Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124922 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 2 - Death to Psychics!
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2011, 01:31:33 am »

I had a nice post going this morning but had to abandon it for 2 hours to try and get something scanned, then got my hair cut, then had a hang out session, and then had chess.

So, that'll get finished tomorrow. I'm tired now and am doing some homework. Just in case you're wondering, you groovy dogs. Time to boogaloo on outta here.

Also, I will finish that post by tomorrow!

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2011, 01:37:16 am »

Native: All right, I'll admit that I lol'd.

Toaster: I think WUBA had a reason for making them, but I'll admit that I don't necessarily believe them. However, I don't believe his statistics and claiming of them was a scumtell at all. That's not really the kind of attention you want to draw when scum, making up numbers and other things, and though that may be some WIFOM it's what I believe. It's not really a tell and if it turns out he's wrong, then I guess he's wrong and we can lord it over him forever.

If Book flips town, then the obvious choice would be WUBA, but I would also keep an eye on Leafsnail and Mr.Person. As far as Pandarsenic goes, I feel like he's here more than he would be as scum; he's a pretty skillful lurker but hasn't really been doing it this game. I won't rule him out as scum but he's not high on my list.

Argembarger: Mr.Person is high on my list, after Book; he is massively lurky, and until I get some answers to my accusations against him I don't intend to let him slide by. Beyond that, Leafsnail and Ottofar have me suspicious in terms of their lurkiness and their commentary with little overall content. I know I can't really talk when it comes to lurking, but at least I have things to say that ware useful when I post.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2011, 01:52:34 am »

I had a nice post going this morning but had to abandon it for 2 hours to try and get something scanned, then got my hair cut, then had a hang out session, and then had chess.
So, that'll get finished tomorrow. I'm tired now and am doing some homework. Just in case you're wondering, you groovy dogs. Time to boogaloo on outta here.

Yeah, yeah, you may be the coolest person ever, you groovy dog, but you're still scum and I won't let you get away with active lurking. You'd better have something useful to say soon.

8-P
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2011, 03:43:20 am »

WHY?
Yeah. Rather good question. I'm feeling quite bad now.

Top 3:
 Dariush

Web/Book, of which Web's not likely to be the exterminator, and Book is.

Toaster

Then'd come probably Mr. P, and Leafsnail.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2011, 05:05:12 am »

"Why?"

"Excellent question! Namesnamesnames!"

"WHY!?"
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2011, 06:33:45 am »

That was a stirring reply, Ottofar. Unfortunately, while all answers are replies, not all replies are answers. You did not answer the question that I asked: What are your reads on Leafsnail, Toaster and Person? What are your top scumpicks and why?

Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2011, 06:46:40 am »

First, are you serious? I gave plenty of reasoning! The biggest being HE STALLED THE LYNCH!

A wordless vote is bad for discussion. Why you wanted to start without any discussion at all alludes me. In fact, you should probably tell everyone why you felt it was acceptable to do so.

This is no excuse. You spent so long arguing with Webadict about things that have no possibility of showing him scum or town. You can prove his numbers are wrong but that doesn't prove he's scum. So why were you spending so much time fighting with Webadict instead of scumhunting?

Dude asked me a question, it was only polite to respond. By your argument, I just spent an hour and a half also arguing with Leafsnail about stupid shit, and yet they are the reasons of our respective votes, as was the case with wuba yesterday.

But yes, both the argument with wuba then and Leaf now do have the potential of proving they're scum. That's the point of getting people to talk. Indeed, I did find a number of important points on wuba that make him probable scum:

-snip-

Since these came up during that conversation with him, it was scumhunting, and was successful at that. He has since utterly failed to respond to these charges, which only makes him scummier in my mind. Since he didn't dare go against me again on them, he sent his minion Leafsnail to repeat the same lies and hoping this time they stick.

I want you to take a step back and consider the exact argument I was talking about. I was not stating your entire argument with Webadict was useless, I was specifically referring to your argument that Webadict's statistics being wrong prove he's scum. That is laughably incorrect. Webadict lying about the statistics would be a great case, but the stats being wrong or even Webadict's analysis of them being wrong could just be Webadict being wrong. It's a null tell. And Webadict's stats are not wrong since they're empirical data.

Now, considering you've not brought forth any evidence to prove Webadict lied nor did your refuation and subsequent discussion with Webadict about his statistics providing any proof one way or the other, it's a waste of time. You didn't even try, to be honest. You spent so long fruitlessly trying to prove them wrong that you never stopped to think about what proving them wrong would mean. I've done that myself a lot, I'm just trying to get you to agree so you can provide a case against Webadict that isn't completely baseless from the very core. You actually have a few points and a LOT of potential points to make, you're just passing them all up to make stupid points that nobody is taking seriously. You've said Webadict has lied a lot, but you haven't actually proved Webadict lied. You've proved or attempted to prove him wrong on several points, but you've not done the follow-up and proved he lied. You rarely provide any sort of follow-up with Webadict at all, in fact. You never talk to Webadict, which seems odd for someone wanting to scumhunt. You point out "Webadict lies when he says BLANK", but you don't bother to actually talk to Webadict about this. You generally don't even explain what actually happened, so it's not possible for anybody to follow your case since you haven't provided any evidence to begin with.

And no, you don't have to respond to a post if it's a waste of time. Mafia isn't about being polite, it's about catching the scum.

I have never said Ottofar is town. It's merely that Toaster seems scummier to me than Ottofar, but they both could be either. Toaster's scummitude I mentioned yesterday, but it's mostly based on the circumstances of his claim, and meta reading over the breadth, timing and tone of his posts, no major scumtells so far (though I need to reread). Since I don't have a strong case on him, I've moved my vote to where I do, but my gut still screams that Toaster is scum.
You kind of missed something important; I asked about Ottofar while you talked about Toaster. I can read between the lines and see what you mean, though. Still, I want to hear from you what your exact read on Ottofar is. Are his recent actions those of a townie? Is his lurking and active lurking ok? You've cleverly dodged the issue until now, but now you're telling me exactly what you think of Ottofar.

I still can't believe you're saying Toaster is scum for his "suspiciously early claim". You've held onto this bullshit for so long it's getting scummy. What exactly do you want a D1 claiming kook to do? Walk me through it. I want to see your thought process here.

False. You are factually wrong. At the time of this wall of text to which I'm responding, you had a total of six posts in the entire game, the least of all players. Now that you've posted again, you are tied at the bottom with Dariush at seven posts. Numbers from the LurkerTracker (which I'll post later today). Sure, yours were large, so that's an extenuating circumstance, but still, Toaster, Native, and even Pandar have been more active overall. So, since you said something factually wrong, is it "borderline scummy"?

I am honestly offended. You say I'm less active than Pand, but Pand is active lurking scum (although him being a vig muddies things slightly, which is why I'm not doing anything with him). Take every word we've said, stripe the quotes, and compare the total counts. I guaran-fucking-tee I've said more than him. I've had more content, that's for sure, and I certainly have much stronger scumpicks than him. I've been in more dicussions, which is easy since Pand's been in none.

So why are you trying to push a bullshit case through like that? You can kinda say I'm lurking, I can see that case, sure, (spoilers: You can't say I'm lurking like scum since I'm posting) but active lurking? Fuck you, I am definitely not active lurking. I've talked with people, I've got cases on people, and most importantly, I'm available and open to discussion. That's the opposite of active lurking, that's being active. So what say you to this strong conflicting evidence, Book?

I'm not trying to find scum, I've already found 5 scumpicks. At this point I'm questioning them to try to figure out their alignments.
Which are they? Why are they your scumpicks? Where are you questioning them? I see you only questioning me so far.

I've learned awhile ago that I have a problem with jumping around from players too often, so I'm going to try to question players more methodically. Since you asked, I'm thinking Book, Ottofar, Pand, Jim, and Jokerman in that order of scummitude with the last two being much weaker picks than the other three. Jokerman's only weak since I'm actually avoiding throwing any questions, though, but I'll do that D3. I'm completely ignoring Pand for now for now to see if you ever stops active lurking. Active lurking = Pand's #1 scumtell. Granted a lot of that is because he was posting from his phone or was away or something, but even now Pand isn't posting anything useful at all. And he's been passive as fuck the whole game, which worries me quite a bit. I'd like it if Pand didn't respond, he'll have plenty of time to defend himself when I actually vote him. At that point I'll make an actual case where I point out how little he's been posting so far, so don't worry about the fact I'm not providing any evidence on Pand, Ottofar, or Jokerman. All in due time, all in due time. For now just accept I'm not voting you and keep finding scum.

I shot Janus because:
1) If he was not shot and was town, we would probably accuse him of being a Doppelganger, screened by a Doppelganger Enchanter, and waste ANOTHER day on him.
2) If he was not shot and was a Dopp, he would probably accuse him of being a Doppelganger, screened by a Doppelganger Enchanter, and lynch him, then start trying to root out his Enchanter.
3) If I shot him and he was a Dopp, awesome. It's like 2 but moved one day ahead.
4) If I shot him and he was town, we at least won't go through any of the above scenarios. We can progress to day 2 as if he'd been lynched.

It was the right move.

I note that you didn't say which scenario you thought was true. Interesting. Did you think Janus was a dopp or town when you killed him?

I'm going to claim now, however; to make up for my failure to move my vote and to prevent today from getting locked on Janus again, I shot him to lay the matter to rest. As you can see, he was NOT a vig and I probably should've shot Ottofar instead, but there you have it.

I hate your wording. Too town flag wavy for me. Killing JTF was a pro-town move but I don't know, you seem really eager to show it.

Let's just say I suspect you as a likely Exterminator candidate and move on.

Seriously, Pand explaining his pro-town move is scummy? How do things work over in opposite world? What do you want Pand to do, not explain his reasoning? Pand's exact reasoning was "Janus was going to get lynched tomorrow, I gave the town its lynch back. It was the right move" and you call that townie flag-waving? Pand didn't boast or say he was town because he killed Janus, he just said he killed Janus and it was correct to do so. So your argument is completely baseless and you have no evidence to suggest Pand is an extie. You're only trying to spread mistrust when there's no reason to do so. Nice attempt, scummy mcscum scum, but I already have maximum mistrust levels for Pand to begin with.

Dude, I never mentioned Org. And if you go away for days and then come back with a wall of text, while you were away you were still lurking, yes? I called you on your claim of being amongst the most active. Do you think you were, with only six posts in the entire game?

But whatever, right back at you, buddy.

You said I had the fewest posts, implying I was the least active. I said I was more active than those three, which would make your case incorrect. Even if I had been away for "days" (it was 10 hours of Friday and a good bit of Saturday, or about 32 hours), I wouldn't have done anything scummy. Coming back and posting proves I read all the posts and am contributing. I might not post as frequently or tersely as you would like but tough shit. Doesn't make me scum, so you can't complain. I've been very active, I've posted a myriad of comments to nearly every player. I'm like Archangel but without the suck or rulebreaking. So since I've been posting, you can't say I've been lurking... or at least not in a way that proves I'm scum. Yeah, I'm sometimes gone a bit, but I always come back and make up for it. Try attacking me with something else.

Well, my D1 scum list was Janus first, then MBP, Org, and you.  Since that was pretty damn off, I think that Book fellow is the new #1.  I dare you to call it an OMGUS.
Yeah, it was pretty damn off. How sure are you now? How many scum do you think are currently voting me?

And obvious attempt to make Toaster unsure of himself so much he'll unvote you out of self-doubt. Very scummy move, Book.

This reason is horseshit.  So you're saying if I had looked at my role PM, saw Kook, sat around for an hour or two without participating, and THEN started in with a RV and a Kook claim, it'd be fine? Do you honestly believe that?
It would have looked less scummy in my eyes, yes. I'm not saying that's what you should have done, I'm saying that it was your speed which originally drew my attention to the possibility of you being fakeclaiming, as that's the best way to play the fakeclaim. I'm not recommending people to actively wait, but if indeed yours had happened a couple of hours later, it wouldn't have rang the bells it did in my scumometer.

That's not the only reason I distrust your claim, though. In the very paragraph which you quote I bring this up, and you didn't respond: your silence over web's relentless defence of your towniehood (a townie would at least have said "hey, don't defend/buddy me"). Wuba is apparently certain that you are town, what say you about that? Why haven't you so much as batted an eyelash about it? At least a "don't buddy me" would have helped. Do you think he could know for certain you are town?

As I said above, though, it's not enough for me to be certain you're scum; you've kept your nose pretty clean otherwise (I mean, except for choosing three townies as top scumpicks), which is why I stopped voting you and went after wuba when he started spewing lies and claiming certainty about things he couldn't possibly know.

"I'm not saying you should of waited on the kook claim, but I wouldn't of thought you were scum if you waited on the kook claim"

You're telling Toaster he should of waited on the kook claim. Quit spouting bullshit and admit to what you're saying. Hell, waiting is actually worse since it gives the scumteam a chance to talk to each other about fakeclaiming kook.

Your entire suspicion of Toaster is suspect. You just wanted to push some shit on Toaster and hope somebody else would follow up. Remember, when the game started there was this very common "kook claim = fakeclaiming scum!" mentality, so it was a very safe assumption that if you gave a reason for Toaster to be scum, even if the reasoning was extremely poor, that Toaster would be lynched by a mob of idiots worried about fakeclaiming kooks. That's what happened here, you just said some shit to throw mud at Toaster since there wasn't any actual evidence.

I fail to see why you expect Toaster to comment on Web thinking he's town. Do you expect everyone to comment whenever anybody says anything about their alignment? No? So why should Toaster have commented? Also, you wait until now, midway through D2, to bother asking Toaster about Webadict thinking Toaster's town? Remember, the actual event happened early on in D1. You've also talked about Toaster several times since then, so it's not like it could just slip your mind if you actually cared about scumhunting Toaster. So I guess you don't and only just remembered it would be a good question to ask to try to get suspicion off of you for your bullshit suspicion of Toaster.

Crazy week. Sorry.

I'm the Enchanter; stop pushing me to place my vote, because my vote is a lot heavier than yours.

I wanted to save Janus, yes, but I would have been willing to let him die to get information out of the day. As things fell out, I'm both happy that I protected town and rather bummed that I didn't get to contribute more. Does that satisfy?

I have to do a lot of really short-notice stuff today, so I might not be on til much later tonight. I will be back, though.

It looks like you're trying to use being an enchanter to justify not voting. Bullshit. Just vote. You can always change your vote later. You can even turn the power off if it's that big of a deal. Not voting like you're trying to get away with just makes it hard for the rest of us to see who you think is scum. Just for this, I'm voting you D3 until you vote someone with a serious reason for doing so.

This is waving a townie flag, actually. You're trying to make yourself look good by saving Janus while also making yourself look good by apologizing for not killing Janus. You can't have it both ways, you have to pick a side. Do you regret saving Janus or not? If you could go back in time, would you do it again? Did you even mean to save Janus at all?

All of this piling on Book has me suspicious as Hell. If Book doesn't flip scum, then it's all but assured that one of the people on the bandwagon is scum.

Unfortunately, I do happen to think that Book is scum. Typical WUBA behavior is to latch on to a target and destroy them as hard as he can, which he is. Typical Book behavior is to do the same, and with huge walls of support behind him. However, Book didn't even seem to care about WUBA until WUBA attacked him - basically, the largest-scale OMGUS ever between these two. Book also seems a lot more defensive in his last couple posts than I like.

Jim, I may have missed it, but who are your suspicions?

Nice job spreading suspicion for no reason. If you think Book is scum, why are you convincing people to leave the Book bandwagon?

Argembarger: Mr.Person is high on my list, after Book; he is massively lurky, and until I get some answers to my accusations against him I don't intend to let him slide by. Beyond that, Leafsnail and Ottofar have me suspicious in terms of their lurkiness and their commentary with little overall content. I know I can't really talk when it comes to lurking, but at least I have things to say that ware useful when I post.

I'm sorry, I must of missed your questions posed at me. Please restate or at least quote the post you made them in since I am not relooking through the thread to find them.

@Book:
Webadict's statistics are entirely valid. Observe.

Seven Paranormals with kooks in them. One had no kooks, four had one kook, and two had two kooks. The evidence suggests that most Paranormals are going to have at least one kook in them. Combined with the fact we have two kook claimers and that scum probably aren't going to risk two kook claims, I think we can agree that at least one of the two kooks is town. If you don't, you can say so, but I feel 100% confident in saying at least one of the kooks is town.

Your other evidence against Web seems to be this bullshit where you say the numbers suggest chainlynching the kooks. They do no such thing. If one kook is already dead and flipped kook, then the other kook claimer is in the exact same situation you discussed with Leafsnail(?) or whoever with the role that has a 20% chance to exist. You said you don't think lynching that player for claiming is the correct situation, so why are you trying to say that Webadict's evidence suggest the opposite in the same situation?

Oh I know, because you're lying scum that's just pushing bullshit through.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2011, 08:27:22 am »

Dariush: I asked:
Dariush: I refer to them to prove they are bullshit, as I've explained above. Question for you: what's your read on Mr. Person? How would you have voted yesterday if you had known Jokerman was an enchanter?

You replied:
How would you have voted yesterday if you had known Jokerman was an enchanter?
Leaving out the fact that there're not many ways that can be used to determine someone's role on day one, there're two possibilities - either I alone know his aligment or everyone does. In first case, I make this fact known in attempt to get someone who was voting JTF to vote Ottofar; in second, I would go all WTF as to why everyone allows a no lynch to go through.
What about your read on Mr. Person? You clearly saw the question, you even quoted the paragraph, but snipped that part. Why did you not answer? What's your read on him?
I screwed up the quoting and accidentally deleted your question. Sorry.
On day one he was overly fixed on JTF, today he's overly fixed on you. Scummy.
As to the enchanter question, your point is fair, but you didn't answer: who would you have voted? To remove knowledge of the role from the equation, say there was no enchanter, but the vote was tied; then you'd have known that leaving your vote on Ottofar would result in a no lynch. Would you have allowed the no lynch or would you have moved your vote? If the first, why? If the second, to whom and why?
I'd have left the vote on for basically the same reasons Jokerman allowed a no lynch - he wasn't sufficiently scummy to hang.
What in the heck is this?  You seem to miss out you're stuff on Book for some reason, mark 2 random people as town (you don't even seem to have any towny tells... for me it's just "lack of scumminess" and for Argembarger it's... what?  Why put it on your list if you can't explain it at all?
I would be eternally grateful if someone could clearly state the current case on Book without use of WoTs. I'd prefer to read A Song of Ice and Fire, it is shorter...
Doesn't answer the question.  The question was why you didn't write anything about Book in your post in spite of putting his name there.  Your other points are still pretty weird and unbackedup.
Putting his name in my post?... I was addressing him. Also, what kind of double reverse anti-chainsaw defense is questioning why someone thinks you are town?..
He uses them constantly. A couple of meta referrings are okay; an attempt to base a game around them is bound to fail.
Ok, let's accept that it's "bound to fail".  Why would that be scummy?
He tries to base his reasonings off statistics. There's no way town that wishes to find actual scum would do that.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2011, 12:03:57 pm »

First: V/LA from Tuesday to Friday.    I'll be in Venice, and I'll almost certainly have no internet access at all.

I'm just bothering Jokerman.
Great.

As for Ottofar, while the accusation of a dead body might not be scummy on it's own., there's been a few other things that he's done that has caused red flags to shoot up.
Then why did you only vote him after he accused a dead body, and why did you vote him while citing him voting a dead body as your reason?

Firstly: Unvote.  Looking back at it, my attacking of Book seemed to be mainly out of anger that he blocked an extension that I wanted and the statistics stuff, and the lack of context I had from not reading a lot of the longer posts on previous pages.  I think this post answered most of my points well.
Spoiler: Book (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail, why does Ottofar get a free pass to do nothing? He's becoming for lurking what Org is for playing stupidly.
My pardoning of his previous post (which seemed like a genuine mistake, regardless of his alignment) was contingent on him providing better stuff today.  He hasn't.

Putting his name in my post?... I was addressing him. Also, what kind of double reverse anti-chainsaw defense is questioning why someone thinks you are town?..
What exactly were you answering, then?  And call it anti-buddying if you like.  Just because someone calls you town doesn't mean they don't need a decent reason to do so.

He tries to base his reasonings off statistics. There's no way town that wishes to find actual scum would do that.
Really?  It's surely an equally mistaken thing to do as town or scum.

These are my responses to things.  I'll take a break and commence writing another post with my own stuff on in a bit.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2011, 01:19:23 pm »

I'm going to claim now, however; to make up for my failure to move my vote and to prevent today from getting locked on Janus again, I shot him to lay the matter to rest. As you can see, he was NOT a vig and I probably should've shot Ottofar instead, but there you have it.

I hate your wording. Too town flag wavy for me. Killing JTF was a pro-town move but I don't know, you seem really eager to show it.

Let's just say I suspect you as a likely Exterminator candidate and move on.

Seriously, Pand explaining his pro-town move is scummy? How do things work over in opposite world? What do you want Pand to do, not explain his reasoning? Pand's exact reasoning was "Janus was going to get lynched tomorrow, I gave the town its lynch back. It was the right move" and you call that townie flag-waving? Pand didn't boast or say he was town because he killed Janus, he just said he killed Janus and it was correct to do so. So your argument is completely baseless and you have no evidence to suggest Pand is an extie. You're only trying to spread mistrust when there's no reason to do so. Nice attempt, scummy mcscum scum, but I already have maximum mistrust levels for Pand to begin with.

I already explained this to Pandarsenic.

Pandarsenic, because he waved his town flag over killing JTF. And then he appealed to authority over it when I brought it up instead of his own arguments.

We were in agreement that the move was correct. Your only argument was that I claimed vig to clear up any ambiguity about the kill, which was so pro-town it was scummy. I simply cited why that was stupid.

It's not so much what you did. It's the reasons you gave. You said, "I did this for you." instead of, "I did this for me." There are several very good reasons for why you did what you did, and I don't question them. But it's your generous attitude towards the rest of the town over it that personally makes me suspicious.

Given the opportunity, scum love doing things for the town and love letting everybody know about them. This is what I suspect Pandarsenic for.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2011, 01:47:39 pm »

The Whiteboard
Book: Jokerman-EXE, Mr.Person, Toaster, webadict
Dariush: Ottofar
Leafsnail: Book
Ottofar: Argembarger, Dariush, Jim Groovester, NativeForeigner, Pandarsenic

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2011, 04:21:45 pm »

By the way, Extension. Only one will be lynched today.

Holy shit, the first time I see the thread after the night and there're already several walls of text.
First of all, I want to apologize for my passive play day one - as I said, I had a busy week and I was thinking more than writing.
Book: Ottofar - scum, just as day one.
Argembarger - I think town, but I can't pinpoint reason.
Leafsnail - his answer day one seemed pretty solid, and I don't have much else, so I'd say he's town.
Top scumpick:
Ottofar, webadict because of his useless statistics, Toaster for the same reason as yesterday.
Now, why do you alternately refer to webadict's numbers and discard them as bullshit?
There are several things wrong with this post. I'll have a good look at you in a bit, but for now, I'm just going to answer the "useless statistics" aspects. First of all, you seem to think the crux of my argument lies on statistics. It does not. In fact, there are no statistics used in anyone's lynching. In defense of people, yes. In attacking, no. So, you seem to be skipping through my posts. Congratulations on that. I could just as well say that you've done no scumhunting. Do I know? Of course not. I don't remember your posts. Equivocally, you haven't done much to bring attention to this to me, so I'd say you're riding off of other people's arguments.

Incredi-scummy. That's why you get a lookin' at.

Ottofar: Two vig, or camo ext + vig? Top 3 scumpicks? Why so lazy?

Camo+Ext, I guess.
Soonish
PFP'ing.
I disagree. There is much better things to pick than Camo, and I am seriously doubting that choice. I have a better solution.

Web in general:  I'm not looking for his defense, but I did made myself stick out early on.  Something like that is going to form the meat of people's arguments.  He should make his points more with reason and less with statistics.  He can't be role-based certain since he said that D1, but I take that to mean he's quite confident in his statement.
I never gave it for you. I gave it for the Town. Not only that, it's only minorly based on statistics. The rest is based on Book's attitude and my personal reasoning. Don't be so conceded. I also think Ottofar is town, too.

webadict, why do you say Toaster is town because Book is scum? That looks like either/or reasoning to me. Or, you know, crap.
It's not either or. Either or would be me saying "Either Book is scum or Toaster is scum." I don't believe that at all. Mostly because that implies there's a chance of Book not being scum. And that would be silly. He never followed through on his attack of Toaster, OMGUSed me for pointing out his lack of scumhunting, and then proceeds to OMGUS everyone everywhere he can find. He had several chances to make a case against Toaster, but he never did. I could honestly care less about Toaster. Really, I'd defend anyone that's being voted for very poor reasons. The fact that he tried to continued to push for a Toaster lynch only made Toaster look less like a person to lynch.

I'd say a combination of Book and Jokerman, for stalling yesterday in the no-lynch that forced me to waste my nightkill being the law.
Not only did you have the ability to kill either of these people yesternight (Okay, maybe not Joker, but definitely Book) or Ottofar really throws any credit you had coming into today. I think you're a Doppelganger Vigilante. Really, you thought Ottofar was scum, but decided to kill Janus to "not waste a lynch" and yet you're now throwing your vote at Ottofar, which is EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY. Don't you count that as a wasted lynch? I mean, at least Janus was giving something to the Town. He didn't do PFP every three seconds, and tried, although lazily, to do something. I would much rather have had you kill Ottofar last Night than Janus, and you know that killing Janus is worse than killing Ottofar.

You didn't help us out at all. You just did what you thought would look Townier. You should've killed the person you thought was scum. And apparently, that was Book and Ottofar. Except minus Book.

Book:
#1: You do make implications on Toaster's alignment. By attacking him with no evidence, lack of scumhunting, and generally no attempt, but your calling me scum for defending him implies that you would defend your partner, as you say I am defending mine. I also do not believe you would make yourself look like an idiot trying to attack someone like that. I also don't believe you'd waste time trying to fake an attack on Toaster, while also building up what looks like a lynchmob based on claiming Kook.

#2: You either misread what I wrote or just plan weren't reading it. I said your attitude turned MY belief of Toaster's alignment into a certainty. I did not say that you were certain of Toaster's alignment. You can reread it and see your mistake there. I can also say I never suggested chainlynching. Ever. Nor would I have. The point was that the claimed Kooks are more likely to be Kooks than to be scum. The fact you tried to turn my words into chainlynching suggest you wished to find something scummy about it, instead of generally believing such a thing was scummy.

#3: My point about your fake attack on Jokerman is that you didn't follow it up. You used it to make yourself look like you were scumhunting. Which you weren't. You had a target you could've scumhunted, but didn't. It came out of nowhere and stayed out of nowhere just as quick.

#4: You did shorten the Day. You turned 1 vote away into 2 votes away. 2 Hours before Day ended. You didn't want the Day to go on. That means you shortened the Day. Do you see how that works? You weren't voting for either of the two people that were on the line to be lynched. How does that mean you're satisfied with the current lynch choices? If anything, you should have extended to try and get your choice (me) lynched. Or switched to Janus before Shortening. You didn't though. That means you had no reason to Shorten at all, and you made any attempt at Extending impossible. You are a liar on at least that point. On the tying of the votes, you made no attempt to untie the votes, or vote for either of the players that were being lynched. That means shortening was pointless for you, except as a way to end discussion about you. That would be a half of a point that's wrong. As for suggesting the chainlynch, maybe you "didn't" but I never suggest chainlynching at all. You seem to think that's what I'm implying. I'm not, and that's not even what the numbers are for. They were to show that there is a significant chance of there being 2 Kooks, especially in a big game. So, instead, you were trying to twist my words into something else. So, you were basically suggesting a chainlynch was MY idea. Fine, you can lose the chainlynch idea, and keep the taking things way out of context idea.

#5: I actually never claimed Toaster was confirmed Town. Confirmed Town is incredibly hard to come by in this game. If anything a Kook could never be confirmed Town, if only due to game mechanics. However, I did say Toaster was more likely to be Town. I'll stick by that. I also love that twisting of words at the end. I never said that my numbers proved anything BUT slightly more Town. It was you trying to turn that "null tell" into a scum tell. And you kept switching. I never did. Here's where I can claim that you need to prove I used statistics to say Toaster was confirmed Town. Otherwise, you're lying. P.S. You're lying. I said that you are the reason I believe Toaster is town. Never statistics. Also, you never attempted to scumhunt Toaster. You made more attempt on Jokerman than Toaster. And that was FAKE.

#6: Right. So, you never backtracked ever. Besides ALWAYS. You always skip over that! You keep saying that claiming Kook is a null tell, and yet you keep saying it is a scum tell! You never make up your mind, and you've only said that it was a null tell to keep people from pointing out how blatantly lying you are about how helpful Kook claiming is, but say it is a scum tell to keep people from pointing out how blatantly pointless your attack on Toaster was. And the odd thing is it wouldn't have been pointless if you had scumhunted! You DIDN'T! Where's that point? I don't believe it was mentioned! The only thing I can say that you've proven is that you didn't suggest chainlynching. My bad. you suggested that I suggested chainlynching, then tried to twist my words to make me say we should chainlynch, which not only would I never use numbers for, I never said nor advocated chainlynching. Jesus.

#7: When I said "losing the lead" I meant that the Town was one vote short of an Extension, well doable in two hours with about 8 people already voting on Extensions. With one further, it was nearly impossible. You did shorten the Day. Not admitting it is scummier for you than it is for everyone pointing out you shortened the Day. BECAUSE YOU DID.

#8: I think you've mixed up some points. Leafsnail wanted an Extension, for one. Ottofar and Native don't seem to have anything to do with this, for another. You're trying to pass blame onto others. Just like many things, I see. As for your shortening having a reason, see #4. I'll try not to "repeat myself."

#9: Alright. You asked for it. Is it fifty posts? No. But it's enough for you to be lying.
In general however, I do agree that a Kook claim in itself is a null tell: it doesn't make people scummy on its own, but it doesn't make them townier either.
Toaster is suspicious first because of his immediate kook claim. He seemed too eager to get on the ground floor, preempting any actual kooks claiming ahead of him. This is the best way to play it if you are scum fakeclaiming it, and Toaster is savvy enough and hard enough to read to get away with it. If Ottofar had claimed first, then Toaster would, I think, not have claimed at all. But that's not all. Toaster's posts so far have been noncommittal and give me the impression that he's trying to attack without fully engaging, which is how I've seen him play scum.
As I said, it's not just your claiming kook, but your amazing speed at doing so that strikes me as scummy. If you had done it an hour or two later it would have seemed less scummy. It just reeks to me as a preemptive fakeclaim. In isolation it's not much, but the rest of your posts also strike me as scummy, how you've managed to attack without engaging is compatible with what I know of your scum game, as is your silence over web's relentless defence of your towniehood (a townie would at least have said "hey, don't defend/buddy me"). Still, it's not enough for me to be certain you are scum, but it is enough for me to distrust your claim, leaving the fakeclaim a distinct possibility.
You imply that the null tell is a scumtell is a null tell, etc. Because he didn't claim an hour later. Explain how an hour's difference makes Toaster's claim make sense. I can see no problem with claiming in the first post that you have a potentially Power Role wasting ability. It'd be like, "I'm a Paranoird War Vet. Don't action me, or you'll die." And then the next person is like, "That's scummy. Only scum would want us to not action you. However, if you had claimed this 2 hours from now, I would not think it were scummy." The second person is making two points that are equally stupid: That only scum wouldn't want to be actioned, and that claiming this ability in the future makes a difference.

Now, even if that were it, it still wouldn't matter, but then assume that said second player never tries to determine how scummy first player is. Dur. It was the kook claim that you found scummy. You can argue "it was the way he claimed kook" but whether or not you actually believe that, it was the kook claim. You could not have been happy no matter how he would have posted it. If he posted it later, you would have argued that Town would claim in their first post. It's a trap that has no win, and you know it.

#10: Your point about the independence of my and Toaster's scummitude being independent is utterly shattered by you combining my and Leafsnail's scummitude with no reason other than for me too look worse by you attacking Leafsnail and then combining his and my stances together. There's no reason to assume my and Leafsnail's scummitude are in any way linked as much as my and Toaster's. But you did.

Unvote MBP

Argembarger: Ok, seems townish to me.

Book+Webadict: Seems to me that Book might be scummier.

Dariush: Lurk, Bandwagon.
MBP, for the thing I voted him for earlier.

Migraine- gonna go to dark room now.
Get to work on a real post. You've been posting from your phone enough, and we know you've got to have some time eventually.

Dariush:
Since I'm really focusing on Book right now, I'll answer parts of this post. I'll then look back at you. Eventually.
#1: Seriously, do your own work. If you're not going to attempt to learn something about the argument, you're not playing. Not only will every argument have it's own bias on it, you're not even going to attempt to do anything about it at all anyhow, since you're complaining about WoTs. Seriously, that's not helpful. The fact that Book has several walls of texts might imply that you should READ THE WALLS OF TEXTS. Heck, maybe you should even read his defense!

#2: If I use these statistics constantly, then how is it you haven't read the Walls for a case on Book? I've used numbers for minor points, and ONLY as a defense. There has been no numbers for attacks, and there has been a number of valid points not using statistics.

Ottofar. Yes, that dead body over there is SO scummy.

PFP
Nice case you got there.

All of this piling on Book has me suspicious as Hell. If Book doesn't flip scum, then it's all but assured that one of the people on the bandwagon is scum.

Unfortunately, I do happen to think that Book is scum. Typical WUBA behavior is to latch on to a target and destroy them as hard as he can, which he is. Typical Book behavior is to do the same, and with huge walls of support behind him. However, Book didn't even seem to care about WUBA until WUBA attacked him - basically, the largest-scale OMGUS ever between these two. Book also seems a lot more defensive in his last couple posts than I like.

Jim, I may have missed it, but who are your suspicions?
Are you trying to hold both sides of this argument at once? You think he's scum, but if he's not, someone else might be? You're not making yourself much of a use to the Town with a reasoning like that. You could try: posting some argument for Book, posting some arguments against Book, posting some arguments for possible bad Book arguments, posting some arguments for good Book arguments, or posting some arguments in general. Remaining passive isn't good.

Book again:
#1: If you are going to say that I'm taking it out of context, why didn't you answer it yourself? You ignored the post I said at all, and just figured you'd try and push through it tomorrow. It's obvious you saw Janus's posts stating you should take a stance on it, but you refuse to acknowledge my post pointing out how you weren't taking a stand on it. Mostly because min implies you are scum for not taking a stance on it. Which is exactly what I was calling you, since you were concerned about your image.

#2: And yet, I still have said plenty about your pointless Shortening, ending any more discussion about you.

#3: I never said Toaster was a confirmed Town. Only you have ever suggested such a thing. I believe Toaster is town. You can certainly argue that. But, to suggest that Toaster is a confirmed Town is nonsensical. You were the one that tried to twist the meaning of my words to suggest chainlynching. That's your pathetic attempt to debunk the statistics, which make up a small portion of my defense. Even if they were gone, I would still be right her, defending Toaster. Got that? I said it. I would still do it even if these statistics were wrong. Wanna know why? Because I know what Toaster did was pro-Town, and I know you wouldn't waste your time trying to lynch without evidence someone that was pro-Town on your scumteam.

#4: There was ONE VOTE AWAY FROM AN EXTENSION.

#5: All games with 16 players have at least one Kook. Good call for pointing it out.

Argembarger:
I enjoy the contribution.

As for the Kook thing, Paranormal 14 had 10 players, 3 of which were scum. This led to a powerful Town, and canceled out Kooks. Many of the other games, however, have had similar numbers of players and scum counts.

As for the jokes, I suppose that the only time I really used it was on Janus. Book joking was mostly because he was already scummy.

Book:
#1: Your proof of no Kooks is the most outliering point possible. It had 3 scum vs. 7(6?) town. It had 33% scum instead of the accepted 25%. I'm going to go with the more logical one here. And besides, the statistics were a MINOR POINT.

#2: I cannot know the number of Kooks unless I had the Intel. I knew, however, that Meph uses the Kook as a balance measure for other roles. If he's 1 off or so on the power scale, he'll just add a Kook. The truth is that I'm 100% positive that there is at least one Kook. In fact, I can argue that there is more than just Dopps and Town by my having a power role.

#3: Again, you never made a real attack on Toaster. You OMGUSed me for attacking you.

#4: The passive aggressive point you make at the end. If you think I'm scum, then vote me. You're going after Leafsnail, who is using the same information I'm bringing up. Obviously, you don't want me gone, as I'm a constant source of activity for you. Oh, and because if I were dead, people would know I'm town. Clearly, if I'm scum, I'm obviously covering for my buddies over here by making you vote me.

#5: It's not going to matter a whole lot, really. You're going to get shot tonight, if you don't get lynched.

Yeah, yeah, you may be the coolest person ever, you groovy dog, but you're still scum and I won't let you get away with active lurking. You'd better have something useful to say soon.

8-P
Active lurking? Not only is it the weekend (I got rather busy on Friday, due to unexpected things happening, and Saturday was filled by Friday activities), but if you're going to call that active lurking, then you might as well call out Pandarsenic for actually lurking.

WHY?
Yeah. Rather good question. I'm feeling quite bad now.

Top 3:
 Dariush

Web/Book, of which Web's not likely to be the exterminator, and Book is.

Toaster

Then'd come probably Mr. P, and Leafsnail.
What is this? How is it Web/Book? Are we tied?

First, are you serious? I gave plenty of reasoning! The biggest being HE STALLED THE LYNCH!

A wordless vote is bad for discussion. Why you wanted to start without any discussion at all alludes me. In fact, you should probably tell everyone why you felt it was acceptable to do so.
Because he needed votes for yesterday. In fact, there was a nice PM I sent him telling him he wasted the lynch. Some people may not have gotten that.

Also, if you didn't notice the phone symbol in the corner, I was posting from my phone. Not only that, but if you can't look back a page or remember past the few days before, you either aren't paying attention or have a serious problem. Book deserves to be lynched today.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 20, 2011, 05:15:03 pm »

Really, Mr.Person? You're gone for that long, then you come in here and basically post a rehash of what everyone has said to me that I've already answered. I have voted, since before you even came back; I've already explained what happened with Janus and made it clear that if you want to read into it that way, then fucking go for it.

And here is the list of questions, which you would not have missed if you had been reading the thread.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 20, 2011, 05:18:22 pm »

I'm just bothering Jokerman.
Great.

As for Ottofar, while the accusation of a dead body might not be scummy on it's own., there's been a few other things that he's done that has caused red flags to shoot up.
Then why did you only vote him after he accused a dead body, and why did you vote him while citing him voting a dead body as your reason?

Don't worry, that's the extent of my dicking around.

I voted him after he accused the body because that happened to be when I logged in on my phone to check everything and make a PFP. If you really want me to go back through everything and state all of my reasons, I will. However, they've all been said in one way or another.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2011, 05:28:52 pm »

@NativeForeigner: Having reasons and being transparent with them is helpful; being vague or opaque with them isn't. Why do you need to be told to explain yourself? That's scummy.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 40