Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 2 - Technological Explosion  (Read 18092 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 0 - So the crow cries atop the empire.
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2011, 07:49:03 pm »

wait, are we supposed to PM you the turn?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone:

You can proceed with turn 1 is about to start. Everyone is given 4 DD Dukes, 1 DD Lander, and 5000c at your home planet.

Rules on Diplomacy, Loans are updated. Ship types are updated. A map is uploaded and please find out your position.

If you got problems please do not hesitate to tell me, either here, pm or the fluff thread.
I don't think you posted the ship types.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:17:05 pm by Nirur Torir »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone:

You can proceed with turn 1 is about to start. Everyone is given 4 DD Dukes, 1 DD Lander, and 5000c at your home planet.

Rules on Diplomacy, Loans are updated. Ship types are updated. A map is uploaded and please find out your position.

If you got problems please do not hesitate to tell me, either here, pm or the fluff thread.
I don't think you posted the ship types.
It was a pretty obscure location - I reserved a post a bit down the first page. Now accessible from the 1st post anyway.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2011, 05:20:52 am »

Oh, we need to take planets neutral by conquest, rather then colony ships? That's different.

I'd like to modify my race one last time before we start, if possible. Do we have 8 categories or 9?

Edit: Are landers "used up" after landing their marines, or are they reusable?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 06:39:40 am by Nirur Torir »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2011, 06:10:09 am »

Just to clear things up:

In space combat, for countermeasurers, each ship rolls a die. Now, is that added up, or is it the highest one or something?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 06:54:32 am »

Just to clear things up:

In space combat, for countermeasurers, each ship rolls a die. Now, is that added up, or is it the highest one or something?
Added up. Makes it nearly identical to GalCiv, but calculation is much easier (and less decisions for me to manually take!)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2011, 06:58:52 am »

Oh, we need to take planets neutral by conquest, rather then colony ships? That's different.

I'd like to modify my race one last time before we start, if possible. Do we have 8 categories or 9?

Edit: Are landers "used up" after landing their marines, or are they reusable?
It might look different, but that is used in Anacreon. This looks more plausible as spacefaring has already been there for at least 30 millenia, not yesterday.

8 categories in total, not 9. I should have meant LESS THAN 9, that's 8.

-RULE TREAK- Damaged Ships and Landers need to spend a turn above a friendly colony to repair, rearm and draft/abduct for losses.

Turns can be posted, or by PM. though you'll never want to post your ship movements!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:31:35 pm by evilcherry »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2011, 07:52:44 am »

I'm almost ready to submit my turn.

What's base population growth, 5% or 10%?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:55:55 am by Nirur Torir »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2011, 08:23:44 am »

I'm almost ready to submit my turn.

What's base population growth, 5% or 10%?
5% and clarified.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:06 am »

Hey, I'm writing up my current turn and I noticed that Colony 30 (which I believe is my capital) only has 3200 manufactuaries compared to the standard 5000 for a capital. Shall I assume that this was merely a typo?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2011, 09:34:50 am »

Hey, I'm writing up my current turn and I noticed that Colony 30 (which I believe is my capital) only has 3200 manufactuaries compared to the standard 5000 for a capital. Shall I assume that this was merely a typo?
This was definitely a typo, unless you wanted a uphill race for the galaxy.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2011, 09:41:04 am »

Ha ha, I think with the calibre of other players in our game, I already have an uphill battle!  :)

For research, is there a specific tech tree? Or do we just state the general idea of what we want to increase? Range 3 ships? Small Craft? Improved troops?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2011, 09:46:45 am »

Ha ha, I think with the calibre of other players in our game, I already have an uphill battle!  :)

For research, is there a specific tech tree? Or do we just state the general idea of what we want to increase? Range 3 ships? Small Craft? Improved troops?
General Idea. There is a vague tech tree in my mind, but could be greatly modified by actions players taken.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2011, 10:19:46 am »

Okay a couple more question for you! Sorry to keep bombarding you!

1) I may have missed the rule, but how is fleet upkeep calculated?

2) Just to clarify about troops on the world: 1m pop = 1000 troops. Are these troops considered to be marines with the same stats? hp of 10, attack value of 5, and a defense value of 2?

3) I know environment can be improved through terraforming, but is there an investment that improves the quality of manfactories on a planet?

4) At this point I'm not really sure what's a decent % of production that I should be investing in tech. Do we get a general idea of how many turns approximately it will take to research an item, or if we're investing too much, tell us we're overshooting?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2011, 10:28:10 am »

god this is confusing.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16