Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Shadowrun mod development (discuss, share, borrow)  (Read 8800 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Shadowrun mod development (discuss, share, borrow)
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 10:16:27 pm »

I care.   :P

I guess if it intrigued him enough to go back to the true canon - the RPG - it can't be a that bad.  The stories are sometimes good, but some authors you wonder if they had even read the books.  There are also those guys who you can TELL played the game -alot- because you can almost see them rolling the six-siders in their choice of words.  "Grog attempted to bypass the ICE blocking Aztechnology's security system with his Attack-6 program.  And failed."

It's in Polish, but:
Naga
Centaurs

They are written in english and have the page numbers of all the book references circa 2e (maybe a little bit into 3e)
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 10:23:01 pm »

Never heard of shadowrun be sides that Xbox game. Though I've never played D&D like games. :-\  It sounds like a good mod idea.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 10:58:57 pm »

Never heard of shadowrun be sides that Xbox game. Though I've never played D&D like games. :-\  It sounds like a good mod idea.
I've only played the Xbox game, but I knew there was a D&D type thing too. I've never played it tho, either. Like you, I've never played a D&D type game. :'(

All my friends actually have lives  :P

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2011, 11:05:51 pm »

What does having lives have to do with it, huh? Don't you dare to try to insult us tabletop gamers? :P

Because my tabletop gaming experience (which abruptly ended when I became married) was full of girls, strong drinks and light drugs (I didn't smoke but many of my friends tried marijuana), so it was a hell of a time. One of the most intense periods of my life. If it's not a "life" for a teenager, then I don't know what is it.

And I didn't play Shadowrun nor DnD, we had our own settings. My Shadowrun acquaintance comes from SEGA Genesis console RPG (you haven't played SEGA Genesis if you haven't played Shadowrun :P).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2011, 11:31:19 pm »

The 'Corporate Arcology' / 'Tribal Enclave' angle definitely seems like a good one to me.  But, man, I don't even want to think about the challenges involved in incorporating magic, spirits, cybertech...
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2011, 11:45:53 pm »

Most of the stuff is impossible still, yet everything that is possible will be in, don't worry :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2011, 12:12:45 am »

Are you going to wait for the curses to come out or will you release the mod before that?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2011, 12:21:54 am »

Of course I will make the mod before the next release. As much as I'd like to get the new release ASAP, I think my work requires less input that Toady's :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 12:38:14 am »

Genesis had a shadowrun game?!  Well... at least I played Dune on it right?  Not that I knew that was a book series until years later.  And I only heard about shadowrun about a year before the xbox game came out, and never played it.  Heck, I only just recently started playing D&D(or it feels recent anyway).

I'm pretty excited about this myself, since the little I know of shadowrun seems really cool.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2011, 02:32:23 am »

Looking over what you have here, it appears like it's the same run of creatures you put into Genesis, possibly better organized and maybe rethought a bit.  Something to think about there, tho, is that predators should be less numerous than their prey, a problem I noticed cropping up in Genesis quite alot.  One way to do this might be to make the nastier predators [SAVAGE] and [LARGE_ROAMING].  That way they will spawn in the savage areas during worldgen, then move around a bit.  So there would still be nasty nasty areas but overall there are predators everywhere.

Just a thought I had after making some of the creatures here [SAVAGE].  It worked particularly well for the apex predators.

Also, the Ants and Komodos could deffinitely use syndromes.  Komodos would cause rotting wounds, and Ant bites are painful.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:34:25 am by Jeoshua »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2011, 02:54:38 am »

Yeah, we were discussing it with TomiTapio via PM, and my first goal will be to balance the predator/prey numbers. The creatures are mostly from genesis (with some additions) which I try to organize and spread between biomes. I want to flesh out the mundane biomes and then move onto good/evil areas.

Many animals which do not have syndromes yet have them in rulebooks, so I will add those :).

Quote from: 'Running Wild'
Komodo Dragon Venom
Vector: Injection
Speed: 1 Hour
Penetration: –2
Power: 8
Effect: Physical Damage, Nausea, Septicemia
(See Below)
After a bite from a komodo dragon, the bacteria
in its saliva multiply and move along the
bloodstream of the victim. The resulting infection
begins with a fever and can end with organ
failure or death. The only way to treat a bite is
with antibiotics. Without antibiotics, victims will
continue to take damage every hour. If the victim
glitches in resisting damage, increase the power
by 2; on a critical glitch, increase the power by 4
until the bite is treated.

Monitor Lizard Venom
Speed: 1 Hour
Penetration: 0
Power: 6
Effect: Physical Damage
The bite of the monitor lizard is painful
but also venomous. The venom induces rapid
swelling and shooting pains as it moves through
the bloodstream.

Loris Venom
Vector: Ingestion, Injection
Speed: Immediate
Power: 7
Effect: Nausea
Lorises cover their babies with this venom
to deter predators, and they put some venom
in their mouths to deliver a poisonous bite. The
venom causes swelling and nausea. They carry
their venom sack in their elbow.

Platypus Venom
Speed: 1 Combat Turn
Power: 5
The platypus has spurs on its ankles which can
deliver venom. It’s not deadly, but it causes edema
or a painful fluid buildup around the struck area.

Black Widow Venom
Speed: 1 Minute
Power: 5
Effect: Nausea, Physical Damage

Scorpion Venom
Power: 7

Cobra Venom
Power: 8

As I said I'm not done with terrestrial creatures, I have to make my own university work but I use free time to add and tweak them :).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:59:14 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

huhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2011, 04:52:02 am »

Great idea. I like your Wastelands mod and this promises to be just as good.

I remember playing the SNES and Genesis games a long time ago. We didn't play the tabletop Shadowrun, but opted for CP2020 and Space Hulk. It'll be somewhat tough to convey a powerful SR feeling to the game world with just this mod. The next version promises a lot of added functionality that'll help with those problems - And even more so if the city-building logic gets fully exported to raw format sometime. I don't know how else we could see giant skyscraper cities in DF. Any thoughts about the magic systems of SR? Summon Snakes is one basic piece of voodoo magic that could perhaps work with zero-hatch-time-eggs. I'm not sure about that, though, since I haven't actually even looked at an egg raw yet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2011, 06:47:10 am »

Went back and played the Xbox 360 canon. Now I've borrowed a friend's Shadowrun books and I'm hooked.
Xbox 360...canon?
LIES! The XBox game cannot be considered cannon, or even fannon, since it was a FPS not an RPG.  The only similarities between the ACTUAL Shadowrun and the XBox abortion was visual.  Nothing more.
Isn't it annoying when people disagree with you because they belive the EXACT same thing as you, only you said it subtly?

Right now I miss info on naga and centaurs. I don't know proper naga physiology nor culture, and I have trouble finding proper info on centaur culture.
Nagas are basically dragon-headed venomous pythons, IIRC, and...centaurs aren't in the SRII, so I can't help you.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 06:49:02 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2011, 12:17:29 pm »

Matrix Uplink as a workshop?

HMHVM (I forget the actual acronym... vampire virus) as a Syndrome?

Spirits as tameable creatures?

Cybernetics Clinic with a reaction to replace dwarf limbs, organs, parts, with ones made of metal (after construction from the relevant metals at a Cybernetics Workshop)?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2011, 12:44:40 pm »

Went back and played the Xbox 360 canon. Now I've borrowed a friend's Shadowrun books and I'm hooked.
Xbox 360...canon?
LIES! The XBox game cannot be considered cannon, or even fannon, since it was a FPS not an RPG.  The only similarities between the ACTUAL Shadowrun and the XBox abortion was visual.  Nothing more.
Isn't it annoying when people disagree with you because they belive the EXACT same thing as you, only you said it subtly?

I... uh wasn't disagreeing with you.  Why would you think that? Your comment was there for "moral support"

Right now I miss info on naga and centaurs. I don't know proper naga physiology nor culture, and I have trouble finding proper info on centaur culture.
Nagas are basically dragon-headed venomous pythons, IIRC, and...centaurs aren't in the SRII, so I can't help you.

They were.  Milo Cverca was a Centaur and one the board of Directors of Draco Corporation... you know, Dunkelzhan's corp?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5