Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458347 times)

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16785 on: November 30, 2020, 05:26:56 pm »

For 5$ yeah it's worth it. Do note it's been more or less abandoned by the devs and it can be bit junky at times. I would't call any of the dlcs a must have but they are nice additions, get the ones for the heroes/warbands that you like.

ps The game can get stupidly brutal if you build your warband wrong. You can use this to plan ahead if you want to.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 05:29:41 pm by Ulfarr »
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16786 on: November 30, 2020, 05:31:41 pm »

Mordheim: CotD is on sale for $5 for the base game, plus all DLC is at least 33% off. Is it worth it at this price, and if so, is any of the DLC must-have?

For me, that's totally worth it to me. As mentioned, the DLC is only if you really want to play that warband, otherwise you don't need them.

And yeah. Mordheim is a quirky beast, be warned. I enjoyed it! But it has many flaws and oddities.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16787 on: November 30, 2020, 07:52:48 pm »

I rather enjoyed the first 2/3rds of the experience, but it kind of gets bogged down in a problem that a lot of persistent-squad games have: A well-equipped, highly trained unit is precious and giving up a bit of ground isn't worth risking it in a disadvantageous battle. Except the AI doesn't have to play the long game, so it'll cheerfully enter pitched battles at full force to the death when any rational person would back off because you'll have to deal with the cornerstone of your team being blind and armless for the rest of their lives (which is going to be very short, since you're going to kick them out once they're useless. Or use them as bait.)

The other thing is that the AI knows exactly what the distance is, when you kind of have to eyeball it. You can see their shadow around the corner-- just setup overwatch and wait for them to walk into your cone of aggro, right? Oh look, they took a giant detour right past my overwatch distance. Or they'll stand right outside your firing range and set up overwatch, so as soon as you twitch, they get a free hit on you and interrupt your movement.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16788 on: December 01, 2020, 04:32:45 pm »

It looks like the Yogscast Jingle Jam is up, over at Tiltify now rather then Humble Bundle. As usual, a very large package including some very good games for a reasonable donation.

https://www.jinglejam.co.uk/
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16789 on: December 10, 2020, 02:14:30 pm »

if you do not have an aversion to epic games, the epic games store has both Tyranny gold and Pillars of eternity definitive edition for free, which is a decent pair of rpgs. i like pillars of eternity more but both are most definitely worth getting.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16790 on: December 14, 2020, 03:46:06 pm »

Looks like Itch.io has another bundle up.

The only thing there I've tried is Enigma Machine, which was pretty good. Looks like a lot of TTRPG stuff. Anyone have reviews on anything there?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16791 on: December 16, 2020, 10:21:41 am »

<snip>

I did a bad and perpetuated a fake ad. Whoops. In any case, the Epic store will in fact be doing 15 days of free games starting Dec 17. Just, not the games that I said they would be giving away.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 10:40:00 am by Mephisto »

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16792 on: December 17, 2020, 08:10:04 am »

That list wouldn't perhaps include some games like MGS V or Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Borderlands 3 even, would it?

It does seem a bit of a stretch to have so many super big titles, especially some so soon after release.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16793 on: December 17, 2020, 08:44:26 am »

That list wouldn't perhaps include some games like MGS V or Horizon Zero Dawn, Fallout 4, Borderlands 3 even, would it?

It does seem a bit of a stretch to have so many super big titles, especially some so soon after release.

That was the thing I shared, yes. We'll find out what the real first game is in about two and a quarter hours.

Two and a quarter hours later:
Cities: Skylines.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 11:03:40 am by Mephisto »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16794 on: December 17, 2020, 11:04:15 am »

And turns out it was a fake list after all.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16795 on: December 20, 2020, 11:34:39 am »

My final comment on the Epic thing - this list has been reliable thus far so it may be an accurate leak. A few goodies.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16796 on: December 20, 2020, 03:08:17 pm »

My final comment on the Epic thing - this list has been reliable thus far so it may be an accurate leak. A few goodies.

That twit thread is full of some really ungrateful people.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16797 on: December 21, 2020, 09:32:09 am »

Looking forward for My Time In Portia, loved the full demo.
Stranded Deep is also a pretty interesting small survival sandboxy kinda game.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16798 on: December 22, 2020, 01:34:52 pm »

Huh, Wasteland 2 is ten bucks on GoG. I get that it has a new sequel now that people are probably losing their minds over, but still, it feels like it's a fairly recent game to me.   

...Yeah, that's right, GOG, you heard me. I've finally bailed on Steam's overwhelming and inescapable shittiness. RIP all those games, especially the ones I only just bought a few weeks ago.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16799 on: December 22, 2020, 01:36:52 pm »

https://www.gog.com/connect

Not everything, but if you don't want to use steam anymore GoG will let you copy over some of your library.
Pages: 1 ... 1118 1119 [1120] 1121 1122 ... 1134