Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567046 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #4200 on: August 04, 2016, 12:25:52 am »

Does anyone even still play normal Elona? Isn't everything after Chapter 1/initial continent Elona+ content? Or is + just changes to mechanics (skills, spells, jobs/plat costs, gods, etc).

Yes, new continent is Elona+ content. Besides that and mechanics changes, Plus also introduced tons of new contents and QoL improvements. Vanilla Elona is no match to Plus.

Cattani

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: August 05, 2016, 11:57:03 am »

I only play Elona classic because I never managed to get through that JP download webpage.
Speaking of which, any tips on getting an EN version?

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: August 05, 2016, 12:07:22 pm »

ALRIGHT. After years of following this topic, I gotta try out this game. Where do I start? Vanilla Elona w/ English translation???
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: August 05, 2016, 01:32:45 pm »

Here's a link to elona plus https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rjtmd247d6c6uma/ZCkmq9DI6J The first time you launch the game it should simply as whether you want english or japanese.  I believe a fair bit of the late game is still purely jp though.
Nom nom nom

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: August 05, 2016, 01:35:25 pm »

There's Elona Custom too, Elona (and Elona+) had the actual story and related events and quests entirely removed from the game in the english version since the original Elona english release.
Elona Custom is a titanic effort to re-implement it all in english in its full glory into Elona+ :
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/Elona_Custom

edit : now at the time i write, it's for Elona Plus 1.57 , not yet updated to version 1.60 (that is the latest)
You should find Elona+ 1.57 on the link provided there ("slow download" still work at time i write)
https://www.reddit.com/r/Elona/comments/4js2sr/elona_157_download/

that said, there are a few antivirus ( 3 out of 54 on virustotal at that time) that consider Elona Custom own elona.exe infected, it's very likely (but you may never know) not infected at all but due to some compilling method some antivirus get a bit too paranoid, you can check this thread for further info :
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:17104

But in case you unfortunately own one of those 3 antivirus, they may delete elona.exe and prevent then you to play.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 01:54:44 pm by Robsoie »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: August 05, 2016, 02:45:41 pm »

"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: August 06, 2016, 12:50:59 pm »

Elona+ is worth it alone for the QoL updates.  Plus, there is already a lot of content to go through in act 1 alone.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: August 06, 2016, 02:52:18 pm »

Elona+ is worth it alone for the QoL updates.  Plus, there is already a lot of content to go through in act 1 alone.

100% agreed. I often don't even move on to the later acts before retiring my character, and even then I'd never entertain the notion of playing vanilla Elona again. If Elona+'s QoL were a washing machine, then vanilla Elona's QoL feels like washing your clothes between two rocks in a muddy river.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: August 06, 2016, 04:57:40 pm »

I'm starting to wonder if I should have made my first character a performer, inhaled money, and then vomit artifacts onto my heir who would be my actual "complete the game" character.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: August 07, 2016, 02:11:26 am »

They moved to a new thread. It's on 1.60.1.

That is great, thanks for the link, i thought AnnaBannana had somehow given up.

The additional good new is that this version trigger only 1 out of 54 antivirus on virustotal (and the one triggered i don't even know it, none of the big antivirus consider Elona Custom executable as a potential threat anymore), meaning that the "can't play my antivirus deleted the elona executable" shouldn't happen anymore.

No reason to not play Elona+ and the restored storylines/events/quests then :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 02:13:33 am by Robsoie »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4210 on: August 07, 2016, 02:42:14 am »

Where's a DL link to v1.60.1?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: August 07, 2016, 02:47:24 am »

Elona Custom 1.60.1 is working on Elona+ 1.60fix (it requires it i mean)
Elona Custom 1.60.1 download is found on the link provided by SirAaronIII , Elona+ 1.60fix is found on the link provided by kilakan a few posts above

Once you will have installed Elona Custom 1.60.1 over Elona+ 1.60fix, run it with  ElonaC.exe , not elona.exe
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 02:50:00 am by Robsoie »

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: August 07, 2016, 11:46:07 am »

Here's the wikia thread about it. You can go to axfc for the official download, but the site is in Japanese (still should be manageable with Google Translate) and I heard the ads might be NSFW. Or you could just get it off that Dropbox link.

Anyone try that wild new blade strings action? I heard it's mad OP.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4213 on: August 08, 2016, 04:21:39 am »

Here's the wikia thread about it. You can go to axfc for the official download, but the site is in Japanese (still should be manageable with Google Translate) and I heard the ads might be NSFW. Or you could just get it off that Dropbox link.

Anyone try that wild new blade strings action? I heard it's mad OP.
I got dissected by a strings trap in puppy cave at full HP. Urgh.
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: August 28, 2016, 01:44:26 am »

Hmm anyone have a list of what you can and can't add to a custom Tone I'm editing the Stardust Magical Girl one to something else but I was wondering what things you can add lines to and can't add to.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 291