Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Pokemon  (Read 6837 times)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 11:31:58 pm »

Also Gen IV and V gave a much needed power boost to bug types. Bug types were awful before these gens (I'm talking in general. Heracross was like the only good one), now they're pretty cool.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2011, 11:32:11 pm »

My favorite pokemon would be Heracross :3 And my favorite region is the upcoming UNOVA REGION! The starters are just really cool and it is a brilliant work of art, It really shows what DS games are capable of.
UNOVA? the only region I know is coming up is Isshu, and I head they hadn't changed the name of that.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2011, 11:34:33 pm »

My favorite pokemon would be Heracross :3 And my favorite region is the upcoming UNOVA REGION! The starters are just really cool and it is a brilliant work of art, It really shows what DS games are capable of.
UNOVA? the only region I know is coming up is Isshu, and I head they hadn't changed the name of that.
Check Serebii.net.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2011, 11:44:54 pm »

Unova might be its Japanese name -.- I watched a White walkthrough and he said Unova so... it might be the Japanese to English translation?
Edit: I checked and it is Unova
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 11:47:15 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2011, 11:47:07 pm »

eh, I don't tend to watch walkthroughs of games soon coming out. Mostly just listen to Slowflake's talking about pokemon news during his lping.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2011, 11:48:15 pm »

eh, I don't tend to watch walkthroughs of games soon coming out. Mostly just listen to Slowflake's talking about pokemon news during his lping.
I only watched it to find out the starters and such :P
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2011, 11:49:56 pm »

In my opinion, the games could have been darker and edgier.
I am kinda tired of.. the kiddie version they are now.
Also, chosing what age you are, have been longly sought after.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2011, 11:52:52 pm »

I only watched it to find out the starters and such :P
Stuff about the starters came out long before any walkthroughs, except for the english names.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

squeakyReaper

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Cheese maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2011, 11:54:54 pm »

I watch the new show, and I have Pokemon Black & White coming my way soon!  Woo!  I'm a huge bug type fan, and seeing an electric spider, a bug with a cannon on its back (Watch out Blastoise!) and the fire moth made me jump with joy!  A few new designs are meh, but I'll just avoid them like I did the designs of Gen IV.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2011, 04:19:46 am »

Also Gen IV and V gave a much needed power boost to bug types. Bug types were awful before these gens (I'm talking in general. Heracross was like the only good one), now they're pretty cool.
Problem with that? Doesn't matter, because everything got pumped up to OVER 9000!!!!. Just LOOK at gen IV's pokes, and tell me they don't all look like they need a daily injection of steriods.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2011, 09:37:07 am »

Eh, I kinda liked Scyther in Gen II at least. All around decent stats, and learns a strong STAB move fairly early on. Gen II buffed Wing Attack a lot, which helps immensely. And come on. Sword arms.
Fitting to teach him Fury Cutter. It's beastly against the three types weak to it once it gets rolling.
Typing was okay. Just avoid rock moves. :P

Though I should note that with that, he's essentially good against large parts of all of the Elite 4 in Gen II. And somehow, doubly effective in the case of one pokemon. Probably why I liked him so much.

But besides Scyther (Scizor? Unsure. Never used him.) and Heracross, I agree.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:38:55 am by Lightning4 »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2011, 10:01:59 am »

Something I never got is why people think the quality of the new Pokemon have been going down since Gen II.6 Is it just nostalgia talking or is there something I'm not getting here?

I think it's because the original ones had more "character". It's quite hard to explain, but each of them seemed quite individual and unique in their own right. Of course, as you get more pokemon, you start to retread some concepts. For example, almost everyone has seen the blatant Tauros - Buffalon similarity. To avoid doing this, the Pokemon team have started to find some new things to base creatures on. The problem I have with some of these is they literally just seem like the animal with a cheesy name.

...Genesect, though - Good idea! :)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2011, 10:33:09 am »

My first encounter was through a neighbour with a copy of blue but I was more interested in platform games at the time. Later my Granddad came back from a trip to the USA with two GameBoy Colours, or colors I suppose, a copy of gold for me, and silver for my brother. I got really into it and caught them all. I played a little of a DS one a friend had but never played another pokemon game after that.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2011, 10:53:43 am »

Something I never got is why people think the quality of the new Pokemon have been going down since Gen II.6 Is it just nostalgia talking or is there something I'm not getting here?

I think it's because the original ones had more "character". It's quite hard to explain, but each of them seemed quite individual and unique in their own right. Of course, as you get more pokemon, you start to retread some concepts. For example, almost everyone has seen the blatant Tauros - Buffalon similarity. To avoid doing this, the Pokemon team have started to find some new things to base creatures on. The problem I have with some of these is they literally just seem like the animal with a cheesy name.

Ultimately the problem with new pokémon is you have to tread a careful line. Too original and people complain they're nothing like the old ones. Too similar and people complain they're just rehashes of the old ones.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2011, 11:17:52 am »

Ultimately the problem with new pokémon is you have to tread a careful line. Too original and people complain they're nothing like the old ones. Too similar and people complain they're just rehashes of the old ones.

Ultimately the problem with new pokemon is that the series has been going so long that people are going to complain no matter what you do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8