Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133] 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458456 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16980 on: March 30, 2024, 03:36:15 am »

You can buy the android port for War of the Chosen for a similar amount of cash..
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #16981 on: March 30, 2024, 03:41:11 am »

You can buy the android port for War of the Chosen for a similar amount of cash..

Yeah, I bought it. Doesn't work on my phone, haven't tried it on my tablet yet. Found out too late to refund it. Shat me to tears.

So, at worst, I've got the PC version legit for a tenner, at best, I'll emulate it through Winlator or Termux/Wine at possibly a similar frame rate.

Some of these are just to feel good about myself. Exalt U7, HoMM3 android, etc. Finally no-ho-ho'd, as I'm sure is the idea behind these things. After all these years, their system worked. At 75-90% discount, with massive depreciations on price beforehand.... Lol

(I actually did own plenty of these, but after 20-30-odd years, do you think I can find the disks? And I'm getting lazy enough to not bother searching sites or torrents. I paid for convenience. Between GoG's free games: CKII (a while ago), Tyrian, Daggerfall Unity, two divergent Ultimas,  Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe, Hammerting (for a few more days); and stuff like FreeCiv/ unCiv, roguelikes (DoomRL, Cataclysm: DDA and ToME4, and even Dwarf Fortress are all very different games, and all work on my phone or PC), and 7day+ Dev comps, etc available elsewhere, you can get a strangely broad range of genres going for $50 or so these days. A touch of emulation of console stuff, and you're done. Probably needs a few actual flight Sims, and a city builder or two, but hey, what can you do? Arrrgh me hearties, you tried ya best. SimCity 4 is 75% off, but it's not Skylines now, is it?)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 07:03:21 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16982 on: June 27, 2024, 01:24:31 pm »

Steam summer sale is here! How's your wishlist looking?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #16983 on: June 27, 2024, 03:00:03 pm »

100 items :\

There's no way I'm buying anything I don't plan on playing at least this year.

This article made me think even harder about what I should spend money on, and when: https://www.pcgamesn.com/steam/pile-of-shame
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16984 on: June 27, 2024, 03:33:02 pm »

Oh a casual 200+ games :V

Most of them have been on sale so far, multiple times even. But like nenjin I'm holding off on building an even bigger backlog I can't find time for. Doesn't help that I tend to go back to various games from time to time instead of playing something I've just bought. Besides, the few games that I do buy I generally like enough to not mind buying full price, especially since most of them are indies that go for around 20 eurobucks anyways.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

None

• Bay Watcher
  • Forgotten, but not gone
    • View Profile
« Reply #16985 on: June 27, 2024, 03:55:53 pm »

Caveat to that article is that the listed $19 billion is retail price, not sale price or bundle price, and it's from a sample of 10% of users, the ones with public profiles. That's.... A lot of data extrapolation.

I'm side-eyeing Palworld and Valheim and wondering which indie greats from four or five years ago would be worth grabbing but just don't show on the sales pages any more.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16986 on: June 27, 2024, 04:37:24 pm »

Most of them have been on sale so far, multiple times even. But like nenjin I'm holding off on building an even bigger backlog I can't find time for. Doesn't help that I tend to go back to various games from time to time instead of playing something I've just bought. Besides, the few games that I do buy I generally like enough to not mind buying full price, especially since most of them are indies that go for around 20 eurobucks anyways.

Yeah for real. I'll buy a game I've been eyeballing for a while and suddenly I'll be like "I should play a PSX era game!"
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #16987 on: June 27, 2024, 08:56:10 pm »

I'm at 462

The problem with Steam is that the only way to effectively bookmark a game is to wishlist it, but then there's no way to manually categorize your wishlists, even though you can do that with your library. So I have maybe some games in there that I genuinely would want to buy, some I'd get if the price was right, and some I just added because I thought it looked interesting and wanted to check out later. But for some reason, the only option they give you is to manually rank each each game, with new games automatically getting added to the bottom of the list, and then it's a sort filter that's separate from price or discount.

It's such an obviously bad system with an obvious fix that's in basically every other site's storefront in existence, and I don't know why they haven't implemented it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16988 on: June 27, 2024, 10:12:03 pm »

Decided to just pass on buying anything. I've got the rest of SotE to play, I haven't even started BG3, couple games updated that I need to play....is this what being a middle-aged gamer is? Chronicling a list of games you don't have time for like they're injuries or chronic health problems? :P

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16989 on: June 27, 2024, 10:15:20 pm »

That’s my experience since becoming a parent. I barely get 40 minutes to play games on the PC so it’s mostly console stuff now, which is fine.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16990 on: June 27, 2024, 11:47:09 pm »

500+ here , I put the games into a pipeline of Steam categories (Current, Planned, Finished, MP, apart from game types). Don't get the time I want to play either, but if I can complete some DLC collection for a game I plan on playing soon-ish this is a good time. Generally I look for more than 50% off and less than EUR 20 for a game.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16991 on: June 28, 2024, 07:57:11 am »

I ordered the steamdeck on 2021 and got ir in 2022. Before getting it I was skeptical. I recall reading a vague article about 'playing anywhere'. I didnt get the meaning back then... but its true. Not only for travelling (which I find more convenient than a laptop for the most part). The whole thing is just so easy to pick and drop that it makes it simpler to play on it than to boot the computer.

It also helps that if I want some quiet time at home I can leave the cats out and lock myself in the room
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16992 on: June 28, 2024, 08:49:56 am »

Oh yeah I recently got the new OLED version myself. Never been much of a handheld gamer (and this one is giving me some trouble with wrist strain in certain poses) but it's been a refreshing experience so far. Whenever I wanna kick back or not heat up my room to sauna levels with the PC it's always there as a quick fix trough a surprisingly large number of games that run well on it. Still haven't taken it anywhere proper and I doubt I will anytime soon, mostly because when I travel I travel to do travel things, not bring my gaming with me, if that makes sense.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #16993 on: June 28, 2024, 10:10:24 am »

Yes, same with me largely. I do use it on long train trips or in the hotel if Im beat.

For me the game selection is excellent because the kind of games that I play tend to be non graphic intensive so for the most part they run well.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #16994 on: June 28, 2024, 10:14:47 am »

Is that you, Gabe?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 1131 1132 [1133] 1134