Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73

Author Topic: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A  (Read 49169 times)

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeon Keeper: The Q&A
« Reply #270 on: April 25, 2011, 04:45:42 am »

Well, I obviously need some more combat skills. Throwing would be an good choice, since I can make acid potions and similar nastiness. Though my allies might not appreciate me tossing volatile stuff around when they are engaged in a brawl, obviously, so accuracy is key.

As for perk ideas:

Alchemy-wise, a poison to coat weapons or claws with would be useful for all of our fighters.

For vampire ability ideas, there are a lot in fiction to choose from (many truly unbalanced). Derived from the DK games, for example:
-turn into bat
-hypnotise an enemy
-revive in coffin if not slain by monk
-flight
-teleport
Personally, I'm also very fond of the unnatural speed found in some other sources, such as World of Darkness' Celerity discipline.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 25, 2011, 08:48:15 am »

Oh my. This is going.. Well for me, but it seems as if you are starting to fight back.

So. No more Adwarf, lets see who else I can kill

*Coughspritecough*
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 25, 2011, 09:07:29 am »

I'm sensing some sprite hate here

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 25, 2011, 09:14:58 am »

Well, I can sense that men don't like to be restrained by vines.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Rask

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 25, 2011, 09:32:52 am »

What those vines need is thorns. Huge, sharp, poisonous thorns. With barbs.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 25, 2011, 03:03:17 pm »

I did good though didn't I ?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 25, 2011, 03:07:03 pm »

Indeed. You and the gargoyle were pretty much our only frontliners, and you managed to do quite a bit even after being essentially one-shot by a lucky arrow. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2011, 03:28:14 pm »

Yeah, I think my guys are starting to suffer a bit now.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2011, 03:29:16 pm »

Yeah, I think my guys are starting to suffer a bit now.

Hehehe I quess insane beserk minotaurs tend to do that next time don't kill one of my pets, and I won't go beserk ( If there is a next time )

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2011, 08:40:10 pm »

HOLY MOLY rahal onyl had 4 toughness!. I thought he had 8 LOL. that means he woulda been devoured by the carrion crawler, that means he shoulda been incinerated in the workshop heh. Oh well nobacktracking. i'll all turn out as it should in a sec.

Rask: I am ok with adding vampire powers from whatever genre. You mention Celerity but honestly haste is too good for just one perk. However if you combined perks it could give you somethign similar for example...
Celerity-like perks
     Move+2
     Combo - you may melee attack twice in a turn at no penalty (regularly -3 penalty)
     Slowmo - Dodge +2
These 3 combines would approximate what i think celerity is. tell me if im wrong.

As for the other ideas, i like them with a few tweaks. and for giving me input i'll stat out something similar you can take as perks while we work em out. you'll be getting first peek i guess at your own.

Wolfform - +2 move, super smell, takes 1 second to shapeshift
Levitate - Ignore terrain, pretty cool.
Gaseous form - When killed you float back to your coffin and begin to regenerate (under most conditions)
Nightwing (a man sized bat) - takes 2 seconds to shapeshift, Flying, Super hearing.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:55:32 pm by Hastur »

rty275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 28, 2011, 09:25:53 pm »

Can I get an ability so that when I attach my face tentacles to an enemy's head, I can rip out their brain?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2011, 01:02:15 am »

Can I get an ability so that when I attach my face tentacles to an enemy's head, I can rip out their brain?

you can do that normally, although it requires 2 turns. You can get a special ability that lets you grapple the head more easily though, targeting the head is -5, How does an ability to let you target it with a grapple at no penalty sound? (works with face tentacle grab only)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2011, 01:09:07 am »

Right. So I got one skill point and one perk/skill point.

What do I need to spend to take the first steps on the path of the brainwash skill?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2011, 01:12:22 am »

Right. So I got one skill point and one perk/skill point.

What do I need to spend to take the first steps on the path of the brainwash skill?

Brainwash ability would be a perk. and the skill that influences it i'll have to make up. But charisma helps of course. Let me come up with social skills and i'll tell you which one.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2011, 01:15:48 am »

What about my Pisonics skill?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 73