Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Pokemon  (Read 6814 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 01:21:53 am »

Pokemon came out when I was in my mid-twenties I think. Never played it, and the cartoon looks sooo horrible. I just dont get it, do you have to have enjoyed it as a yungin to enjoy the whole thing?
Not at all.
The anime is of course retarded, but the game itself is actually high quality rpg material.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 01:22:57 am »

Sudowoodo. Because it's not even a god damn grass type! The tree is fake!

Most used would be my Blastoise from Blue. I played that game single mindedly, crushing the Elite Four over and over to try and get him up levels. He was 90-something when I got distracted by some other game.

He was really handy when I got Silver, too.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 01:28:22 am »

Sudowoodo. Because it's not even a god damn grass type! The tree is fake!

Most used would be my Blastoise from Blue. I played that game single mindedly, crushing the Elite Four over and over to try and get him up levels. He was 90-something when I got distracted by some other game.

He was really handy when I got Silver, too.
God, I remember beating the Elite Four 90 times in one of the GBC games because I was told that if you beat it 100 times you get to become a gym leader. Anyone else?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 01:31:22 am »

Pokemon came out when I was in my mid-twenties I think. Never played it, and the cartoon looks sooo horrible. I just dont get it, do you have to have enjoyed it as a yungin to enjoy the whole thing?
Not at all.
The anime is of course retarded, but the game itself is actually high quality rpg material.
Yeah, the anime started going from 'ok' to crap sometime between Gold/Silver/Crystal and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

God, I remember beating the Elite Four 90 times in one of the GBC games because I was told that if you beat it 100 times you get to become a gym leader. Anyone else?
That reminds me of this. So many crazy things could happen, now, not really anything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 02:00:26 am »

That reminds me of this. So many crazy things could happen, now, not really anything.

I dunno about game rumors but there was this rumor that ran around my elementary school for a while that if you liked pokemon to much they would come alive in your dreams and kill you (Killing you in real life in the process).

Thats if my memory is right, my memories are so spotty of those years I don't even think I was sentient half the time.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 03:03:32 pm »

A New Question: What is your favorite Region/Pokemon from any game, Mine would be HERACROSS!
My favorite region by far is Hoenn. I'm actually looking forward to a remake of Ruby/Sapphire, if they do make one. My favorite Pokemon is a toss-up between Tropius, Relicanth, and Metagross. Tropius because I love dinosaurs, Metagross because it was the first Pokemon I trained to level 100. (I traded a beldum from Ruby to Diamond and played through the whole game with it.), and Relicanth because it's hilarious to use in battle. When I play online, I occasionally use my 'NU' (never used) tier team in the 'Ubers' (no Pokemon barred) tournaments, and I cannot tell you how satisfying it is to crush an entire team of legendary Pokemon using a single Relicanth.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 04:49:23 pm »

A New Question: What is your favorite Region/Pokemon from any game, Mine would be HERACROSS!
My favorite region by far is Hoenn. I'm actually looking forward to a remake of Ruby/Sapphire, if they do make one. My favorite Pokemon is a toss-up between Tropius, Relicanth, and Metagross. Tropius because I love dinosaurs, Metagross because it was the first Pokemon I trained to level 100. (I traded a beldum from Ruby to Diamond and played through the whole game with it.), and Relicanth because it's hilarious to use in battle. When I play online, I occasionally use my 'NU' (never used) tier team in the 'Ubers' (no Pokemon barred) tournaments, and I cannot tell you how satisfying it is to crush an entire team of legendary Pokemon using a single Relicanth.
XD
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 07:44:47 pm »

My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Blue (the first ever released?) that I played using a GBA emulator on my PC in 2001. Then Pokemon Yellow came out and I played it a lot. Then came Silver/Gold, etc. and I could not keep up. I also collected the trading card games for a short time. My friend's sister won a card competition and got to travel to Japan.

I like the older Pokemon games better (Blue/Red to Gold/Silver) because the following generations of Pokemon games have too much complexity. You have to care about EV, IV, and stuff. I like complex games but I perceive Pokemon as something casual and relaxing, instead of overly engineered!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 08:04:37 pm »

I like the older Pokemon games better (Blue/Red to Gold/Silver) because the following generations of Pokemon games have too much complexity. You have to care about EV, IV, and stuff. I like complex games but I perceive Pokemon as something casual and relaxing, instead of overly engineered!

Buuut...EV and IV have been around since Red and Blue. We just didn't understand them back then. If you didn't care about them then, why do you have to now? (except competitive battling, meh)

Also, Scyther is the best Pokémon ever. Always.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 09:13:51 pm »

Buuut...EV and IV have been around since Red and Blue. We just didn't understand them back then. If you didn't care about them then, why do you have to now? (except competitive battling, meh)

I didn't know that, I thought they were introduced after Silver/Gold. My problem is I am a perfectionist and I don't enjoy being one when playing Pokemon.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 09:20:57 pm »

Something I never got is why people think the quality of the new Pokemon have been going down since Gen II.6 Is it just nostalgia talking or is there something I'm not getting here?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2011, 10:25:51 pm »

Something I never got is why people think the quality of the new Pokemon have been going down since Gen II.6 Is it just nostalgia talking or is there something I'm not getting here?
I think it's that we are now at well over half a thousand pokemon, sending the difficulty of catching them all using only the two games of the generation from "difficult" to "impossible"
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2011, 11:15:34 pm »

No, I'm talking about the Pokemon themselves. People think the gen III Pokemon look bad for example.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2011, 11:18:08 pm »

My favorite pokemon would be Heracross :3 And my favorite region is the upcoming UNOVA REGION! The starters are just really cool and it is a brilliant work of art, It really shows what DS games are capable of.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2011, 11:30:14 pm »

I don't have a favorate, I like alot of them. Most of them being the original three starters and their evolutions, and the Hoenn leaf starter and it's evolutions. I supposed if I had to choose a favorate from "which one would you want in RL" I would have to choose Snorlaxx, just to ride on it's back as it wades through the street to do my bidding......and eat <.< >.>.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8