Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 1133

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1406598 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16800 on: December 22, 2020, 01:42:28 pm »

Metro 2033: redux is free on Epic today
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16801 on: December 22, 2020, 01:52:06 pm »

https://www.gog.com/connect

Not everything, but if you don't want to use steam anymore GoG will let you copy over some of your library.
Interesting! It would appear that, even after changing my Steam library to public and all that, I have zero eligible games for transfer. This is actually rather impressive, considering I own a fair few games on there! :o   
Not nearly as many as some of y'all, I'm sure, but hey.   
Thanks for sharing that, in any case!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16802 on: December 22, 2020, 02:00:02 pm »

https://www.gog.com/connect

Not everything, but if you don't want to use steam anymore GoG will let you copy over some of your library.
Interesting! It would appear that, even after changing my Steam library to public and all that, I have zero eligible games for transfer. This is actually rather impressive, considering I own a fair few games on there! :o   
Not nearly as many as some of y'all, I'm sure, but hey.   
Thanks for sharing that, in any case!   
Last time I used GOG's connect system it was very time limited. They do a select few titles when they first reach GOG and then connect stops working for those titles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16803 on: December 22, 2020, 02:46:17 pm »

Ohh, okay. I thought the "limited time" part meant from the moment you linked your account.   
That explains it, then, I don't think I've bought any recent releases on Steam for quite some time.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16804 on: December 22, 2020, 03:28:22 pm »

Speakign of Steam, their Winter Sale went live today.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #16805 on: December 22, 2020, 03:36:54 pm »

Speakign of Steam, their Winter Sale went live today.
Indeed. Half my wishlist is 50-80% off. Same for a bunch of my friends who are currently getting xmas presents from their own wishlists.

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16806 on: December 22, 2020, 05:56:20 pm »

brigador is free on gog

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16807 on: December 22, 2020, 06:36:12 pm »

I bought Brigador not too long ago  :-\

Not to matter. I've realized that games that get discounted frequently are nearly free on key retailers, and a large majority nearly halr off. Nearly bought MOWAS 2 for 40$ before realizing it was $2 on every key store.

So yeah, protip: check allkeyshop before buying on steam.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16808 on: December 22, 2020, 06:41:33 pm »

Key shops usually are that cheap because the keys are bought with cloned cards. At that point, it's best to pirate: when a game is pirated a game dev neither gains nor loses money. When chargebacks from these shady key sellers happen, devs lose money.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16809 on: December 23, 2020, 06:01:02 am »

Also I've seen some people who've bought keys from key sellers get their keys revoked because Steam or whatever is able to figure out that the particular key was purchased illegally.
Nothing important here, move along.

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16810 on: January 16, 2021, 04:59:41 pm »

Bomber Crew is free on the humble store. For those who never heard of it, it plays much like FTL, in that the core gameplay loop consists of you frantically shuffling your ship bomber's crew around trying to keep everything up and running while all kinds of hell rains upon you.

The controls are a bit clunky and it's nowhere near as good as FTL, but it's still great if you enjoy indiscriminately dropping bombs on stuff from great heights and, hey, it's free for now.

Edit: derp me forgot we have a pinned thread for free games, and it's already been posted there, please forgive me for my sins
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 05:03:00 pm by Uristides »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16811 on: February 03, 2021, 03:51:27 pm »

The Banner Saga trilogy is on Steam for 85% off. I bought it last sale and highly recommend it.

It's Xcom like tile combat mixed with Oregon Trail type travel and story decisions.

I recommend not reading a walkthrough the first time because it would spoiler the decisions, which are unusually weighty sometimes and without the somewhat obvious warnings most games throw at you.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16812 on: February 06, 2021, 05:44:41 pm »

Steam currently has a 2K Publisher sale going on, looks like it goes until February 18th.

Bioshock, Borderlands, Civilization, Mafia, XCom franchises & some other games.

Tempted to pick up XCom 2 for $4.80, as I enjoyed the first one enough.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #16813 on: February 07, 2021, 09:39:44 pm »

I'd recommend it. XCOM 2 is a superior game in a lot of technical ways. Especially the steam workshop support for mods, which lets you really improve all aspects of the game.

I really enjoy both games, but mostly end up playing a heavily modded 2.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #16814 on: February 23, 2021, 09:31:51 pm »

I saw on Steam the makers of Arma 3 just released a charity DLC
https://steamcommunity.com/ogg/107410/announcements/detail/3022449021140763025
From that link:
100% of Bohemia Interactive's proceeds after tax from this charity pack will be donated to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). After the initial fundraising period, the DLC will eventually become free to all owners of Arma 3 towards the end of 2021.

Visit the Steam store page to pick up the Arma 3 Art of War Charity Pack now for just $1.99 USD / €1.99 EUR / £1.99 GBP. People who wish to donate more to the cause can get the DLC at two higher optional price tiers (all three purchase options include the same content).

On behalf of everyone ourselves and the ICRC, we thank you for your contribution. Stay safe, take care, and game on!

- Team Bohemia

Arma 3 itself is 75% off and $7.50 and all the other DLCs are also on sale. I've only done the campaigns but I enjoyed them; Steam forums indicate the MP is alive and well.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 1119 1120 [1121] 1122 1123 ... 1133