Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 530116 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Pretty much. The one I just checked, well, he had memories of this place intact to a certain degree. As well as a hologram that spoke with twelve voices at once."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Yeah, let's not do that. Who's for breaking any armor like that when we see it?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Technically, we just have to 'kill' the armour rather than the occupant inside it." Taric snapped his fingers* "Do we a have a container of some sorts?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"What kind of container are we talking about? I have this data storage drive and, um, you could... probably use the helmet if you had to," Dom suggested. She didn't really want to but as far as containers went the drive and Saun's helmet was all they had.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well, Saun'll be glad it's being used to kill someone painfully. I'm going to scoop up some of the ants in it, psionically agitate them then pour them on a victim"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"If you're going to do that, dude, keep the helmet FAR the fuck away from me," Dom said. She had never liked bugs in the first place - she wasn't scared of them, she just didn't like them - and those ants were another story entirely.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"You know, that's just asking me to put them in your shower :3"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"That's just asking me to rip your jaw off and disembowel you with your teeth, then break your spine at right angles so you can kiss your own ass with what's left of your face," Dom responded.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Can't you put my head on the other side?" :3

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

"Taricus, keep that helmet away from me or I'll redirect my next Ichneumon into your face."
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Dom sighed and shook her head. "Dude, all I'm going to say about that is if you don't have a lower jaw it's going to be hard to do anything like that. That and your spine will be broken in so many places I doubt you... No, you know what? I'm done with that line of thought."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Alright, I'll put it in someone else's shower. Or bed. Or toilet" >:3

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Draignan, I'm full aware they can't hew through steel. I also realize we're not going to be able to vacuum-seal the door we just screwed up, and there may very well be room for the ants to slip through.
*misunderstanding facepalm*

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Draignan, I'm full aware they can't hew through steel. I also realize we're not going to be able to vacuum-seal the door we just screwed up, and there may very well be room for the ants to slip through.
*misunderstanding facepalm*

First, you can't vacuum seal it but you can get damn close, close enough that it doesn't matter. The circuit that powers the electro-magnet that locks the door has been burned through, not the entire door.

Second, closing the door to Mavaren gardens would only serve to exacerbate the problem by locking yourself in a rapidly cooling room while the ants continue to spill into the main of the complex, which was the primary source of the facepalm.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Dominique Wakeman & Tarran Smith

Dom finished her work on Tarran, put the medkit away, and walked out into the corridor. "Oh, fuck that," she said upon seeing the ants. She immediately moved to the other door and started wrenching it closed; she wasn't about to let those insect assholes get down here, too.
"OW! DOM, GODDAMMIT PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TAKE SOME LESSONS IN CAREFULNESS. Urgh. Anyway, we really should close that door. Now."

Close the door to the outside, quick.

[Int 4, Dex 2, Fight 2+1, Luck 2 +5 34/20 (+10 HP)] Dom finish up patching the wounds -the ones that she created- on Tarran and starts to pack up as Harry hauls the protesting door the rest of the way open. Cautiously Dominique takes point with Harry and walk into the corridor, there's a little light coming in from the corridor leading back up to the chapel but once again you don't really feel you need it that much. At least not to tell you that floor is covered in very confused ants.

Cursing like a fluent day laborer she purposefully steps on an as many of them as she can while stepping across the hall to close the door. Tarran despite just having been patched follows her out, crunching across a surprising number of ants himself on the way over. [Dominique Str 2+1+1 + P.Kinetics 4+1 + Tarran Strength 2 + p.Kinetics 2+1 Vs Difficulty 4 Pass] The two of you manage to slide the door to the chapel hall shut easily, pushing it together as tight as you can. Without activating the magnetics you won't be able to lock it together, but that's hardly a problem. Ants aren't famous for their door opening abilities.

---

James Evan

"OH, !@#$! NOT THE ANTS AGAIN!" James frantically helped them close the door securely. "Guys! A mesed up door like this isn't going to hold them in very well! It's only going to be a bit of a distraction! We need something hot or explosive, or one of you use those psionic powers of yours!"

You panic wildly like a chicken with its head cut off, running into the corridor and jumping up and down on the ants on the floor. In hindsight keeping your cool might have been a better option, still this is awfully cathartic.

---

Taric Sizier

"Well, Saun'll be glad it's being used to kill someone painfully. I'm going to scoop up some of the ants in it, psionically agitate them then pour them on a victim"

As an idea strikes you you take Sauns old helmet out of pack, judging by the smell you should have washed it when you had the chance back at the colony. You then attempt to herd the ants into the helmet, [Dex 4] through a combination of scaring and scooping you manage to collect almost a pound of ants. After that though it becomes more than difficulty to keep them in the helmet, you'll need a lid of some kind if you want to carry them in you pack.

(Helmet Half full of ants.)

---

Ashely Fey & Company

Assist in closing the door "whats the panic with the ants?"

The others seem to have the door closing thing under control, instead you make a few inquiries as to their strange aversion to ants. It would appear that they were, ridiculous as it seems, attacked by ants in the past. From what you hear it was fairly bad and they made it out with the help of a squad mate who is no longer present.

Status Warnings
Tarran is at <50% Health
Taric is at <50% Health

Temperature
45 F, Mavaren Gardens
70 F, Main Facility

Turn Notes,

Tarran is opening a door
Taric is collecting bugs.
Dominique is opening a door
Powder is killing ants

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 602