne and Kog'maw have extremely high DPS, but lack in survivability and utility.  Vayne's a bit more survivable with her Q and E and the stealth from R but she's still really fragile and has a huge target on her head.  Also, I'm surprised tank vayne works.  I thought about building her like Irelia once and using silver bolt procs to do damage but I figured it wasn't really enough.

I think at 2.0 as she can do like half your health in 7 seconds.  That's not really worth building around.  If you build her AD she can kill a whole team in seven seconds.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:11:16 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: October 28, 2011, 06:11:55 pm »

Vayne and Kog'maw have extremely high DPS, but lack in survivability and utility.  Vayne's a bit more survivable with her Q and E and the stealth from R but she's still really fragile and has a huge target on her head.  Also, I'm surprised tank vayne works.  I thought about building her like Irelia once and using silver bolt procs to do damage but I figured it wasn't really enough.

I think at 2.0 as she can do like half your health in 7 seconds.  That's not really worth building around.  If you build her AD she can kill a whole team in seven seconds.
More or less. I used to think that all her damage was her true damage too, but that's not really the case. It USED to be the case, when she was released but now she needs way more AD.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: October 28, 2011, 06:13:26 pm »

Vayne really needs only Madreds and a single PD, you build the rest tanky or whatever you want (Wits end is also good), just autoattack and if they try and focus you you should be durable enough to kill them all, not that complicated really XD
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: October 28, 2011, 07:22:37 pm »

I have never built her like that.

I go:

Doran's Blade/Shoes and Sodas depending on the support>Zerk Boots>Infinity Edge/Bloodthirster depending on the support>Phantom Dancer>Phantom Dancer>Banshee's Veil>IE/BT, whatever I didn't get last time
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: October 28, 2011, 08:05:55 pm »

I either start with Dorans or boots and some pots.Rush razor and then zeal.Finish up bloodrazor (easy farm ftw!) and PD before going some tanky stuff or some more AS (starks also works nicely).

Getting her AS to 2.0 is good enough and can be easily done with just three offensive items (i've also seen SoD work) then just taking banshee or something to keep you from dying.
AS - IG

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: October 28, 2011, 08:17:46 pm »

Doran's Blade -> boots -> BF Sword -> base

I really like/enjoy rushing the BF sword for early game dmg, when the bolts are not your main source of dmg yet as enemies dont have that much hp.

Finish boots -> Black Cleaver -> Madred's -> Zeal -> Banshee's

Phantom Dancer -> Lifesteal (BT or Stark's, usually get the vamp scep. whenever I have a spare 450g)
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: October 28, 2011, 08:23:28 pm »

But bolts are never your main source of damage!  Bolts are only really noticeable in lane and against people like Alistar.  Only hard tanks will survive long enough to proc silver bolts more than twice.  Even then focusing a target for that long is really risky because of your range and squishiness.  If you build around silver bolts you're not going to do as much damage as if you built AD/AS.
Shoes...

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: October 28, 2011, 08:29:30 pm »

True, but.

SILVER BOLTS MAN YOU GOTTA PROC THEM BITCHES!
AS - IG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: October 28, 2011, 08:31:31 pm »

But bolts are never your main source of damage!  Bolts are only really noticeable in lane and against people like Alistar.
This is the truth. Bolts are a misleading source of damage. It's more or less the same as building AS on Caitlyn to proc her headshot.

By the way, check out my epic match history for my US account:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No losses babee~

Edit: Got my 10th win in a row. =3 I still can't figure out how someone can do bad as Kassadin. The only way I see it happening is if you get super denied early game.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: October 28, 2011, 10:16:13 pm »

Edit: Got my 10th win in a row. =3 I still can't figure out how someone can do bad as Kassadin. The only way I see it happening is if you get super denied early game.

It's really more of being pretty squishy, despite the percentage damage reduction from spells. If your team doesn't fully initiate and you go in without Cleanse or a QSS, you're going to get CC'd and die a horrible horrible death. If you don't have a decent initiator, you can't really enter team fights at all because you'll get focused too quickly. Also, wards are super helpful to Kassadin. At my level, people don't know how to deny Kassadin early and not many people play Kassadin in the US anyway, so they don't understand how long of a cooldown his ranged silence has.

Of course, I always go RoA into Deathcap, because I don't like how the Tear makes you so squishy. One guide I read recommended a Warmog's, though, after Tear/Deathcap.
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 1067