Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 124960 times)

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18
« Reply #240 on: February 15, 2011, 07:59:33 pm »

You would want one of the Kooks lynched, so that you can chainlynch the other one.
This is interesting. By your own numbers, there are 4/3 expected kooks, yes? So if we lynch Ottofar, and he does indeed flip kook, then it means there's a 2/3 chance that Toaster is indeed flakeclaiming. It would be an interesting development.

But no, I'm not going to vote Ottofar, as I don't think him that scummy (I've read others' arguments, but didn't find them convincing). We'll deal with whatever remains of the kook business tomorrow.
Thank you for admitting that you wish to chainlynch the Kooks.
Thank you for admitting that either your numbers are bunk, or that you don't want to lynch a person that has 67% chance of being scum.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18
« Reply #241 on: February 15, 2011, 08:02:34 pm »

The Whiteboard
Book: NativeForeigner
JanusTwoFace: Jim Groovester, Mr.Person, Org, Toaster, webadict
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Ottofar
NativeForeigner: Leafsnail
Org: JanusTwoFace
Ottofar: Argembarger, Dariush, Jokerman-EXE, Pandarsenic
Toaster: Mysteriousbluepuppet
webadict: Book

You look at the votes. You think about what has been said today. It looks like JanusTwoFace is going to have to die.

But the arguments against Ottofar are so persuasive.

What if it's a mistake?

No, better not to do anything at all. Just go home and sleep on it. Maybe tomorrow will bring some clarity?

Night has fallen. Send in your night actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Night 1
« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2011, 02:42:59 pm »

You gather at the courthouse again the next morning.

But, after everyone else has been there for a while, you decide that JanusTwoFace, Org, and Mysteriousbluepuppet are not going to join you. With glum looks you decide to go search for them. As a group, of course. Can’t trust people going off on their own, no now.

At JanusTwoFace’s house you find the door locked. Circling around you eventually see him sitting at his table. You can clearly see the hole in his head, a track of dried blood down his face and brains splattered on the wall behind him. Shot last night, obviously. You break in and search around a bit. He’s still human, so not a monster. He has books on some ritual called the Subdual, and note indicate that he was some sort of Psychic Warden. I guess that explains the candle and chain lying on the table. Well, whatever powers he may have had certainly didn’t save him.

You go off to Org’s house next. No answer at the door, so you break in. You find him sprawled on the floor with multiple gunshots in his back. A burnt out candle on the table and a chain wrapped in his hand show that he, too, was a Psychic Warden. What was this, shoot the psychic night? In any case, he’s clearly dead.

You go off to find Mysteriousbluepuppet. The front door is locked, but the back door is open. Inside you find the house empty. However, there is a chair in the living room with blood splatters on it, and drops of blood that lead to the back door. This...this looks more like what the monsters do. On his bookshelves you find books about Telepathy and other psychic guides. Well, nothing you can do for him now, either.

You head back to the courthouse. Three dead last night, all psychics of some sort. What’s going on??

Day 2 ends ~5pm Pacific Monday.

I have decided what to do about extensions. You can now vote for Two extensions if you wish. If you do so, it's basically a vote to extend the day and the second vote is placed for an extension the next day. That'll be easy enough for me to track, and it'll let people try to extend for multiple days early if they really want/need to.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Day 2 - Death to Psychics!
« Reply #243 on: February 17, 2011, 03:02:13 pm »

Okay, whatever Vigilante shot Org, knock that shit off and don't do the lone-gun crap. Back when I was Doppleganger Vigilante in Para16, I only won that game because people allowed me to go off and do whatever I wanted, carte blanche, because I was a Vig. So if the Vig isn't a Dopp, they should probably claim in private to someone or something, otherwise they're pretty much an anti-town party.

Also, fuck losing both Wardens. That's gonna make it harder to identify claims as true or false, etc.

Suspicions and stuff when I finish my homework. I've put it off too long already. I'll be back tonight though.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
BLARG IM DED

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 17, 2011, 03:53:06 pm »

Book

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 17, 2011, 04:01:53 pm »

I REALLY think we should mass claim. With a little luck at this point, we might catch a scum. And with a claimed Medium, we can learn more about the dead player's actions.

Book, let's start with you. I notice you haven't been doing any scumhunting since you started arguing with Webadict about stupid shit. Why is that?

PPE: Very eloquently worded, Webadict. Would you like to at least bring forth a reasoning? It would be a rehash, sure, but I want to see your #1 reason for voting Book.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 17, 2011, 04:30:00 pm »

I remain against Ottofar, presently.

Webadict, has anything changed between yesterday and now in your vote for Book?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 17, 2011, 04:38:05 pm »

Hooray, it seems that the ten thousand word essays died down somewhat.  From yesterday:
So, you're saying you want to request a shortening, but don't want to be seen as scummy?

I'd call that protecting your image, pal. Be scum less?
So yeah, I guess I object to extending.
I think this is actually very damning.  You didn't even aknowledge webadict's post while doing that, Book.

It's also weird how you decided to end the day with Janus one vote ahead when several people had mentioned the possibility of an enchanter.

Dude, get over yourself. Shortening is not the same as objecting to extend, and it was typing out the response to Janus that convinced me. Meph also seemed to want to extend for 48hrs, which I think is excessive, hence I objected.
Tautology...

The entire kook thing is bullshit, incidentally.  There have been paranormal games with 2 kooks in the past.  The chance of it happening is NOT the chance of one of them being scum, and even if it were, 2 lynches for a 67% chance to hit scum is actually terrible.  And I don't like chainlynches that involve lynching town first ("If he's scum, then he's his partner" is better, since it at least involves getting scum.  "If he's town, this other guy is scum" is not acceptable).

Okay, whatever Vigilante shot Org, knock that shit off and don't do the lone-gun crap.
I agree... losing Org is always a terrible loss to the game.  What will we do without his mad scumhunting skills??

Massclaim...  well, we're at 12 players, 4 dopps.  This'd probably be our last freelynch.  I wouldn't be against it if someone has information they think would be helpful.

I think I would like to know which of Argembarger, Dariush, Jokerman-EXE and Pandarsenic is an enchanter, though, and why they decided to allow a no lynch.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2011, 04:50:48 pm »

Jokerman:  Personally, I smell exty with combat camo.  What makes you say two vigs over that?

These four:
I think I would like to know which of Argembarger, Dariush, Jokerman-EXE and Pandarsenic is an enchanter, though, and why they decided to allow a no lynch.

Absolutely.  Fess up.

My gut still says Book is stinky, but I want to reread this first.  For now, Book, who do you say the scum is?

Massclaim:  Meh.  You wouldn't get anything from me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2011, 05:06:44 pm »

Book, let's start with you. I notice you haven't been doing any scumhunting since you started arguing with Webadict about stupid shit. Why is that?

Book

Heh. Toaster, where are you? Are you going to vote me too? I find it funny that I'm voted specifically by those I mentioned on my scumpicks yesterday:
You are scum. Unvote Toaster, vote Webadict. But I still think Toaster is scummy. My next picks, for those keeping track, are Mr.Person, and Org.

But yeah, I agree I didn't hunt as much yesterday after wuba started his tunnel... those walls of text are distracting and take a long time to read and write. Still, I'd dispute that I didn't do any.

My suspicions from D1 remain, though:
- Toaster: I still don't trust your claim, and according to wuba's numbers, it has a 67% chance of being fake.
- Wuba: I find your tunnel suspicious, and your numbers suspect. Your failure to defend them is also suspect, as is your entirely unreasonable reads of things like this, which Janus called you on, to cite one of many examples. I don't buy it. You are scummy.
- Person: Your participation has been limited to two bloody enormous walls of text, and endless "arguing about stupid shit", as you put it. You are not committed to finding scum, and your arguments and lurking are suspicious as well.

But we have a new contender!

So, you're saying you want to request a shortening, but don't want to be seen as scummy?
I'd call that protecting your image, pal. Be scum less?
I think this is actually very damning.  You didn't even aknowledge webadict's post while doing that, Book.
It's also weird how you decided to end the day with Janus one vote ahead when several people had mentioned the possibility of an enchanter.
I didn't shorten the day, any more than the dozen people who didn't request an extension. It ended when it was scheduled to end. I didn't extend for the reasons I listed: The result seemed settled and discussion had died down, so let the game take its course. I didn't acknowledge wuba's post because it didn't merit one, it was a patently ridiculous reading of my post. And every game has a possibility of an enchanter; I didn't know one existed any more than you did (but maybe I assume to much? Did you?)

The entire kook thing is bullshit, incidentally.  There have been paranormal games with 2 kooks in the past.  The chance of it happening is NOT the chance of one of them being scum, and even if it were, 2 lynches for a 67% chance to hit scum is actually terrible.  And I don't like chainlynches that involve lynching town first ("If he's scum, then he's his partner" is better, since it at least involves getting scum.  "If he's town, this other guy is scum" is not acceptable).
That's not what I said. I didn't vote for Ottofar, and never advocated chainlynches. If you read the last comment of the day, you'll see I say it would be interesting, but that I wouldn't vote for it. If one of the kook claimants happens to die, though, and does indeed flip kook, then by wuba's numbers the other one does have a 67% chance of being scum, and should die next. If a claimant dies and flips scum, the other one would be pretty much confirmed. Do you agree with Wuba's numbers?

Once again, you agree with wuba's pantently ridiculous and disingenuous interpretation of my post, putting words in my mouth that I never said.

The fact that you can't even be bothered to come up with original points is even more troublesome. You try to use his points to make a retarded spurious case based on falsehoods so you can jump on a bandwagon. I'm now pretty sure you are scum, Leafsnail.

In addition, Pandar, Dariush and Argembarger have also seemed lurky and uncommitted, would like to see more of them.

Some questions:

Toaster: You voted Janus for finding your claim suspicious, and he would have hanged for it. Do you think your voting him was justified? Who else is on your scum list? People calling you suspicious?

Wuba: Do you or do you not stand by your earlier numbers? If you do, would you or would you not vote to lynch someone who has a 67% chance of being scum?

Person: Why do you push for a mass claim? If you are so sure, shouldn't you start? How would a medium be so helpful? The wardens don't know their target's alignment, certainly didn't block the dopp kill, and wouldn't know their killer. At most we could get something useful from MBP, though, but if he has the information and posts it in deadchat, I'm sure the medium will claim without your prompting. Please justify your request. Also, what are your current reads on Toaster, Wuba and JimG?

Pandar:
I still feel Ottofar deserves the lynch but if it's necessary to avoid potential lynchfuckery (e.g. JanusTwoFace is a Doppelganger Enchanter and switches to Ottofar last minute) I'm willing to switch Ottofar to him to make sure nothing explodes.
And then you didn't, which caused the nolynch. It clearly was "necessary to avoid lynchfuckery", so why didn't you? Who are your top picks?

Dariush: Lurk less. Who are your top picks and why? What's your read on Ottofar, Argembarger and Leafsnail?

Argembarger: You also were very lurky and noncomittal, and went hard after Org. If you were an enchanter, would you have prevented the lynch? What's your read of Pandar, Leafsnail and Person?

The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 17, 2011, 05:21:09 pm »

Correction by way of post:

- Toaster: I still don't trust your claim, and according to wuba's numbers, it has a 67% chance of being fake if Ottofar dies and flips town.

Also Leafsnail: this is the post where I objected to extend, and the one where I mention that a kook dying would be interesting. Please point out in context if my reasons for allowing the day end as scheduled are bogus, or where I ask for chainlynching anyone.

Since you're here:
- Do you think an Extension specifically now is helpful? Why / why not?
Not particularly, people seem pretty set on lynching either you or Ottofar, and both seem sensible choices to me (though Toaster or Wuba would be better, it doesn't seem like it'll happen today). If that's what's going to happen anyway, let it happen sooner rather than later. We don't seem to have much discussion going at the moment either. I also agree that if you do manage to survive, this will be hashed and rehashed to a pulp tomorrow...

You would want one of the Kooks lynched, so that you can chainlynch the other one.
This is interesting. By your own numbers, there are 4/3 expected kooks, yes? So if we lynch Ottofar, and he does indeed flip kook, then it means there's a 2/3 chance that Toaster is indeed flakeclaiming. It would be an interesting development.

But no, I'm not going to vote Ottofar, as I don't think him that scummy (I've read others' arguments, but didn't find them convincing). We'll deal with whatever remains of the kook business tomorrow.

You finally suggest the Shortening since I pointed out not doing so is scummy.
Dude, get over yourself. Shortening is not the same as objecting to extend, and it was typing out the response to Janus that convinced me. Meph also seemed to want to extend for 48hrs, which I think is excessive, hence I objected.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #251 on: February 17, 2011, 05:32:36 pm »

Copying PM's from Meph is forbidden, but is copying PMs between players allowed?

Janus contacted me last night, and I'm willing to post the dialogue if I am allowed to. I presume Janus contacted the other three potential enchanters, as well.

For the short answer, though: I am not an enchanter.

Ottofar: Two vig, or camo ext + vig? Top 3 scumpicks? Why so lazy?

Pandar, Jokerman, Dariush: Did Janus contact you last night?

Toaster, are you saying you would refuse to massclaim, or that your roleclaim wouldn't help anyone? Your language is somewhat ambiguous, and since Kook is just a trait you most likely still have unrevealed information.

Also, what makes this seem like combat camo exty to you?

Ah, PPE:
Argembarger: You also were very lurky and noncomittal, and went hard after Org. If you were an enchanter, would you have prevented the lynch? What's your read of Pandar, Leafsnail and Person?

I was heavily lurky over the weekend, but c'mon, it was Valentine's weekend. At any rate, I'm here now. Do you think I've been lurky lately?

Also, noncommittal? How so? I took a pretty strong stance against Ottofar, and I'm gonna wait for his response today to decide if I should keep that stance or not. Also, funny that you say I went "hard after Org" since I was accused of not going hard enough on him:

Argem:  I meant either a vote or further probing.  Fair enough re your question to him: I just didn't feel like you really pressed that attack.

But moving on. If I was an enchanter, I would absolutely have ensured there was a lynch. First of all, there's no logical reason to PREVENT a lynch on Day 1 that I can think of. It's really dumb, actually. Plus, it exposes the fact that there IS an enchanter right off the bat. The whole point of enchanter is to lay low until intervention is necessary, right? Town enchanter gets targeted to be killed, scum enchanter gets targeted to be lynched.

Dariush: you seem to me the most likely to have caused a no-lynch. This is because you and I are the newest players among the potential enchanters, and I know I didn't do it. So did you, and why??

Pandar still seems pretty active-lurky to me, even with his most recent post. He's a bit on the scum side of the sliding scale, if you ask me. He threw up a minor wall of text when I called him out on it, but I'm fairly certain he totally ignored me in that post and so I'd actually like to re-ask the question.

Pandar, could I get a concise list of scumpicks?

Leafsnail I actually don't have much on, so I guess he's neutral. I'll look over his posts and see if that opinion still holds.

Person has been laying out useful walls of text. Been fairly gung-ho about it, actually. My gut leans town for him.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 17, 2011, 05:43:05 pm »

Copying PM's from Meph is forbidden, but is copying PMs between players allowed?

Yes.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 17, 2011, 06:12:38 pm »

I was in League of Legends at the time of the last day's end; the game ended at 5:03 and the thread quite literally locked while I was looking at it.

Janus DID, however, contact me.

Are you the Enchanter? If you are, why did you save me?

Followed by:

I am not an Enchanter, I assure you. The last thing the town needed was no lynch at all.
Bah. Agreed.

I asked all four of the people voting Ottofar, so we'll either find the Enchanter (and ask why tomorrow) or find a liar.

I'm going to claim now, however; to make up for my failure to move my vote and to prevent today from getting locked on Janus again, I shot him to lay the matter to rest. As you can see, he was NOT a vig and I probably should've shot Ottofar instead, but there you have it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #254 on: February 17, 2011, 06:16:19 pm »

Yes.

Cool. Thanks.

Are you the Enchanter? If you are, why did you save me?
Nope. Sorry.

I kind of wish I was, though. We'd have ended Day 1 with a lynch instead of this nonsense.
I do agree.

This is going to cause all sorts of issues tomorrow. :-\

PPE: Vig, really? Well, I guess that accounts for 1/2 the vigkills.

Please stop ignoring my questions, by the way.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40