Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 1134

Author Topic: SALES Thread  (Read 1456782 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: SALES Thread
« Reply #10560 on: January 15, 2015, 07:56:44 pm »

Kinda sorta not related to the SR weekend, but damn I hate it when Steam sticks stuff in my games list I don't actually own. Saw the Evolved Closed Alpha and was like "WTF, I didn't ask for this." Turns out all owners of Bioshock or some other 2K game get it. Makes me paranoid when my very well-known game list changes for reasons unexplained. Just irritates me because it's a shady way to get more players.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:08:25 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10561 on: January 15, 2015, 08:05:59 pm »

Kinda sorta not related to the SR weekend, but damn I hate it when Steam sticks stuff in my games list I don't actually own. Say the Evolved Closed Alpha and was like "WTF, I didn't ask for this." Turns out all owners of Bioshock or some other 2K game get it. Makes me paranoid when my very well-known game list changes for reasons unexplained.
Heh, I remember the time when ALL FREE GAMES ON STEAM appeared in my library. Fortunately it got cleared up after contacting support.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10562 on: January 15, 2015, 11:09:01 pm »

-snip-
Yeah, looking back I was a bit unreasonably harsh on SR3. It was good too and I do remember a lot of funny moments. I don't think it's as good as SR4 or 2 but it stands up on its own.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10563 on: January 16, 2015, 12:02:23 am »

To be honest, speaking as someone who isn't a die-hard GTA aficionado, I enjoyed both 3 and 4 a great deal, but I think 4 is more... polarized is a good word. The good parts of 4 are really good, but the bad parts of 4 are really distracting, enough to bring the whole thing down.

3 was fun from start to finish with the minor exceptions of the Tron bike minigames and a couple of odd mechanics. 4 was really fun until the utter lack of gangs and repetitive nature of some of the gameplay dragged it down a bit. They're both a lot of fun if you have an irreverent sense of humor and well worth the sale price in my opinion.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10564 on: January 16, 2015, 12:12:40 am »

Saint's Row IV did put me more in mind of a messing about sand-box rather than a plot game with messing about between missions. Messing about first and all that.

It certainly was entertaining, though I will mention that since I had previously played through Prototype 1 the gameplay wasn't anything majorly new to me. Running up walls, gliding, super speed and things like that are similar to both games.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10565 on: January 16, 2015, 06:26:01 am »

I've just gotten a 90% off coupon for Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter. Very positively reviewed game, but not my thing, so if you want to grab it for 1.50 monies, let me know, first come, first served.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #10566 on: January 16, 2015, 07:35:43 am »

I'd just like to add - if anyone is a fan of or just thinks he might fancy old-school FPS with great level design, silly-cool weapons and tons of enemies of the screen - GET THIS GAME.

Because AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:44:09 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10567 on: January 16, 2015, 10:33:29 am »

I've just gotten a 90% off coupon for Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter. Very positively reviewed game, but not my thing, so if you want to grab it for 1.50 monies, let me know, first come, first served.

My friends and I got distracted by Borderlands 2 and other things, but we had fun with this for a bit.  Simple, but fun.  It was like playing Doom with nice graphics and easy coop.  Sorta like playing Unreal 1 in coop mode (something we used to do a lot), but with less holding W through scenic vistas and more holding the fire button through scenic vistas.  Okay not *constant* enemies, but less time spent just traveling or searching

Though we did have to hunt around for the direction of progress sometimes, just not nearly as much as in Unreal.  And we only got a few levels in, so maybe things are different after you escape the pyramid or whatever.  There is a voice acted story...  I guess?  It takes a sideline to the music and action, in the classic FPS way.

Edit: I'm sure a lot of people make this connection but it really felt like the Duke Nukem Forever done right.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10568 on: January 16, 2015, 11:21:21 am »

Serious Sam (except 2, but we don't talk about that one) is the bomb. Unfortunately, it's all Egypt until the Second Encounter, I think.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10569 on: January 16, 2015, 12:15:58 pm »

Serious Sam TFE and TSE are both really fun games. Difficult too if you turn it up and the developers like to punish players who go for every little bit of loot as well as there being a number of easter eggs dotted about the place.

I did get minor motion sickness last time I played though. I think it was the bright colours and fast paced movement as that rarely happens to me. Still they're great fun and the music is pretty neat also.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #10570 on: January 17, 2015, 04:12:15 am »

So most of you seem to agree that Serious Sam is a good game... But does anyone want it? It's definitely not something I'll ever play.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10571 on: January 17, 2015, 06:16:54 am »

I feel like I should pick it up just for the sake of all the joy I hsd reading the Old Man Murray interview with the developer.

But the reality is that I haven't really played shooters since Doom2, so it would be wasted on me.  Surprised that you don't have any takers yet.

public service edit:  http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/73.html

First question of the interview:
Erik: In 1996, U.S. Commerce Secretary Ron Brown's plane crashed right into Croatia, killing him and thirty-four less important people. The crash was officially attributed to "mystery", but Americans knew it was a clear act of aggression by the Croats.  Ron Brown was not only Secretary of Commerce, he was America's beloved mascot of commerce. Yet our increasingly impotent government did nothing. Four years later, you've released a demo of your incredible game Serious Sam, and it's better than any game Americans have made in the last seven years. Has America lost its edge? Does Croatia plan to remove its big army boot from America's ass any time soon? Is Croatia, in fact, the new America?

Roman Ribaric responds with good humor.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 07:51:46 am by puke »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10572 on: January 17, 2015, 10:06:47 am »

It's not on sale, but I think I should let people know that Grim Fandango is back... you can pre-order Grim Fandango Remastered on GoG now, for $14.99. It will be available on Jan 27.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10573 on: January 20, 2015, 12:39:15 pm »

KOTOR II is on sale now at GOG for 20% off. New on GOG, and DRM free there.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10574 on: January 20, 2015, 12:50:04 pm »

Humble Mobile bundle has King of Dragon Pass for an average price under $4 American. GET IT. The rest is either meh or has been bundled before. LYNE is okay.
Pages: 1 ... 703 704 [705] 706 707 ... 1134