Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Shadowrun mod development (discuss, share, borrow)  (Read 8814 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun mod development (discuss, share, borrow)
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2011, 01:14:27 pm »

The centaurs are mostly savage though, so I guess the ones important are rare mutants, right?

Also I've read that they have 3 digits and elongated heads... And they have horse heads on all pictures. Does "elongated head" mean a horse head in every rulebook/story, or does it vary? I was portraying them with more weird heads/faces (like elongated primate heads).

Matrix Uplink as a workshop?

HMHVM (I forget the actual acronym... vampire virus) as a Syndrome?

Spirits as tameable creatures?

Cybernetics Clinic with a reaction to replace dwarf limbs, organs, parts, with ones made of metal (after construction from the relevant metals at a Cybernetics Workshop)?
The limb replacements cannot be made right now. The good areas will have spirit animals and the evil areas will have mutants. HMHVV is a subject for another release (with real turning viruses etc.), it will be just a non-ending poison with some bad effects for now.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 02:54:50 pm »

Elongated like the halflings from Dnd 3rd artwork, only moreso and a bit in the face, too:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So that skull with more of a monkey face.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:00:49 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2011, 04:41:48 pm »

Matrix Uplink as a workshop?
For what?

HMHVM (I forget the actual acronym... vampire virus) as a Syndrome?
The effects of the HMVV (Muman-Metahuman Vampiric Virus; maybe HMHVV) will need to wait until cursey stuff is implemented.

Spirits as tameable creatures?
Sadly, they won't be able to do all the awesom spirity things they do in SR.

Cybernetics Clinic with a reaction to replace dwarf limbs, organs, parts, with ones made of metal (after construction from the relevant metals at a Cybernetics Workshop)?
Not a bad idea, just impossible.

Went back and played the Xbox 360 canon. Now I've borrowed a friend's Shadowrun books and I'm hooked.
Xbox 360...canon?
LIES! The XBox game cannot be considered cannon, or even fannon, since it was a FPS not an RPG.  The only similarities between the ACTUAL Shadowrun and the XBox abortion was visual.  Nothing more.
Isn't it annoying when people disagree with you because they belive the EXACT same thing as you, only you said it subtly?

I... uh wasn't disagreeing with you.  Why would you think that? Your comment was there for "moral support"
...Isn't it annoying how you have trouble understanding the meaning of peoples' words on the internet?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2011, 09:25:00 pm »

God I enjoyed the SR Pen and Paper.  Friends an I switched from D&D to it when it first came out.  It was such a breath of fresh air after D&D.  The environment and story was incredible and the skills and health  / damage actually made since.  I had a guy who was bioteched out of his mind and a physical adept as well if I remember correctly.  I remember he would get 2 to 3 attacks before anyone else even got to move.  Never got a chance to play it on genesis though.  Didn't even know there was a genesis SR until this threat actually. 

Heh, those were the good old days.  Ahhh, smell the nostalgia.

Reelyanoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I need people with Shadowrun rulebooks/knowledge
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2011, 10:50:40 pm »

I have a trouble with kangaroo
It belongs in the marsupial group, e.g Possum, Wombat, Koala. Monotremes like Platypus and Echidna are related. I'd stick them all in the rodent group if nothing else. Though, they are sort of 'K' shaped.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:16:00 pm by Reelyanoob »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2011, 01:16:10 pm »

Hey, you can use whips pretty much as-is and get Monofilament whips! :-D
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

kragnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • !!noble!! is the most noble of all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2011, 03:13:46 pm »

Dear god monofilament whips are a frightening idea.

The idea of an atom thick scourge... how on earth do you keep from slicing yourself in half when you whip it improperly due to balance issues is beyond my imagination.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2011, 06:51:27 pm »

Dear god monofilament whips are a frightening idea.

The idea of an atom thick scourge... how on earth do you keep from slicing yourself in half when you whip it improperly due to balance issues is beyond my imagination.
By knowin what the HFS you're doing, of course. Using a monowhip untrained will simply speed up your death from stupidity.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 10, 2011, 01:43:00 pm »

Matrix Uplink: Could be used to Mine (D)ata

Data could then be used, at the same workshop, to produce things like:
Cybernetic (S)chematics
(B)iotech Research
(I)ncriminating Information
(C)orporate Contracts
(M)agical Secrets
(W)eapon Prototypes
or simply (H)ack Credstick

Most of these wouldn't have a use yet - but could potentially serve as reagents for other reactions, down the line.

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2011, 03:57:00 pm »

Damn, I was a bit busy with stuff this weekend, so it takes a bit longer than I wanted :).

About the Matrix Uplink: Originally I wanted to make a "research station" to get technology, but I've decided to switch it to "hacking", to do so you need the said terminal, so your ideas are very similar to mine.

It will be a hard job and sometimes dangerous to the hacker, but in the end rewarding.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2011, 06:15:43 pm »

That's awesome -- I'm curious how you make it dangerous to the hacker?  That's a more complicated reaction than I thought was possible.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2011, 06:17:51 pm »

That's awesome -- I'm curious how you make it dangerous to the hacker?  That's a more complicated reaction than I thought was possible.
Low chance of the reaction producing a gaseous material with a syndrome.

wilsonns

• Bay Watcher
  • Golden hair?Green eyes?Spiky beard?Super Dorf Jin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2011, 10:03:24 pm »

THIS MUSIC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6wdJdVbkhw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Seriously. That definitely should be the theme while you play DF mode.

PS: I'm sorry for my bad english, guys >.<

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2011, 10:38:38 pm »

THIS MUSIC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6wdJdVbkhw&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Seriously. That definitely should be the theme while you play DF mode.

PS: I'm sorry for my bad english, guys >.<
I will definitely compile a music file out of Shadowrun soundtrack. But I would suggest to use Soundsense, I switched to it and cannot switch back :).

Low chance of the reaction producing a gaseous material with a syndrome.
Yes, various syndromes of varying danger, from easy blasters and simple blackouts due to exhaustion and up to high-level black ices and killers which can be quite dangerous for the long-term health.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Schattensonner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2011, 07:27:52 am »

OMG.. Sounds awesome..
I enjoyed all of your mods so far, and I loved to play the SR P&P years ago..
So I just cant wait to have this mod on my PC..

Some Ideas:
*Dermaplast Fiber/Cloth for Stitchings/bandages as kind of Dermal-Armor (right translation ? ) for the wounded - Not useful as armor, just for the style
*Roaming Cyberzombies of various kinds
*Drones as Pets - Well, just like the way the robotic pets appear in your Wasteland mod

For Cybertech all I could imagine would be creature variations(or was it body variations - i always mix up all these terms) to replace/modify some parts of the body-
sadly this wont give us the chance to use a clinic for implants- but at least some "pre-cybered" castes/creatures/whatever

Hm.. I think IŽll have a look and try to find my Sourcebooks.. Somewhere in the planes of chaos called "basement"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5