Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 125010 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18
« Reply #225 on: February 15, 2011, 06:33:17 pm »

I meant real tomorrow.  I thought we'd already agreed to a 48 hour extension.

Extension.

Hey, NativeForeigner, please only quote the bit of my post that's relevant, not the whole thing.

Anyway,
No, not a tell. At least not a good one. Just something warranting attention. I turned my attention away from you because there's other BS going on that's more important (in my opinion) than this little back and forth we're having about my previous lurkiness.
...I'm not attacking you due to lurkiness now.  It was actually active lurking and passivity in the first place, and now it's changed.

And uh... why move your vote to someone else while quoting just one of their arguments and saying their reasoning is flimsy without saying why they're scummy?

I, uh, did follow up? No, it's dirtying my name and trying to make it seem like I'm only participating or following up because I'm afraid of getting found out. That's not the case, at all.
Then why unvote only when you think I no longer respect you?  Ok, you're claiming that Book's "flimsy reasoning" is so important it meant you had to switch your vote to him.  But why was I suddenly not thought of as scummy?

Yes, hehehe, I Org was Org. He stuck flawlessly to his meta. I saw no benefit in pushing him on that matter. I did, however, see benefit in pushing him on the current matter. Seriously, stop selective-reading.
It's not selective.  You said quite clearly that people should follow up on things they think are bad answers, and that you didn't follow up on what you thought was a bad answer from Org.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 15, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »

As a random side note, quoting entire posts like that isn't really helpful. If you have the time/inclination to pull apart the posts into multiple quotes and respond to specific parts, that's great.

Otherwise, just link or refer to the specific parts you are referring to.

Easier to read at the very least.
Spoilers too. Otherwise, break it down and answer it post by post. It's easier to follow, even if it is long.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #227 on: February 15, 2011, 06:38:58 pm »

Also, Janus, way to demonstrate the Blackmailing The Town scumtell. Real smooth. Real classy. Fantastically pro-town.
Once again, it's saving the town the crap my survival would bring tomororw. Vote me and object to the Extension if you don't believe me. I really don't mind.

Heck, if you're really worried about me switching my vote, do it anyways.

PPE: Janus, you give me far too much credit in my ability to hold the game up. Me just going inactive for a day wouldn't make the whole thing grind to a halt, I assure you.
It wouldn't hold the game up, but it's a good way to screw over whichever team you're aligned with as people insta-lynch you in reaction. And it's not a very good 'test'. I'm sure that most players would have reacted as Jim did. I probably would have had I been around before he was.

Extension.
:(
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 15, 2011, 06:51:11 pm »

No, it was simply agreed that 48 hour extensions should be possible.

Having both 24 and 48 hour extensions is getting annoying to track, though. So maybe I'll just make all extensions 48 hours and save myself the headache. People can always Shorten if they think a day is dragging.

There are currently 3 votes to extend (Panda, I already had you as voting for a Double Extension). 4 total votes will extend the day by 48 hours.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Book

• Bay Watcher
  • The Situation being: you ain't confoosed, yo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 15, 2011, 06:59:13 pm »

Having both 24 and 48 hour extensions is getting annoying to track, though. So maybe I'll just make all extensions 48 hours and save myself the headache. People can always Shorten if they think a day is dragging.

I prefer the 24 hour extensions, and get rid of the doubles. Maybe just have more than the current maximum two possible. If the extension is needed is because people are posting, if they are posting, they can request another one. Extension to lurk? Hell no.

I prefer agile games. If people extend 48 hours and then conversation dwindles 12-24 hours in, no one will request a shorten, as it would be seen as scummy, they will just let the game drag on for a useless day.
Quote from: Toaster
Daykill Book is the new Vengekill Pandarsenic.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

"G.T.L. baby: Gym, Tanning, Laundry." -- The Situation

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 15, 2011, 07:02:14 pm »

I prefer the 24 hour extensions, and get rid of the doubles. Maybe just have more than the current maximum two possible. If the extension is needed is because people are posting, if they are posting, they can request another one. Extension to lurk? Hell no.

I prefer agile games. If people extend 48 hours and then conversation dwindles 12-24 hours in, no one will request a shorten, as it would be seen as scummy, they will just let the game drag on for a useless day.
So, you're saying you want to request a shortening, but don't want to be seen as scummy?

I'd call that protecting your image, pal. Be scum less?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #231 on: February 15, 2011, 07:03:18 pm »

That's actually pretty much my problem with longer days and longer Extensions. If people are going to lurk until the end of the day, they're going to lurk until the end of the day no matter how far off it is. Also people that plan to post 'eventually'. Eventually doesn't come until they get forced to either post or not by the end of the day.

I would anyways. (Same with my objection to the Extension). Of course I'm about to be lynched anyways, so it doesn't hurt to look more scummy.

Since you're here:
- Do you think an Extension specifically now is helpful? Why / why not?

So, you're saying you want to request a shortening, but don't want to be seen as scummy?

I'd call that protecting your image, pal. Be scum less?
Is that really how you're going to read that?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 15, 2011, 07:15:11 pm »

I'll state that I don't want to see 48 hour extensions for the same reasons Book and JTF outlined. 48 hours push deadlines too far back to really spur anybody into action.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 15, 2011, 07:15:43 pm »

Since you're here:
Not particularly, people seem pretty set on lynching either you or Ottofar, and both seem sensible choices to me (though Toaster or Wuba would be better, it doesn't seem like it'll happen today). If that's what's going to happen anyway, let it happen sooner rather than later. We don't seem to have much discussion going at the moment either. I also agree that if you do manage to survive, this will be hashed and rehashed to a pulp tomorrow...

So yeah, I guess I object to extending.
The ability to travel through time and space is insignificant next to the power of flavor.

webadict is, by far, the coolest person ever. There is no way I could ever be cooler than webadict.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #234 on: February 15, 2011, 07:17:40 pm »

I also agree that if you do manage to survive, this will be hashed and rehashed to a pulp tomorrow...
That'd be exactly what I'm trying to avoid.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 15, 2011, 07:27:46 pm »

Since you're here:
Not particularly, people seem pretty set on lynching either you or Ottofar, and both seem sensible choices to me (though Toaster or Wuba would be better, it doesn't seem like it'll happen today). If that's what's going to happen anyway, let it happen sooner rather than later. We don't seem to have much discussion going at the moment either. I also agree that if you do manage to survive, this will be hashed and rehashed to a pulp tomorrow...

So yeah, I guess I object to extending.
You would want one of the Kooks lynched, so that you can chainlynch the other one.
You would want me lynched because you're OMGUSing.
You finally suggest the Shortening since I pointed out not doing so is scummy.
Also, I see you care about who is lynched, what with the Shortening while Janus is being lynched, despite you not wanting Janus lynched.

Scumbucket.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2011, 07:29:47 pm »

*sigh* Two hours of Economics lecturing has killed my initial fiery rage at you angry cockbiters. I want to hear from Mr.P concerning my last post. And:

Book: Is there any particular order to your scumpicks? I saw the list, and I appreciate that you made it publicly and all - I am following it, after all.

Org: In all seriousness, have you founded any other suspicions other than Janus? What's your take on the other conversations going on? And please, give me an actual post to work with so we can get some discussion going, or I'll vote you just to clear the air.

Dariush: You're absent for that long, and there's this much discussion, and that's all you have to say? Really? Active lurking and, for the cliche, yes, that is sort of a bandwagon. I'd like your top two scumpicks, reasons, and your take on the conversations that are going on right now.

Pandar: DURR HURR UR LURKING LOL STOP LURKING DURRRRRRRRRR

Janus: So after everything that's been said and all the conversation, you're still sure that Org is scum? If not, then why is your vote still there, doing nothing? Dropping a vote and then leaving it, without even really attacking Org as much as you are others, raises a few flags for me.
Janus is just mad.
Like always. At this point, especially in games with Janus, it never matters who is scum, only that Org gets lynched.
I find that the best way to counter this is to fuck with him. Like last game. Haha.

Oh yeah, go fuck yourself Janus. :3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2011, 07:36:46 pm »

*sigh* Two hours of Economics lecturing has killed my initial fiery rage at you angry cockbiters. I want to hear from Mr.P concerning my last post. And:

Book: Is there any particular order to your scumpicks? I saw the list, and I appreciate that you made it publicly and all - I am following it, after all.

Org: In all seriousness, have you founded any other suspicions other than Janus? What's your take on the other conversations going on? And please, give me an actual post to work with so we can get some discussion going, or I'll vote you just to clear the air.

Dariush: You're absent for that long, and there's this much discussion, and that's all you have to say? Really? Active lurking and, for the cliche, yes, that is sort of a bandwagon. I'd like your top two scumpicks, reasons, and your take on the conversations that are going on right now.

Pandar: DURR HURR UR LURKING LOL STOP LURKING DURRRRRRRRRR

Janus: So after everything that's been said and all the conversation, you're still sure that Org is scum? If not, then why is your vote still there, doing nothing? Dropping a vote and then leaving it, without even really attacking Org as much as you are others, raises a few flags for me.
Janus is just mad.
Like always. At this point, especially in games with Janus, it never matters who is scum, only that Org gets lynched.
I find that the best way to counter this is to fuck with him. Like last game. Haha.

Oh yeah, go fuck yourself Janus. :3
Org. I hope someone kills you tonight. That is all.

Book

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2011, 07:37:52 pm »

You would want one of the Kooks lynched, so that you can chainlynch the other one.
This is interesting. By your own numbers, there are 4/3 expected kooks, yes? So if we lynch Ottofar, and he does indeed flip kook, then it means there's a 2/3 chance that Toaster is indeed flakeclaiming. It would be an interesting development.

But no, I'm not going to vote Ottofar, as I don't think him that scummy (I've read others' arguments, but didn't find them convincing). We'll deal with whatever remains of the kook business tomorrow.

Dude, get over yourself. Shortening is not the same as objecting to extend, and it was typing out the response to Janus that convinced me. Meph also seemed to want to extend for 48hrs, which I think is excessive, hence I objected.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 15, 2011, 07:48:57 pm »

This is interesting. By your own numbers, there are 4/3 expected kooks, yes? So if we lynch Ottofar, and he does indeed flip kook, then it means there's a 2/3 chance that Toaster is indeed flakeclaiming. It would be an interesting development.

But no, I'm not going to vote Ottofar, as I don't think him that scummy (I've read others' arguments, but didn't find them convincing). We'll deal with whatever remains of the kook business tomorrow.
Thank you for admitting that you wish to chainlynch the Kooks.

Dude, get over yourself. Shortening is not the same as objecting to extend, and it was typing out the response to Janus that convinced me. Meph also seemed to want to extend for 48hrs, which I think is excessive, hence I objected.
Yes it is. You don't want the game to be Extended, so you are ending the Day. The Day ends in 12 minutes. It doesn't really get shorter than that, does it, scumbo?
If it ends in anything but Janus being lynched today, then your neck is also on the line.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40