Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 2 - Technological Explosion  (Read 18036 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Vestigi Imperium - Turn 2 - Technological Explosion
« on: April 30, 2011, 05:42:58 pm »

Vestigi Imperium - A 4x game in a dying empire far, far away

Spoiler: Background (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Game world (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Important note (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Colonies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Technology (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stragetic movement (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Space combat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blockading (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Trade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Diplomacy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loans and Upkeep (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: sample turn (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: sector map (click to show/hide)

Links:

Fluff thread
Ship types, Tech, and so on

Turn 1
Turn 2
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 11:40:26 am by evilcherry »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - A 4x game in a dying empire far, far away
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 05:50:00 pm »

Kingdom: The Kingdom of Sentient Monkies
Race: Akrasah - They are human sized monkies who have gained sentience over many years. They love Peace, but will not hesitate to turn to violence if needed. They are resilient, and fight for the freedom of all who wish for it.
King: Sir Monsid
Capital: Monkey City - It is built within a Giant tree about six miles across, and fifteen miles tall.
Planet: Preferably a Heavily Forested very big planet.
+ 2 Production
+ 2 Trade
+ 2 Taxation
- 2  Investment

That Good ?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:26:13 pm by adwarf »

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 05:54:21 pm »

Empire name- Defiance of Change

Emperor- Jan-Fortua

Race- Reptilicus
 Race bio- A lizard-like race. there were two variants, a scientific and a tribal, but the tribal variant was eliminated. they devote their entire lives to science, as such, they have a bonus to research. They are a very selective race, almost spartan-like in their conversion, -1 to pop growth. they are master ship builders and general architects.

Planet name- oikodómoi
 Governor- Joha-Enti
 Capital- ev̱i̱meroún
 Major cities- Nancua, trade center; Farnucta, Ship building city.

bonuses/penalties-

Spaceship Attack +1
Spaceship HP +1
Spaceship Defense +1
Population Growth -1
Research +1
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 07:58:28 pm by ggamer »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 05:55:01 pm »

Would also like a spot!

Kingdom: House Hanzat
Current Ruler: Duke Benedict Hanzat
Race: Mainly Human, though alien immigrants are more or less welcome.
Capital: Biizan
History: The planet Biizan has been ruled by House Hanzat for the better part of 15 millennium. Founded on strong economic principals, Hanzat has dutifully managed the finances of Biizan to make it an economic powerhouse in the sector. Currently ruled by the young Duke Benedict Hanzat, he is generally well-liked by his subjects and has managed to increase the standard of living quite handily under his regime. The people of Biizan are generally considered industrious folk. Government policies tend to favour couples who have many children, offering many tax incentives and rebates. This has lead to a boon in the birthrate over the past 50 years. The general lack of conflict in quite a long time has taken it's toll on the planetary Biizan defence forces. Though the Duke would never admit this, they are generally considered subpar when compared to other land forces. The Duke instead relies on his economic and industrial prowess to win his conflicts. (More forthcoming)

Abilities:
+2 Production
+2 Taxation
+1 Population Growth
+2 Research
- 2 investment
- 1 land defence

edit: Didn't see research, added it in!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:53:44 am by Knave »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 05:57:34 pm »

« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:47:54 pm by evilcherry »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 06:02:11 pm »

Reserving, reading through the rules.

Kingdom:  Thrile Free Space
Race: The Thrile, a race of telekinetic, telepathic plants.  Lacking any motor organs, they move around through self-telekinesis or by being carried by telepathically dominated thralls.  Thrile are adapted to live away from soil for several hours at a time, though prefer to rest in soil or a nutrient bath.  They are photosynthetic but employ carnivorous predation for additional nutrients.  The main organ of note is the large, tubular 'brain' that runs through their trunk.  Thrile speak primarily through telekinesis and do not possess any external sensory organs; they form a picture of the world around them by interpreting the senses of living creatures in their immediate environment.
Ruler:  Archon Iituem
Planet:  Yarrow IV
Capital:  Hymnal

Bonuses & Penalties

Land Attack +2:  There is a certain morale advantage to being able to convert your enemy's soldiers to kill each other mid-battle.
Land Defense +2:  This works both ways, not to mention the advantages of being able to force your own soldiers to keep fighting regardless of their state of health or fear.
Loyalty Recovery +2:  Dominating the minds of your subject populations on a large scale can somewhat interfere with rebellions.
Terraforming +2:  Whilst not particularly eco-conscious, Thrile are used to maintaining habitats for a large variety of subject races and are more able to adapt new territories accordingly.
Defensive Structures +2:  Thrile mind control devices are commonly installed in most defensive structures to ensure just that little bit more compliance from their soldiers.  Long range telepathy can usually serve as advanced warning in some cases as well.

Small Craft Attack -2:  Thrile are not well-adapted to piloting ships individually, so they must either pair up with a servile pilot or sit safely on the cruiser and control the pilots from a distance.  Whichever way, the pilots suffer crippling reaction lag.
Industrial Expansion -2:  Thrile bodies are not adapted to manipulation and industrial production, relying primarily on servants to accomplish these things for them, but the limits on free thought available to said servants impedes their effectiveness.
Trade -2:  Thrile do not experience emotions the same way as other races, and they have a somewhat alien mindset.  They try to project emotions and a sense of pleasantness into the minds of other races, but this sometimes comes across as inherently 'wrong', leading to a suspicion amongst traders that they are being lied to.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:34:41 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2011, 06:04:51 pm »

You think you are up for a big game like this?

If so, I will tentatively in.

What are we looking at as far as faster then light travel?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2011, 06:11:16 pm »

You think you are up for a big game like this?

If so, I will tentatively in.

What are we looking at as far as faster then light travel?
FTL is abstracted as much as in GalCiv; They are similar to sublight speeds. Interdictors is one of the most common technologies so opposing navies can always be drawn out from whatever space that they travel in.

p.s. I expect players to bookkeep at least the production/consumption part of their turns. Sharing chores like this can be very helpful.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2011, 06:16:00 pm »

Ok thats fine, and my limit of FTL knowledge is " It makes Destiny go real far real fast "

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2011, 06:18:04 pm »

Alright, also, I am not 100% sure on this, so I thought I would ask, we start with four points to put in bonuses, but we can make more by giving ourselves penalties, correct?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2011, 06:18:15 pm »

Kingdom: The Kingdom of Sentient Monkies
Race: Akrasah - They are human sized monkies who have gained sentience over many years. They love Peace, but will not hesitate to turn to violence if needed. They are resilient, and fight for the freedom of all who wish for it.
King: Sir Monsid
Capital: Monkey City - It is built within a Giant tree about six miles across, and fifteen miles tall.
Planet: Preferably a Heavily Forested very big planet.

That Good ?
I let you select your bonuses. It just does not feel fair for me to choose, as this is a deliberate attempt to let you minmax.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2011, 06:18:45 pm »

Alright, also, I am not 100% sure on this, so I thought I would ask, we start with four points to put in bonuses, but we can make more by giving ourselves penalties, correct?
Exactly.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2011, 06:21:22 pm »

Can we, at some point, make artificial worlds?

Edit: Or at least floating habitats that artificially increase the size of a world?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 06:24:14 pm by Criptfeind »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2011, 06:26:15 pm »

Can we, at some point, make artificial worlds?

Edit: Or at least floating habitats that artificially increase the size of a world?
May, or may not be. Since the tech tree is, like CaW or FaW, always tentative.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2011, 06:26:47 pm »

Ok fixed my bonuses that should make my income a Good point if I play my cards right.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16