Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1458288 times)

Urist McSpike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #16770 on: October 24, 2020, 07:31:47 pm »

I tried it on the hardcore difficulty first, but I got the impression that the lower amounts of health applied only to the player, while enemies were extra bullet sponge-y. Bit disappointing. I could have been mistaken, though.   
Either way, I haven't played it in ages. I'm so damn lazy when it comes to games these days. It's like, 'oh, this game has plot and dialogue and requires focus in order not to miss things? Maybe I'll play that tomorrow' and then I fire up Rocket League or some mindless shooter instead. Also I was paranoid about missing interesting bits of dialogue depending on what companions I had, haha.   

I'm almost the opposite, in a way.  Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim... I dig out every side quest & location, and eventually quit playing before finishing the main quest.  I know I've finished Morrowind, but I don't think I've ever finished Oblivion.  Part of that was the game style changes, with the level matched enemies, but still...  My first playthrough of Skyrim, I eventually forced myself to ignore everything else & just power through the main quest.

But then in a way I'm like you - stare at my library, not really wanting to start an in-depth game an end up just playing something quick.  Although I did start a new game of Stardew Valley, which is pretty relaxing.
I mean, look at us.  You give us a young child and a puppy, and we produce, possibly, one of the biggest sins against nature the game has ever seen.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16771 on: October 24, 2020, 09:52:54 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:10:23 pm by dragdeler »
let

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16772 on: November 02, 2020, 01:29:54 am »

Holy carbs, there are a lot of things heavily discounted on my Steam wishlist, presumably due to their Halloween sale.   
Lots of 90% discounts, and I scrolled for a fair while without reaching the end of 75% territory. Wow.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #16773 on: November 13, 2020, 11:49:14 am »

Free game! Get your free game here!

GoG is doing another giveaway, this time it's Teleglitch: Die More Edition. 45 hours left.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16774 on: November 14, 2020, 03:38:56 pm »

One Finger Death Punch 2 is $1.99!

That's 75% off - like the previous game, this one is about a very tight gameplay loop.  You press either left or right, at the correct times, to have a stickman execute over-the-top kung-fu.  It's a lot like a rhythm game, such as Necrodancer, but with more focus on twitch reflexes.  It's designed to be played in short bursts as a fun aside, but I still played an hour and a half in my first go so as to clear the first zone. 

As a fan of the previous game, I am very happy to have gotten this... iteration for $2.  Despite its simple controls, there are a lot of weapons and complications.  My favorite is the ball of death, but I think they improved the brawlers (minibosses who pause the fight for a duel).

Also the graphics are somehow improved but I think I need to capture some video to fully appreciate that.  Mostly there is more variety, as one would expect.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16775 on: November 16, 2020, 08:23:44 am »

It looks like Jackbox is on sale right now (US only) for half price.

https://shop.jackboxgames.com/products/the-jackbox-party-pack-pc-mac-linux-code

Anyone know if there's a way to play on PC (no tablet/phone)?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16776 on: November 16, 2020, 10:13:25 am »

You can play or be the audience from a browser. That's how you do it from a phone/tablet.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16777 on: November 22, 2020, 02:30:37 pm »

Elite: Dangerous is free to grab on the EGS, as is The World Next Door, tho I don't exactly remember what the second one is about even if I did see some sort of gameplay ages ago.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16778 on: November 23, 2020, 10:01:35 am »

Nightline is free for about a week.

It looks to be just some kind of virtual endless subway ride, but it might be worth checking out.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16779 on: November 23, 2020, 01:02:54 pm »

It might be nice for background, but passive walking simulator where you don't walk ...

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16780 on: November 23, 2020, 01:36:40 pm »

Trapped in a never-ending metro ride through a strange city while alone at twilight. I'm pretty sure I've had that nightmare before.

Even more interesting: While I get that some people can miss the routine of their daily commute due to COVID things and would like the idea of feeling like they're sitting on a metro for a bit, this thing first came out June 23, 2018.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #16781 on: November 23, 2020, 01:41:13 pm »

I could remove the text of the last post, if it's that bad.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16782 on: November 23, 2020, 03:07:02 pm »

Nah, just the the idea of getting lost and stuck in transit overnight isn't a very enticing though for me (and having experienced that in various forms before, it's not much fun)... something more in line with low-key horror than "magical and mesmerizing", as one put it. Certainly, it succeeds as an art piece on multiple fronts.

And the latter bit is just that I was more expecting a commute simulator to be released when people missed their commute. I mean, for a while, there was a 'thing' where metro/traffic noise audio tracks were selling because people wanted a semblance of their routine restored.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16783 on: November 23, 2020, 10:00:51 pm »

i can't stand it when it feels like the story is on rails, if you know what I meant.

... Nah, it's just a weirdly specific thing. It's pretty though.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16784 on: November 30, 2020, 04:51:46 pm »

Mordheim: CotD is on sale for $5 for the base game, plus all DLC is at least 33% off. Is it worth it at this price, and if so, is any of the DLC must-have?
Pages: 1 ... 1117 1118 [1119] 1120 1121 ... 1134