Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 291

Author Topic: Elona  (Read 567029 times)

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: Elona
« Reply #4185 on: April 20, 2016, 01:20:33 pm »

Anyone have a link to Elona+?

I tried a few google searches and all I got were the wiki pages. If those had a link to it, I must of missed it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: April 20, 2016, 04:06:42 pm »

http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/
That's the main page for elonaplus.  it's in japanese but the download link is labeled in English.
Nom nom nom

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: April 20, 2016, 04:28:13 pm »

http://wikiwiki.jp/elonaplus/
That's the main page for elonaplus.  it's in japanese but the download link is labeled in English.

Much appreciated. <3

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: April 22, 2016, 08:50:41 am »

For anyone interested in mages. Spellbooks of Hero are stupidly cheap at all 700ish gold. They use a small amount of stock, it's a actual useful spell and it's wonderful for grinding cast.

On that note, Am I the only one who seems to get obscene amounts of exp from casting on Elona+?

Like, I have gained four levels purely through casting cheap spells like Hero to grind my casting stat.

Patchy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mukyu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: April 22, 2016, 11:23:47 am »

Casting has always given large amounts of xp even in vanilla. Each cast is training like 2 or 3 different skills if I recall, + another couple from reading the books for your stocks in the first place. Simply put mages have a lot of different skills they need and training your choice of spells to usable levels will rack up a lot of xp fast.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:27:05 am by Patchy »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: May 01, 2016, 02:08:31 am »

Decided to play Elona+ again and noticed the chat had been disabled. I really liked the chat, it made things more interesting and there were some fun people on there :(
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: May 01, 2016, 04:23:34 am »

Decided to play Elona+ again and noticed the chat had been disabled. I really liked the chat, it made things more interesting and there were some fun people on there :(
Yeah, the contract for the servers that chat was running on ran out a few months ago:
Quote from: Elona blog
"Sorry for the long absence especially for the English community. The contracts of external servers I've been using to maintain the forum and the in-game chat will expire at the end of this month [posted 19/DEC/215]. Please make a backup of your images/articles if necessary.

It is not like we're abandoning Elona or its sequel so please don't feel sad. ( One of the reasons behind it is that as an indie dev there's always a financial issue and I thought it would do more good, hopefully, to invest in game assets.)"

[url]http://homepage3.nifty.com/rfish/index_e.html=[/urll]

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: July 21, 2016, 10:50:51 pm »

Installed the latest version of Elona+. What is the skill "magic eye"? It's description is "you are subjected to the magic in the eyes by the ritual."?

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: July 23, 2016, 11:08:28 am »

Installed the latest version of Elona+. What is the skill "magic eye"? It's description is "you are subjected to the magic in the eyes by the ritual."?

It deals MP damage to a target. It's a skill.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: July 23, 2016, 08:45:20 pm »

It deals MP damage to a target. It's a skill.

But is dealing MP damage useful? On casters it might help then run out and start overcasting faster, but wouldn't you need ridiculous amounts of MP damage to do anything to non-casters?

hachnslay

• Bay Watcher
  • 09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: July 29, 2016, 10:57:31 am »

[...]
But is dealing MP damage useful? On casters it might help then run out and start overcasting faster, but wouldn't you need ridiculous amounts of MP damage to do anything to non-casters?
casters often have a magic capacity skill - it allows them to reduce the overcasting damage they take. Whenever mp is substracted it will deal an amount of damage related to the percentage of the total max iirc, so it will take effect earlier and deal more damage earlier against non casters with a small MP pool.

In other news - the original nifty site talks about elona coming to steam early access if i read it right. Can anybody confirm that?
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
--Alpha Centauri ,Pravin Lal

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: July 29, 2016, 02:45:29 pm »

I see it too, this could be very good or very bad, I somehow doubt Elona+ would be allowed to continue if the original goes onto Steam.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: August 01, 2016, 01:41:04 am »

Well, seeing as the base alone probably won't see any additional development, even if development stopped on elona+ for legal reasons it wouldn't disappear from the internet. I know a lot of people would still prefer it over vanilla.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: August 01, 2016, 01:47:20 am »

I see it too, this could be very good or very bad, I somehow doubt Elona+ would be allowed to continue if the original goes onto Steam.

There is literally is no way to stop it. I'd host it myself if folks had legal issues getting a host.

Elona+ is a large part of why this game still gets fans. It's also why oldies will revisit the title.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: August 01, 2016, 04:23:26 am »

Does anyone even still play normal Elona? Isn't everything after Chapter 1/initial continent Elona+ content? Or is + just changes to mechanics (skills, spells, jobs/plat costs, gods, etc).
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 291