Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Round 18 - Game Over  (Read 125021 times)

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Mafia Round 18
« Reply #210 on: February 15, 2011, 05:25:35 pm »

You get a wasted lynch.
Emotional appeal.
No lynch is a wasted lynch. No matter the outcome, you always get some information.

I enjoy arguing with Book right now. I feel like I can show he's scum as well. Since I'm alive today, I can do that. I might not be alive tomorrow.
Here's hoping.

And you're kicking up enough crap that, even if you are town, I'm guessing the scum will leave you just for that.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 15, 2011, 05:49:59 pm »

You get a wasted lynch.
Emotional appeal.
No lynch is a wasted lynch. No matter the outcome, you always get some information.
A No Lynch is a wasted lynch, though.

I enjoy arguing with Book right now. I feel like I can show he's scum as well. Since I'm alive today, I can do that. I might not be alive tomorrow.
Here's hoping.

And you're kicking up enough crap that, even if you are town, I'm guessing the scum will leave you just for that.
Are you saying Book is Town?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #212 on: February 15, 2011, 05:55:59 pm »

A No Lynch is a wasted lynch, though.
At any point other than MYLO, yes. Reading that I realized the potential problem with my phrasing.

No. But right now, I'd say he's mid to low on the scum scale.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2011, 05:58:38 pm »

No. But right now, I'd say he's mid to low on the scum scale.
Care to give us a full range of people on that scale? I'd be interested to know what you think about Ottofar.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2011, 05:58:48 pm »

The Whiteboard
Book: NativeForeigner
JanusTwoFace: Jim Groovester, Mr.Person, Org, Toaster, webadict
Mysteriousbluepuppet: Ottofar
NativeForeigner: Leafsnail
Org: JanusTwoFace
Ottofar: Argembarger, Dariush, Jokerman-EXE, Pandarsenic
Toaster: Mysteriousbluepuppet
webadict: Book

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There are 2 votes for a Double Extension. 4 votes total will extend the day to ~5pm Pacific Thursday. Extension votes can be for regular or double extensions.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:04:41 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2011, 06:02:53 pm »

Jim Groovester's voting Janus, Meph. Just a heads-up.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2011, 06:04:26 pm »

Huh. Not sure what happened there. I'll update the VC.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2011, 06:08:33 pm »

There has always been at least one Kook. there will always be at least one Kook.

He asserts a falsehood as truth, and claims to have knowledge he doesn't have. Those are clear, blatant, scummy lies. But I'll let Meph confirm, maybe I'm wrong, and we'll indeed always have a kook.
It's hyperbole, but most games do seem to have a kook, and I don't think 2 kooks is hugely unlikely with 15 players.

More seriously, I think that your original RV on Argembarger was leading. It sounded like you were trying to trick him into saying he was scum which is, in itself, a scummy way to question.
If I actually were able to trick people into admitting their guilt I'd probably be in the courts rather than here.  It was more of a "see if they flip out over nothing" question.

I don't think it was overexplanation, my thoughts on webadict are complex. I needed all of it to get my point across.
Yes, they make sense in that answer.  But... you were being asked about a previous event, and you didn't bring up most of those reasons then.

I...never unvoted...
Ah yes, I forgot you don't vote.
and what else was I supposed to say about active-lurking? "I'm not. Totally not at all."? I just found it odd that you left it at that and moved on to others (which I know now weren't actual full posts). The least I expected was for you to say something regarding what you think are crap responses. That's usually something you follow up on.
I am and have.  Hence my vote on you.

Not necessarily lynched, not yet anyway. But you're getting close and you seem most deserving of my attention right now.
So uh... do something about it?

I'm calling bullshit on that. What proof do you have that I wasn't going to follow up on that? If it's insufficient or interesting, I'll follow up. You saying "you will now because I pointed it out" just goes to show you're only trying to dirty my name and so far, I've only known scum to do that.
He says while uh, not following up on them.  And I haven't been dirtying your name so much as pointing out why you're scum.

As for the previous questions, nothing interesting popped up. Org gave a useless answer and made it apparent that I wouldn't give much with it and Book answered sufficiently. Aside from that, I realized there wasn't much to actually gain from those questions, so I decided to abandon them.
The least I expected was for you to say something regarding what you think are crap responses. That's usually something you follow up on.
Hehehe.

I could have just as easily said 'not a reason at all.' Seems like we're splitting hairs here and talking about the same thing.
Fair enough, seems I just misread that.

MBP. Flimsy reasoning, taken the game's been going on this long. Seriously. The kook claim was a bad reason in RVS already, and now it is even worse.
Does flimsy reasoning make you scum?  If so, how?

I voted him because I saw no reason for him to be content with my response. I wasn't even content with it. But that matter is over with, so unvote for now.

What?  You made a response so bad that apparently being content with it would be a scumtell (not how it actually happened, but whatever) but it's all good because now... the same person is content with it?  What?

So I'm only scum when you think I might be attacking you?

...Yeah, I'm sortof tunneling here, but quite frankly I feel like it's too late to read all those WoTs today.  I'll try and get a proper suspicion list tomorrow.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »

...Yeah, I'm sortof tunneling here, but quite frankly I feel like it's too late to read all those WoTs today.  I'll try and get a proper suspicion list tomorrow.
... Then ask for an Extension?

Is that seriously your reason for not reading them?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #219 on: February 15, 2011, 06:18:55 pm »

You'll try to get a suspicion list put together during the night? for real? Instead of today?

Gonna wait and adjust your opinion based on the night result? That doesn't help anyone right now.

Why not just extend?

PPE. Ninja'd. Yeah.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 15, 2011, 06:19:44 pm »

Extension, because people apparently require it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #221 on: February 15, 2011, 06:25:56 pm »

Spoiler: Scumlists (click to show/hide)

That'd be the exact problem with 40,000+ charcter posts... :-\

Extension, because people apparently require it.
    What people require it? What will they do with it?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #222 on: February 15, 2011, 06:26:24 pm »

There has always been at least one Kook. there will always be at least one Kook.

He asserts a falsehood as truth, and claims to have knowledge he doesn't have. Those are clear, blatant, scummy lies. But I'll let Meph confirm, maybe I'm wrong, and we'll indeed always have a kook.
    It's hyperbole, but most games do seem to have a kook, and I don't think 2 kooks is hugely unlikely with 15 players.

More seriously, I think that your original RV on Argembarger was leading. It sounded like you were trying to trick him into saying he was scum which is, in itself, a scummy way to question.
    If I actually were able to trick people into admitting their guilt I'd probably be in the courts rather than here.  It was more of a "see if they flip out over nothing" question.

I don't think it was overexplanation, my thoughts on webadict are complex. I needed all of it to get my point across.
    Yes, they make sense in that answer.  But... you were being asked about a previous event, and you didn't bring up most of those reasons then.

I...never unvoted...
    Ah yes, I forgot you don't vote.
    and what else was I supposed to say about active-lurking? "I'm not. Totally not at all."? I just found it odd that you left it at that and moved on to others (which I know now weren't actual full posts). The least I expected was for you to say something regarding what you think are crap responses. That's usually something you follow up on.
    I am and have.  Hence my vote on you.

Not necessarily lynched, not yet anyway. But you're getting close and you seem most deserving of my attention right now.
    So uh... do something about it?

I'm calling bullshit on that. What proof do you have that I wasn't going to follow up on that? If it's insufficient or interesting, I'll follow up. You saying "you will now because I pointed it out" just goes to show you're only trying to dirty my name and so far, I've only known scum to do that.
    He says while uh, not following up on them.  And I haven't been dirtying your name so much as pointing out why you're scum.

As for the previous questions, nothing interesting popped up. Org gave a useless answer and made it apparent that I wouldn't give much with it and Book answered sufficiently. Aside from that, I realized there wasn't much to actually gain from those questions, so I decided to abandon them.
    The least I expected was for you to say something regarding what you think are crap responses. That's usually something you follow up on.
    Hehehe.

I could have just as easily said 'not a reason at all.' Seems like we're splitting hairs here and talking about the same thing.
    Fair enough, seems I just misread that.

MBP. Flimsy reasoning, taken the game's been going on this long. Seriously. The kook claim was a bad reason in RVS already, and now it is even worse.
    Does flimsy reasoning make you scum?  If so, how?

I voted him because I saw no reason for him to be content with my response. I wasn't even content with it. But that matter is over with, so unvote for now.

What?  You made a response so bad that apparently being content with it would be a scumtell (not how it actually happened, but whatever) but it's all good because now... the same person is content with it?  What?

So I'm only scum when you think I might be attacking you?

No, not a tell. At least not a good one. Just something warranting attention. I turned my attention away from you because there's other BS going on that's more important (in my opinion) than this little back and forth we're having about my previous lurkiness.

I'm aware that you were voting me for my active-lurking, it was the fact that you just kind of left it without doing anything else. (Granted, I didn't give you time for a full post before I said something about it).

I, uh, did follow up? No, it's dirtying my name and trying to make it seem like I'm only participating or following up because I'm afraid of getting found out. That's not the case, at all.

Yes, hehehe, I Org was Org. He stuck flawlessly to his meta. I saw no benefit in pushing him on that matter. I did, however, see benefit in pushing him on the current matter. Seriously, stop selective-reading.
    Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
    Quit being such a dick, you dick.
    Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
    • murbleblarg
      • View Profile
      • jverkamp.com
    « Reply #223 on: February 15, 2011, 06:29:38 pm »

As a random side note, quoting entire posts like that isn't really helpful. If you have the time/inclination to pull apart the posts into multiple quotes and respond to specific parts, that's great.

Otherwise, just link or refer to the specific parts you are referring to.

Easier to read at the very least.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
    • FABULOUS Gunslinger
      • View Profile
    « Reply #224 on: February 15, 2011, 06:30:41 pm »

Also, Janus, way to demonstrate the Blackmailing The Town scumtell. Real smooth. Real classy. Fantastically pro-town.

I still feel Ottofar deserves the lynch but if it's necessary to avoid potential lynchfuckery (e.g. JanusTwoFace is a Doppelganger Enchanter and switches to Ottofar last minute) I'm willing to switch Ottofar to him to make sure nothing explodes. And I can't see any other reason he'd object to an extension....

PPE: Janus, you give me far too much credit in my ability to hold the game up. Me just going inactive for a day wouldn't make the whole thing grind to a halt, I assure you.

PPE2: Now there's something I can agree with, Janus.
    KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
    Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
    YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
    [Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
    Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
    Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40