Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124949 times)

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 2 - Death to Psychics!
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2011, 10:42:55 pm »

And now, a message from Amtrak: All aboard!
LurkerTracker®, Bandwagon Edition.
"God knows I am no friend of probability theory, I have hated it from the first moment. It made
everything ironed and the true problems concealed. Everybody must jump on the bandwagon.
And actually not a year passed before it became an official credo, and it still is." -- Erwin Schrödinger

"Now even the laws of physics are jumping on the anti-Bush bandwagon? Of course, I've known
about gravity's liberal bias ever since my tenth grade science teacher, Mr. Stamp, dropped a
bowling ball and a feather in a vacuum. Bowling ball should definitely have won." -- Stephen Colbert

Argembarger has 12 posts; the last 7 hours ago. Red text: Ottofar Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12]
Book has 36 posts; the last 3 hours ago. Red text: Leafsnail Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36]
Dariush has 9 posts; the last 11 hours ago. Red text: Ottofar Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9]
Jim Groovester has 33 posts; the last 6 hours ago. Red text: Book Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33]
Jokerman-EXE has 12 posts; the last 6 hours ago. Red text: Ottofar Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12]
Leafsnail has 14 posts; the last 5 hours ago. Red text: Book Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14]
Mr.Person has 8 posts; the last 23 hours ago. Red text: Book Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]
NativeForeigner has 17 posts; the last 3 hours ago. Red text: Book Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17]
Ottofar has 13 posts; the last 6 hours ago. Red text: MBP. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13]
Pandarsenic has 21 posts; the last 6 hours ago. Red text: Ottofar Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21]
Toaster has 20 posts; the last 9 hours ago. Red text: Book Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20]
webadict has 32 posts; the last 12 hours ago. Red text: Book Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32]

JanusTwoface: dead, town Warden has 27 posts; the last 74 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27]
MBP: dead, town Telepath has 9 posts; the last 83 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9]
Org: dead, town Warden has 13 posts; the last 74 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13]

Moderator has 20 posts; the last 7 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20]

The Morgue: MBP: dead, town Telepath; Org: dead, town Warden; JanusTwoface: dead, town Warden.

Wagons are the bread-earning horse of the Railways. Load them adequately. Make them run and don't stable them. -- Lalu Prasad Yadav
It’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential. -- Barack Obama
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 19, 2011, 12:25:41 am »

I'll be rather busy this weekend. I'll post something eventually.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 19, 2011, 02:17:30 am »

Okay, I've read through everything, and now I'll sleep on it.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 19, 2011, 09:18:20 am »

I'll be doing something in about an hour.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 19, 2011, 09:45:38 am »

That may be the most passive-aggressive LurkerTracker post I've ever seen.

Ever.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2011, 10:34:16 am »

Unvote MBP

Argembarger: Ok, seems townish to me.

Book+Webadict: Seems to me that Book might be scummier.

Dariush: Lurk, Bandwagon.
MBP, for the thing I voted him for earlier.

Migraine- gonna go to dark room now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 19, 2011, 10:36:15 am »

That's it? That's all you have to say, Ottofar?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 19, 2011, 10:42:55 am »

What in the heck is this?  You seem to miss out you're stuff on Book for some reason, mark 2 random people as town (you don't even seem to have any towny tells... for me it's just "lack of scumminess" and for Argembarger it's... what?  Why put it on your list if you can't explain it at all?
I would be eternally grateful if someone could clearly state the current case on Book without use of WoTs. I'd prefer to read A Song of Ice and Fire, it is shorter...
Then webadict for "useless statistics".  Even if they were completely wrong, I don't really see why that'd be a scumtell on its own.
He uses them constantly. A couple of meta referrings are okay; an attempt to base a game around them is bound to fail.
Dariush: I refer to them to prove they are bullshit, as I've explained above.
This:
- Toaster: I still don't trust your claim, and according to wuba's numbers, it has a 67% chance of being fake if Ottofar dies and flips town.
really doesn't look like an attempt to prove them bullshit...
How would you have voted yesterday if you had known Jokerman was an enchanter?
Leaving out the fact that there're not many ways that can be used to determine someone's role on day one, there're two possibilities - either I alone know his aligment or everyone does. In first case, I make this fact known in attempt to get someone who was voting JTF to vote Ottofar; in second, I would go all WTF as to why everyone allows a no lynch to go through.

P.S.: Finally this week is over. On monday I'll review everything and become more active.

PPE: Ottofar, I clearly stated my case against you, the reason for my 'lurking' and I carried my vote over from first day (when it was second, IIRC). Also, OMGUS. Hang, scum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 19, 2011, 01:04:22 pm »

Unvote MBP

Argembarger: Ok, seems townish to me.

Book+Webadict: Seems to me that Book might be scummier.

Dariush: Lurk, Bandwagon.
MBP, for the thing I voted him for earlier.

Migraine- gonna go to dark room now.

You know what? This is just awful.

Unvote, Ottofar.

Pay attention to the fucking game. MBP is dead. You can't very well suspect somebody who's dead and town, now can you? Unless you're just making nonsense contributions to make it look like you're paying attention.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 19, 2011, 01:40:11 pm »

The Whiteboard
Book: Leafsnail, Mr.Person, Toaster, webadict
Dariush: Ottofar
Leafsnail: Book
Ottofar: Argembarger, Dariush, Jim Groovester, Pandarsenic

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Monday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 19, 2011, 02:46:31 pm »

I would be eternally grateful if someone could clearly state the current case on Book without use of WoTs. I'd prefer to read A Song of Ice and Fire, it is shorter...
In brief, Wuba seems to think I'm scum because I didn't immediately buy Toaster's claim, then I didn't press Jokerman hard enough, then voted him for defending Toaster with bullshit statistics claiming to prove he was a confirmed townie, then blames me somehow for there being no lynch D1.

Dariush: I refer to them to prove they are bullshit, as I've explained above.
This:
- Toaster: I still don't trust your claim, and according to wuba's numbers, it has a 67% chance of being fake if Ottofar dies and flips town.
really doesn't look like an attempt to prove them bullshit...
Right, the wording there was unfortunate, and the underline doesn't help (which is there because it was a correction, not for emphasis). Instead see these two paragraphs, which explain my posture on both Toaster and the Statistics better:

[To Toaster:] I'm saying that it was your speed which originally drew my attention to the possibility of you being fakeclaiming, as that's the best way to play the fakeclaim. I'm not recommending people to actively wait, but if indeed yours had happened a couple of hours later, it wouldn't have rang the bells it did in my scumometer.

That's not the only reason I distrust your claim, though. In the very paragraph which you quote I bring this up, and you didn't respond: your silence over web's relentless defence of your towniehood (a townie would at least have said "hey, don't defend/buddy me"). Wuba is apparently certain that you are town, what say you about that? Why haven't you so much as batted an eyelash about it? At least a "don't buddy me" would have helped. Do you think he could know for certain you are town?

As I said above, though, it's not enough for me to be certain you're scum; you've kept your nose pretty clean otherwise (I mean, except for choosing three townies as top scumpicks), which is why I stopped voting you and went after wuba when he started spewing lies and claiming certainty about things he couldn't possibly know.

Additionally, all this reasoning using statistics is shit, and everyone (Book, Web) using it should stop.  Everyone knows statistics is the science of lying with numbers (or whatever the quote is.)
I couldn't agree more. That is precisely my point. Wuba's statistics are bunk, and I'm using his own numbers to prove it. The fact that he continues to push them, even after being proven both wrong and non-viable, is part of what I find scummy about him. I'm not proposing using statistics to lynch anyone; I'm proposing lynching webadict for proposing phoney, lame, and counterproductive statistics.

NO! I AM NOT SAYING THAT IF ONE DIES AND FLIPS TOWN, WE MUST LYNCH THE OTHER ONE. I AM SAYING THAT IF YOUR BULLSHIT STATISTICS WERE TRUE, THAT'S WHAT WE'D HAVE TO DO. The point being that your statistics are bullshit, and it's scummy of you to continue to say they are valid.

I DARE YOU, or anyone else voting me, to find one paragraph posted by me that does not, in context, explicitly say that the case above would be true only if we took Wuba's statistics as true. The point is that you, wuba, are proposing crap statistics, which can and have been shown to be baseless and fruitless, and following them is the wrong thing to do. Since you continued to claim they are good, I challenged you to admit to its consequences too: as in, if your numbers aren't bunk, and one dude flips town, then 67% chance the other is scum. These are the consequences of the bullcrap you peddle, and I put it to you so you could sniff deeply and disown it, or be scummy for proposing it. Instead, I'm not sure why, some people ended with the idea that I was proposing those bunk numbers.

Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 19, 2011, 02:55:59 pm »

Ottofar. Yes, that dead body over there is SO scummy.

PFP
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 19, 2011, 03:22:01 pm »

Native: Could you be a bit more blatant when you rip Jim's argument, please?

Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 19, 2011, 03:29:59 pm »

Could you try making even more passive snipes while you yourself have not cast a vote at all or even declared who you found suspicious?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 19, 2011, 03:43:53 pm »

All of this piling on Book has me suspicious as Hell. If Book doesn't flip scum, then it's all but assured that one of the people on the bandwagon is scum.

Unfortunately, I do happen to think that Book is scum. Typical WUBA behavior is to latch on to a target and destroy them as hard as he can, which he is. Typical Book behavior is to do the same, and with huge walls of support behind him. However, Book didn't even seem to care about WUBA until WUBA attacked him - basically, the largest-scale OMGUS ever between these two. Book also seems a lot more defensive in his last couple posts than I like.

Jim, I may have missed it, but who are your suspicions?
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 40