Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153541 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 31: [Understand: 1]. Also, you guys are boring.
« Reply #1575 on: June 04, 2011, 06:18:01 am »

Inquire within as to the nature of work available.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 04, 2011, 07:22:59 am »

Actually I like playing female characters more. :-\ Can't quite say why I picked a male character twice in a row, honestly. Variety purposes, I guess. That or I had an edit lying around I liked the look of. :P
Believe me, the reason I play male characters is my writing. Though if another Sci-Fi RTD comes up I'm doing a female character :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 04, 2011, 08:37:52 am »

However, if anyone takes longer than 3 turns, you can choose what is going to be threatening death for them. Would you like that?
Sure. How about a swarm of locusts mistaking them for plants and eating them alive? It's moderately unpleasant and can be used to advance the plot in various ways.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: June 04, 2011, 09:14:38 am »

... can be used to advance the plot in various ways.
???
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 04, 2011, 11:02:28 am »

... can be used to advance the plot in various ways.
???
Hint: in agricultural communities, locust swarms(especially the unusual ones) are sometimes considered bad omens, since they kill crops and cause starvation. And sometimes, bad omens cause mass hysteria. If Tarran made the locusts really notorious(like being black or chirping "Ascar" out loud), that and their player-eating habits would definitely cause mass hysteria in Toi. Possible outcomes:

1) If local religious leaders, informed of Ascar's evil plan by their gods, could turn the hysteria against Accurarwa, the town would start preparing for war and sending scouts to find Accurarwan camps. Hence the new main quest: scouting. Or going to smaller camps to capture their leaders. Or helping capture their camps to secure strategical positions. This is war, there's a lot of stuff to do.

2) The same as 1, except since this swarm was notorious in some way AND gods keep sending adventurers to disrupt some evil plan of Ascar's, the mayor decides to try investigating Accurarwan cult on his own and hires swords for that. Possible main quests: the same as 1, except with less full-scale war and more mercenaries.

3) Or mass hysteria could escalate to the point of unrest, forcing the heroes to move on to another town. New town equals new quests and a new captain of the guard.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 04, 2011, 02:05:43 pm »

... is that you coming from behind me?
if it's <Irony>, do what he asks (at the time of this post, a stone golem). If not, stay back and get ready to possibly ambush.
I believe so.

Find somebody who can remove those crappy legs. Maybe the priest. Tell him that they're a bunch of lunatics, every one of them.
Come here, I can help!  :P
Me too! :D

If Nowan successfully creates a quality stone golem, attempt to animate it by imbuing it with the dragon's soul.

If Nowan does not successfully create a stone golem, attempt to create one of my own (using Earth magic).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: June 04, 2011, 02:15:07 pm »

Unpolymorph Joseph's frog legs.
Ask Joseph what he is doing out in the westlands and why he is traveling with a pack of lunatics... and if he needs a priest...

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: June 04, 2011, 02:21:04 pm »

I have an idea. Maybe make it where it's easier to polymorph something back to it's normal state, so in this case it's just a Tricky, but if you're trying to make a body have something it's not supposed to like wings or claws or a tail or whatever then it's a Tricky 2?
Maybe.

... then FU** that I lost my critical fail save mutation  :-[ can I get it back?
If you get very, very lucky. Otherwise, no. Sorry, but you really should've paid attention.

Believe me, the reason I play male characters is my writing. Though if another Sci-Fi RTD comes up I'm doing a female character :D
*Nearly has a heart attack*

Sure. How about a swarm of locusts mistaking them for plants and eating them alive? It's moderately unpleasant and can be used to advance the plot in various ways.
Sure. Also, I meant one for each of them. If you're feeling particularity mean, you can give some even worse, like an advancing wall of chaos demons.

1) If local religious leaders, informed of Ascar's evil plan by their gods, could turn the hysteria against Accurarwa, the town would start preparing for war and sending scouts to find Accurarwan camps. Hence the new main quest: scouting. Or going to smaller camps to capture their leaders. Or helping capture their camps to secure strategical positions. This is war, there's a lot of stuff to do.
Waitwaitwait, what? Since when did you get access to my computer and thus the quests? You're almost dead on with one of the next missions. Only replace scouting with raiding/attacking.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: June 04, 2011, 02:27:38 pm »

Now I'm hoping someone starts one just so I can see what a female Taric acts like. :3 Unless I read that right the first time I looked at it, in which case, that's already happened twice now. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: June 04, 2011, 02:34:46 pm »

Now I'm hoping someone starts one just so I can see what a female Taric acts like. :3 Unless I read that right the first time I looked at it, in which case, that's already happened twice now. :P
Second readthrough.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: June 06, 2011, 01:15:38 am »

Dream a dreamy dream of dreams long since dreamed.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: June 08, 2011, 08:56:02 am »

Bump.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: June 08, 2011, 11:56:02 am »

Bump.
This reminds me.
I need to update falling fire. That is, I need to find my USB drive where I saved the turn  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: June 08, 2011, 02:51:47 pm »

I was planning on updating last night, but I had to go to sleep.

Anyway, all actions are finished, all that needs updating are statuses. Will post turn after I've read what kind of shenanigans happened while I was asleep.

Edit: Wow, that did not take long. Finishing turn.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:54:09 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 32: Yawn.
« Reply #1589 on: June 08, 2011, 03:24:38 pm »

This turn is partially a gift for Draignean when he gets back from his work. Good luck man!

Ashton sighed and walked away. Dragons were, like most creatures, dumb animals of instinct anyway. It wasn't like he could reason with it. While he was leaving he encountered the non-drunken one of the two he had met earlier, and behind him, someone that was either lunatic or a necromancer, considering that the man was wearing body parts. It was likely he was both. Whatever. It's none of my concern. I did what I came to do. He walked past both of them, shouldering his spear as he headed for town. Now that he had reclaimed the family honor, he had to find something else to do with himself, and doing a bit of mercenary work sounded like a good idea. Surely there would be a message board, a town crier up on local events, a militia captain in search of some hired help, or a traveling merchant.
[Navigation: 4]: Not being a bumbling idiot, you remember your way back to town.

You then search for some quests., With no specific locations on where to search, you put your chances in a dice roll. [Search: 1]: Or maybe you are a bumbling idiot. You not only fail to find some quests, but you're now horribly lost. In a freaking town for crying out loud!

Derp.

-1 Chaos.
Location Change: Somewhere in Toi.

More drinking!
[Drinking: 6, oh my, that's a lot of drinking][Sex Avoidance: 3, whew]

Do I really need to explain? You drink yourself to sleep, crashing into the floor, making it dirty again.

Mien gott, you're going to be feeling that for a very, very long time. That can't be healthy.

+Status: Unconscious.
+Status: Ridiculously drunk: 5/5 drunkenness, -4 to talking to non-drunks, -4 to mentally intensive actions, autofail at running away, 1/2 chance to fall unconscious per turn, -10 to-hit, dream Lucidity rolls auto-fail. Determination rolls auto-succeed, attacks do +5 damage, enemies have -5 to choose targeting you. Loose 1 HP per turn. Any further drunkness results in a 5 HP loss and immediate unconsciousness. 5 turns to loose a point in this. Can attempt to throw up to speed up drunkenness loss.
-1 HP.
-5 HP.

Find somebody who can remove those crappy legs. Maybe the priest. Tell him that they're a bunch of lunatics, every one of them.
You talk to the priest, hoping to have him help you get rid of these legs. You also tell him everyone else on your team is a lunatic. Unfortunately, the guy you're talking to is also a lunatic and you don't know.

-1 Chaos.

if it's <Irony>, do what he asks (at the time of this post, a stone golem). If not, stay back and get ready to possibly ambush.
[5+1-1]: You shape the earth and make a nice looking... thing. It's not moving, though.

+3 Earth Magic skill.
-1 Chaos.

Inquire within as to the nature of work available.
The man looks up at you from his paperwork, sliding it to the side and grabbing two messages out of his desk's drawer.

"Well, we've got two things: One is a raid on a Accurarwa camp, from Andier, the Mayor. Nasty, likely will be fatal, 100 gold each person. You'll have the support of the guards with you. I'd recommend you bring friends.

The other is from an old Farmer; Landos. No reward, no description besides that he wants some other people, named Darin, Nowan, Kirion, and Joseph to come to his house."

He puts the messages on the table then sticks his hand into the desk again. After a few seconds of shuffling about, he pulls his hand back out.

"Nothing else, just those two."

He starts writing again on his paperwork, occasionally peeking back up at you while you contemplate.

-1 Chaos.

If Nowan successfully creates a quality stone golem, attempt to animate it by imbuing it with the dragon's soul.

If Nowan does not successfully create a stone golem, attempt to create one of my own (using Earth magic).

You attempt to put the soul in the Golem that Nowan created. Nothing happens...

...D'oh! You forgot, you need a soulstone.

Only problem is that all of the ones you've got are overactive. Touching them with your bare hands would split your soul. Again.

-1 Chaos.

Unpolymorph Joseph's frog legs.
Ask Joseph what he is doing out in the westlands and why he is traveling with a pack of lunatics... and if he needs a priest...
You attempt to remove the man's legs. [5-3]: Your attempt fails.

Also, the man does not respond.

Aw man, why is everyone ignoring you? Is it the eyes? The stare? The voice? The words?

Or all four?

...likely the clothes. Definitely the clothes.

+3 Polymorph magic.
New spell: High Major Polymorph.

Dream a dreamy dream of dreams long since dreamed.
I... what. Wait, what? What are... I don't...

...whatever. Here's your free skill roll: [2]

You don't learn anything.

Now stop talking in riddles!

-1 Chaos.
+3 HP.

2 turns remaining until Doom Button is pushed.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asilidae (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Allies or Friendlies:

Deep Whispers:

Enemies:

Random Accurarwa Camp:
Spoiler: Accurarwa Recruit 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa Recruit 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa Recruit 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa Sergeant (click to show/hide)

So... turn.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 139