Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 2 - Technological Explosion  (Read 18070 times)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - A 4x game in a dying empire far, far away
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 10:00:10 am »

I'm a bit confused. Can we have over -4 points assigned?  ???
I never say you can't. As long as your sum is less than 4 (though you don't want to tbh), no category is beyond +-2, and no more than 9 categories are assigned, you are perfectly okay.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - A 4x game in a dying empire far, far away
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 11:08:49 am »

I'm a bit confused. Can we have over -4 points assigned?  ???
I never say you can't. As long as your sum is less than 4 (though you don't want to tbh), no category is beyond +-2, and no more than 9 categories are assigned, you are perfectly okay.

Oh, I missunderstood. Well, I adjusted my race.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

MAJOR CHANGE: ground combat, colonies. Now environment also reduces growth, and unhappy cities refuse to pay tax.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

With loyalty now affecting current colonies, a loyalty recovery penalty no longer makes sense for my people. I changed my points slightly.

Do worlds with a negative loyalty rebel if there are insufficient naval assets policing them?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

It seems near to almost all manufactories will be destroyed in the conquering of a world.

10,000 soldiers are supported by 10m population. If lets say they all die, that would mean 1 manufactory, which is supported by 1m population, is destroyed.

However, if we peacefully occupy, the destruction is x10, resulting in 10 manufactories being destroyed, which is what the 10m population would have supported. This is not to mention losses on the offensive side either.

Unless this is, of course, what you intended.

"Edit" I'm a bit confused what you mean by this:

Exterminating will kill off 80% of remaining population, and 50% of population
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:02:27 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ye-ee-s.  Is there any chance of a worked example of ground combat, please?  Some of the numbers are confusing me.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am compiling the map, but a worked example of combat is in VERY short order.

p.s. 80% population, 50% manufactories. My apologies.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

--Major update: ground combat--

As I should have intended:

Let say planet B has a population of 10B. that means, it provides 10m soliders, which is a large amount.
Let say A invades B and A kills all 10m soliders. The population will, in any case, decrease by 100m, and # of manufactories shall decrease by 1000, which is 10% of it. As 1% of population perished, so loyalty will decrease by 1x10=10%. If B holds, it is the damage received by B.

Now, of course, since A wins anyway. If A choose to occupy, It should kill 10% of population, without additional loyalty penalty (that is still 10%). In addition, since infrastructures suitable for the past regime will be disbanded, manufactories shall decrease by an additional 1000. In addition, it loyalty would decrease by another 50% for petty resentment towards their true masters. That means usually it would be left at less than half, and probably very near zero.

Of course, They can just hold a massacre and exterminate the unruly population. In this case, 80% of remaining population is 7.2b, leaving 1.6b who value their lives. 45% of the original manufactories, similarly, will go poof, probably as secret police like to blow things up to intimidate people.

So, in a nutshell:
1. -RULE AMENDMENT- Orbital bombardment may bring down loyalty. Ask anyone "who owe their large pensions to Wernher von Braun" how V2s feel.
2. -RULE AMENDMENT- Damage to manufactories from peacefully occupying is now DOUBLED not 10-folded.
3. -RULE ERRATA- 80% population, 50% manufactories for extermination.
4. -NEW RULE- 50% of Defending armies attack strength is affected by loyalty value. So if they are completely demoralized by bombardment (0% loyalty), they only attack half as effective. 50% loyalty will mean 75% effectiveness. This is to improve the effectiveness of orbital bombard without killing too many.

Rules will be updated immediately.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hokay. What about the +10 I have in elsewhere? Is that a issue? (Other then the fact that if I can only have -4, I could only aford +8)
or -6 and +10. That's perfectly legal.

But that's what I have...

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile

you are not making a waiting list do you? XP

Anyway little question: it seems Boarding is not possible?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can hold a waiting list, but that means only for players who left without notice.

Boarding may or may not be possible, again. The main concern is that it might complicate things too much.

Knave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

House Hanzat could always use advisors and Generals for it's soon to be growing influence!

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everyone:

You can proceed with turn 1 is about to start. Everyone is given 4 DD Dukes, 1 DD Lander, and 5000c at your home planet.

Rules on Diplomacy, Loans are updated. Ship types are updated. A map is uploaded and please find out your position.

If you got problems please do not hesitate to tell me, either here, pm or the fluff thread.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 0 - So the crow cries atop the empire.
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2011, 07:23:39 pm »

I have a issue. I am still confused on race bonuses. Is my race okay, or does it need fixing? And also, could I, if needed, make some changes to it if I need to after I read all the new rules?

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vestigi Imperium - Turn 0 - So the crow cries atop the empire.
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2011, 07:33:44 pm »

I have a issue. I am still confused on race bonuses. Is my race okay, or does it need fixing? And also, could I, if needed, make some changes to it if I need to after I read all the new rules?
I give you the green flag.

You may make a few adjustments. After all, minmaxing is an important part of your game...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16