Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 2 - Technological Explosion  (Read 18047 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - A 4x game in a dying empire far, far away
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 07:59:11 pm »

Added my empire in.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011, 08:03:31 pm »

Kingdom: The Karzon hive
Current Ruler: Queen Karzon Black Tail
Race: Us. (You may call us the Hive.)
Capital: Karzon hive.
History:

We once spread though out the galaxy. Each world ruled by one high queen. And life was free and good. A hundred worlds were ruled by us. Dozens of high queens. Many hundreds of billions of the children. Uncountable millions of aliens fell to the queens and were forced to pay homage. But, but, we were slow. Hundreds of years could go by and not a single new idea would be thought. We atrophied. Then, a thousand years ago or more, a small ship, carrying colonists for a new world came across a new race. A race of upright walking mammals, who were in a ship that seemed crude and worthless and were flying though space into the domain of the queen of A’Badren. They were hailed and brought on the radio. They were brought in to an orbiting research facility. Six months went by, and their language was dissected by the brightest minds on the planet. The first true conversation was the queen telling them that they, and their entire race, were now her subjects.

They disagreed.

The queen gathered a fleet, and set sail for the world that they had come from, knowledge gained from many hours in the darkest pits with the most vile of interrogators. Our fleet reached it three years later and left hyper space to lay waste to the planet. Although the defenses were surprisingly strong, and many ships were destroyed, soon the planet was barren of life. This show of strength was to scare the race into submission. It had worked many times in the past, and it was thought that this would be no deferent. After all, how many races other then us could say they could empty an entire planet of life? Surely this new race was decimated, with a large slice of their population destroyed.

We did not know them. We thought too little of them. This race were unlike any race we had fought before.

And that planet? That planet that was so hard to take? That we relied on to scare them into submission?

That planet was regarded as a minor outpost. A small fringe of their empire.

We made them mad. We angered their population. We had no idea they would even care so much about the death of a small number of non royals.

But they did. They returned. With bigger ships. With vast armadas. With guns and missiles and lasers.

We made the humans mad. And it would be our biggest mistake.

With in a hundred years the war was over. Half a trillion sentient lives were lost. Almost a hundred planets were wiped of life. Our once great houses, thirty or more high queens, were reduced to less then half a dozen. The war was over, and we had lost.

With the death of the queens, came the death of tradition. Our surviving queens had to submit. They had to sue for peace. This is not something that had ever been done in the history of our race. Never before had the queens been in danger in a war. But the humans wanted genocide or submission. The old ways were dead. Moving at a slow pace was dead. Focuses on the arts and literature over physics and biology was dead. The rule of many queens was dead.

We do not know if any other queens still live. Our once vast empire has crumbled and there is no communication left. All that is left is the high queen, Queen Karzon Black Tail. She saw the only way for our race to live is for her to put aside her pride and give into the humans. She who swore loyalty to the far away human emperor in return for her life, and the life of her children. She who dismantled the old university of arts and poured funds into the sciences. She is Mother of us all and killer of the old ways.

She is the future.

Now we sit, with only one planet still under our control. But the old human empire is falling, no one watches us to make sure the old engines of war are not made.

We have lost much. But we will gain even greater glories. For this?

This is the age of the new Hive.

Population growth: +2
Production: +2
Taxation: +0
Terreforming: +0
Spaceship Attack: +2
Spaceship HP: -2
Spaceship Defense: -2
Small crafts attack: +0
Defensive structures: +0
Land Attack: +0
Land Defense: +0
Industrial Expansion: +0
Loyalty recovery: +2
Large structures: +2
Trade and Selling production: +0
Investment: -2
Research: +0
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 04:06:19 pm by Criptfeind »

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2011, 08:07:11 pm »

Cool space bugs!

But I think the traits go over the specified maximum?

You can also assign 4 bonus points (or penalties) to at most 8 categories.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2011, 08:09:48 pm »

Oh.

Yeah.

I will fix that.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2011, 08:46:58 pm »

You might have to fix that again.

You can also assign 4 bonus points (or penalties) to at most 8 categories

I think that means you can only have up to a max of -4 points, but its disputable.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2011, 08:59:49 pm »

You might have to fix that again.

You can also assign 4 bonus points (or penalties) to at most 8 categories

I think that means you can only have up to a max of -4 points, but its disputable.
That is unfortunately implied.

I can wait for Criptfeind to tweak that, though. We are not going to start too soon.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2011, 09:20:18 pm »

Wait. I am not sure I understand. Er... What is wrong with mine? It totals +4, it only goes up or down by two, and it is in 8 categories.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2011, 09:30:09 pm »

You have a total of -6 points in three categories. You can only assign up to 4 points in penalties.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2011, 09:32:18 pm »

Hokay. What about the +10 I have in elsewhere? Is that a issue? (Other then the fact that if I can only have -4, I could only aford +8)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2011, 04:25:13 am »

Question can I build thrusters into my planet, and make the core its power source so my whole planet is a space ship ?  :P

If that did work, you might have the slight issue of leaving orbit in the process and possibly dooming the entire planet to fiery/icy death.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2011, 06:47:54 am »

Question can I build thrusters into my planet, and make the core its power source so my whole planet is a space ship ?  :P

Invader Zim says yes.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2011, 07:17:24 am »

"Empire" name: Eternal Order of Sapphiria
Race: Sapphirians - Aquatic decatentacloids
Homeworld: Sapphiria

Backstory: When the Empire first discovered this ocean world, they initially ignored it. Much time later, it was rediscovered, and human colonists settled it to mine a certain rare metal detected under the world-spanning ocean, naming it Sapphirira. They soon found a curious group of primitive, sapient octopus-like creatures, which they promptly enslaved and used as miners.

Millennia later, long after the mines had been exhausted, the humans realized that their slaves would make a (Somewhat revolting) delicacy for the rich. The Sapphirians decided that enough was enough, and managed to rise up. The humans were unable to call in support from the dying empire and unable to pay for mercenaries; the civil war lasted for over a century. The natives were finally victorious, and declared "Never Again."  Within the span of a decade, they had re-engineered human technology for their biology, and became a spacefaring race.

They are unified into a communistic society by the events of their past. Their ideal individual is one who brings about the greatest possible good for as many Sapphirians as possible.

Racial points:
+2 Research: Communal mindset enables researchers to share data freely, rather then hording it for personal gain.
+2 Production: Workers are motivated by more then just profit, and have more limbs to work with.
+2 Loyalty Recovery: Populace is highly loyal to the government.
+2 Population Growth: [MANY_LITTER_ALWAYS]
+2 Industrial expansion: Aquatic environments reduce the need for structural support.

-2 Spaceship HP: The additional systems required for water-filled ships reduce the space available for armor and bulkheads.
-2 Investment: Financial incentives do little to encourage already hard-working laborers.
-2 Large Structures: It is resource intensive to transport massive amounts of water into orbit.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 12:59:36 pm by Nirur Torir »

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2011, 08:59:08 am »

Hokay. What about the +10 I have in elsewhere? Is that a issue? (Other then the fact that if I can only have -4, I could only aford +8)
or -6 and +10. That's perfectly legal.

-minor update-

Clarified quality. Production is now tied to quality, which is again a percentage.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 09:06:02 am by evilcherry »

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2011, 09:10:53 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
tis okay?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 11:13:52 am by Ahra »
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2011, 09:42:38 am »

I'm a bit confused. Can we have over -4 points assigned?  ???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16