Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Pokemon  (Read 6798 times)

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2011, 12:59:11 pm »

Black - White - [some sort of gray area]
Spanish. This is about races. I just know it.

Spanish? No.

Pokemon Arab, clearly.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2011, 06:07:40 pm »

Just got Pokemon White and pre-ordered my 3DS, hell yeah. My DS has apparently been completely out of power for a long time, though, so not getting a chance to play it just yet.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2011, 08:50:49 pm »

Having clocked over 220 hours on an Emerald Cartridge(my game of choice, also the last pokemon game I got), I think I can say that I believe all the pokemon are available, but it depends on if you are a girl or a boy.  Boy corresponds to sapphire, girl corresponds to ruby. I think anyway. But besides, its only like 3 Pokemon you can't get. Groundon/Kyogre can both be caught in Emerald.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2011, 09:28:41 pm »

I have been secretly playing my bro's new Pokemon game and I was sorta blown away when I found out that at least the start of the game nearly every tradition is broken. Such as, say, Pokemon battles not affecting the map screen.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2011, 09:30:38 pm »

I have been secretly playing my bro's new Pokemon game and I was sorta blown away when I found out that at least the start of the game nearly every tradition is broken. Such as, say, Pokemon battles not affecting the map screen.

WHAAAT?  :o *mindblown*

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2011, 09:35:25 pm »

Started with Pokemon Red, when I was in middle school. Missingno. blew my mind, and set a delightfully creepy and postmodern tone for a lot of the RPGs I wrote and programmed as a kid.

After that, I ordered the Silver version from Japan, and got a Japanese-English dictionary to translate the dialogue when necessary. I ended up completing the game, including getting all the Unowns, the Legendary Dogs, snagging Lugia, and beating Ash, all without understanding a lick of the dialogue. My team was lead by a Furret with Rocket Fists and Rest/Snore.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 08, 2011, 11:58:04 pm »

My team was lead by a Furret with Rocket Fists and Rest/Snore.
Hehe that's a great visual.

I'm trying to avoid black/white for as long as I can because I know it'll eat up my time and I have TOO MANY GAMES to play. DF releases sure aren't helping me get through them though...
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]