Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153549 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 30c: Non-canon turn in which Shenanigans happen.
« Reply #1545 on: June 03, 2011, 07:39:55 am »

It's no longer celibate if I join it ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: June 03, 2011, 01:03:17 pm »

I'm not THAT good. Not to mention Tarran would not accept that (And then I jinxed myself)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: June 03, 2011, 02:33:04 pm »

Hahah, no way. Absolutely no way without magical armor that improves your speed.

Anyway, due to all the protests, bartering's penalties from everyone else's charisma has been changed; if everyone looks FAAAAABULOUS you get discounts/more money from selling. If everyone looks like AAAAAAAHHHHH you still get penalties. However, the amount penalized or bonus'ed (I'm sure there's a better word for that but I don't know it) has been reduced by quite a large margin.

And I'm still leaning on the tip of removing the 1/2 bonus penalty. I mean, without it skills that use two attributes are actually much more flexible than those with only one making them superior, with the 1/2 penalty the dual-attribute skills are inferior to the single attribute skills.

Maybe a 3/4 or 2/3 penalty instead? Either way, it must have a penalty. It must.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: June 03, 2011, 02:40:54 pm »

Hm. Well, potentially you could put a cap on how much farther one attribute can contribute than the other, so 20 Str/30 Agi works fine but 10 Str/90 Agi doesn't give you the full Agi bonus. That wouldn't remove the flexibility, but it would hamper it. I'd go with a ratio/percentage (up to 50% more) rather than a static amount (up to +2 more bonus).

Of course, this would have the unpleasant side effect of making certain attributes lose their benefits when not used in tandem- if a misc skill uses Int/Cha, for instance, gaining more Int no longer increases that misc skill unless you've also got good Cha.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: June 03, 2011, 02:43:39 pm »

That's a good balance though. I'm with IronyOwl on this one. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: June 03, 2011, 11:14:46 pm »

Alright, I'll go with that. I'm not using a percentage, though, because eventually the restriction would become less and less prominent. I'm going with a max of +2 more (20 points worth).

And I've updated the first post, will now get working on the turn.

AKA I am now totally vulnerable to other people updating their RTDs, Barbarians/goddamn Spanish/Carthaginians loling over my territory, or Ninjas.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: June 03, 2011, 11:43:28 pm »

Actually, we've got a problem I just noticed:

IRONY HASN'T POSTED AN ACTION. Draignean hasn't posted on either, but he's sleeping and it doesn't matter anyway, but he's missing out on dreams (and a small chance at free skillpoints).

Regardless, still going through the turn. Hopefully Irony will have posted his action by the time I'm mostly done.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: June 03, 2011, 11:57:10 pm »

!

I thought I posted to sell the stuff... and maybe nothing else. Hrm.

Anyway, sell shortsword and spear, then try to find Nowan. If there's room for casting a spell in there, place a mobile +0 difficulty chaos shield on myself.

EDIT: Nope, no action. Doh.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:03:14 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 31: [Understand: 1]. Also, you guys are boring.
« Reply #1554 on: June 04, 2011, 02:22:48 am »

BACK TO THE BAR!
You go back to the bar (though you never really left, just went into one of the backrooms). A few men are picking themselves off the floor, and a few very dirty tables are being cleaned, but for the part the bar seems to have recovered from the one-turn night. [Bar status: 4, 5, 4, Yes] The bartenders greet you as you come in. Unlike the other half of town who've just gotten wasted, they seem full of energy, and willing to serve you again. Plenty of drinks are left. One of the bartenders glares at you.

The question is, are you really just going to sit around here and drink, possibly until a someone comes and kicks your ass?

Ashton put the gauntlets on the corpse, then stabbed it again to try and indicate 'this is the guy who killed the other dragon, I killed him so we should be friends.' After doing that, he walked away from the dragon as non-threateningly as he could to try and calm it down... but he kept his eyes on it just in case.
[Understand: 1] He hisses angrily as you put the gauntlets down and talk. You back away... [Hostility: 3] He hisses angrily even after you leave the cave.

You have a feeling someone in the universe, even more powerful than a god, is disappointed in more ways than one.

You see one of the men who left before you here. You wonder why he's back. He's just... standing there. Then someone else comes from behind. With armor... made out of body parts....

Location change: Deep Whispers Entrance.

Action: Look for people and ask if they need help moving a couch or killing a beholder or something.
[5]: You find the quest-giver in the Town Hall. He seems like he has some quests open.

-1 Chaos.
Location Change: Town Hall.

Keep drinking.
You drink again.

You are feeling a little full of water. You're not sure you can take a whole lot more. You loose 3 chaos.

[Intelligence: 6]: You have a nagging feeling that loosing too much chaos may be a bad idea. Maybe it's because the next one will give you back your legs, while you still have those spider legs?

-3 Chaos.
-1 Chaos.

+Status: Moderately Watered: Can drink 1 more time without penalty. 2 turns to loose one point in this.

Casually question Darvi about the band of freaks while pouring more water on him.
You question Darvi. Wait, who's Darvi?

Oh, you mean Joseph. Joseph seems to ignore you. How rude.

Also, you keep pouring water on him. For no reason. People start to look at you strangely.

Stay in place, wait for someone to pick me up, survive.
You stand in place.

The man who killed your friend comes out.

Also, you hear footsteps on some stone behind you.

...And you loose your Casting Critical Fail Save since you loose enough chaos to loose it. Darn, you didn't even get a chance to use that.

-1 Chaos.
Mutation Lost: Casting Critical Fail Save.

sell shortsword and spear, then try to find Nowan. If there's room for casting a spell in there, place a mobile +0 difficulty chaos shield on myself.
You sell the spear and sword, netting you 8 gold and the ability to walk again. You then search for Nowan. Problem: YOU HAVE NO FREAKING IDEA WHERE HE IS. [Luck: 3] You guess you should try around Deep Whispers. [Navigation: 5] You walk right to the entrance and find Nowan and some other guy waiting.

-1 Chaos.
+8 gold.
-1 Good Iron Spear. -1 Copper Shortsword.
Location Change: Deep Whispers Entrance.

Quote from: Draignean
Sleep.
You sleep like a baby. A drunk baby.

You heal 3 HP.

+3 HP.
-1 Chaos.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asilidae (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Allies or Friendlies:

Deep Whispers:

Enemies:

Random Accurarwa Camp:
Spoiler: Accurarwa Recruit 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa Recruit 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa Recruit 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa Sergeant (click to show/hide)

Exciting shenanigans [/sarcasm]. Only problems is that almost nothing progressed. :| Your own fault, guys, don't blame it on me.

Oh well, I'll give you guys 3 more turns to clean your shitz up. Or die. Either one. :3

Anyway, now that we're (mostly) done screwing around with the rules, back to your regularly scheduled chaos.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:24:45 am by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: June 04, 2011, 02:32:09 am »

Ashton sighed and walked away. Dragons were, like most creatures, dumb animals of instinct anyway. It wasn't like he could reason with it. While he was leaving he encountered the non-drunken one of the two he had met earlier, and behind him, someone that was either lunatic or a necromancer, considering that the man was wearing body parts. It was likely he was both. Whatever. It's none of my concern. I did what I came to do. He walked past both of them, shouldering his spear as he headed for town. Now that he had reclaimed the family honor, he had to find something else to do with himself, and doing a bit of mercenary work sounded like a good idea. Surely there would be a message board, a town crier up on local events, a militia captain in search of some hired help, or a traveling merchant.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 02:34:29 am by SeriousConcentrate »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: June 04, 2011, 02:47:07 am »

So Tolyk. Stone golem time?

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: June 04, 2011, 03:24:38 am »

Exciting shenanigans [/sarcasm]. Only problems is that almost nothing progressed. :| Your own fault, guys, don't blame it on me.

Oh well, I'll give you guys 3 more turns to clean your shitz up. Or die. Either one. :3

Anyway, now that we're (mostly) done screwing around with the rules, back to your regularly scheduled chaos.
Then how about this: if you let me in now, I'll raise some dagger-buying, Draignean-rescuing havoc, and do that in 3 turns or less. Sounds good, no?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: June 04, 2011, 03:37:34 am »

Then how about this: if you let me in now, I'll raise some dagger-buying, Draignean-rescuing havoc, and do that in 3 turns or less. Sounds good, no?
No, sorry. I just don't want to deal with another player. 8 is already pretty tedious. And I'm still making mistakes.

However, if anyone takes longer than 3 turns, you can choose what is going to be threatening death for them. Would you like that?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: June 04, 2011, 04:27:31 am »

More drinking!
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 139