Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456837 times)

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10575 on: January 20, 2015, 04:38:08 pm »

Theme Hospital is the current Origin 'On the House' game.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10576 on: January 20, 2015, 08:27:04 pm »

Humble Card Game Bundle is up.  I'm a big sucker for card games, but I barely know any on the list.  Any gems in the bundle?

Card Hunters is pretty good, but you can get plenty of mileage out of the free version without paying anything.  The VIP membership it adds basically gives you one extra treasure drop for every adventure (about 2-5 games) you complete; a regular treasure drop is 3 or so items.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10577 on: January 20, 2015, 09:09:17 pm »

Eh, I think I'll get it just so that I can see what's the fuss about this Magic thing.

Maybe someday I'll get into the whole card game thing after all.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10578 on: January 20, 2015, 11:47:03 pm »

Humble Card Game Bundle is up.  I'm a big sucker for card games, but I barely know any on the list.  Any gems in the bundle?

Star Realms is the only halfway decent one in there.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #10579 on: January 21, 2015, 01:51:13 am »

I really enjoy the physical version of Dominion. Not sure how the digital version holds up, yet, but I'd imagine it should be pretty fun as well.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10580 on: January 21, 2015, 10:17:20 am »

I really enjoy the physical version of Dominion. Not sure how the digital version holds up, yet, but I'd imagine it should be pretty fun as well.

Dominion is okay for a bit. If you can find the apk for Androminion, get that. It was the free version that got taken down because the official version exists. There are better deck builders out there, but that's a discusion for the board game thread.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10581 on: January 21, 2015, 12:08:45 pm »

You should specify if you think the card game itself is bad or if the computer implementation is lacking somehow.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10582 on: January 21, 2015, 12:35:42 pm »

Walmart is having a goddamn sale.

Special mention is Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate is $29 total for free shipping.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10583 on: January 21, 2015, 01:44:32 pm »

You should specify if you think the card game itself is bad or if the computer implementation is lacking somehow.

The card game is fine for a shorter deck builder. There are legit strategies to be made within the randomness of deck draws. The Android version is pretty good if you just pick up the free version and play Easy AI. It teaches the game just fine.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #10584 on: January 21, 2015, 02:57:10 pm »

Honestly if you wanna play dominion with friends, get tabletop simulator. There's a mod featuring all the current cards that hasn't been taken off workshop.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #10585 on: January 21, 2015, 03:00:41 pm »

Scrolls is good in my opinion, one of those games where a lot of the game just goes over my head though. I've heard good things about Talisman as well. I grabbed the bundle anyways on lowest tier mainly for Star Realms which I find quite fun.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10586 on: January 21, 2015, 03:15:47 pm »

If Talisman is faithful to the original board game, it's well worth it. I spent so many hours playing that game. I even had all the expansions... So much fun.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10587 on: January 21, 2015, 03:38:35 pm »

Talisman runs too long for what it is.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10588 on: January 21, 2015, 03:53:37 pm »

Have been looking at that for a while.  Grew up playing 2nd ed, I think.  Little blurry.

Consensus of the reviews seem to be that it is fun, faithful, and buggy.

There is also a boat load of DLC for it.  3 expansions, 1 additional card deck, and 8 characters.  So far.  Also some sort of "season pass" that lets you buy into any additional DLC they release.  8 more expansions are planned, it sounds like.  As well as at least 5 more characters.

Tempting.  Get the buggy game for a song, and pay a premium for a bunch of DLC and hope they work on some bugfixes while they crank out content packs.  VERY TEMPTING.

For it to really be any fun though, I'd have to get a network game going between folks that are now 5000km apart.  I don't really have any desire to play this one with strangers, nor to teach it to new people.  Is that bad?

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #10589 on: January 21, 2015, 07:24:40 pm »

Collectible Card Games - The First DLC  ::)
Pages: 1 ... 704 705 [706] 707 708 ... 1134