Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 602

Author Topic: Deviation-22. The End of All Things.  (Read 530053 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

"Sure thing." James went over and gave Tarran the ammo, then, nto having larned that this door isn't opening, repeatedly shot it with all of hsi weapons nd then pushed at it, shot it, push, shoot in a cycle."

Seriously?

You're going to shoot the Renfield, the Piru, and the Canister rifle at that door? While Dom and Tarran are directly in front of it?

Seriously?

(Also, for some reason my forum view is shot to hell and has lost all of its formatting. Can't seem to fix it so I'm hoping it's a bug that'll be squashed if I wait it out.)
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's a bug, shift-refresh solves it though.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Oh wait they're infront of it?
Well action change time, derp. James started pushing at the door.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh wait they're infront of it?
Well action change time, derp. James started pushing at the door.

I would admonish you for not looking at the map but I see that the link is broken, well it's fixed now.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

In addition, were you seriously going to try and break a metal door down with the Renfield? It's not made for that stuff, dude. It shoots tiny spikes, not explosive rounds.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I realize that. It's just sort of satisfying to shoot a door. I was more thinking the flechette and piru. I hadnt really thought of the Renfield.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, if you're going to shoot a door, don't expect me to give you guns or ammo ever again.

At all.

Even if you are completely out of ammo and we are fighting tough guys, I won't give you any ammo.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was running out of ideas >.>
Besides, my plan for James is to more have him beat crap up than shoot stuff. There is a reason I dump stated his Dex in favor of strength.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Harry tells everyone to give him room to work, and applies thermal paste to seperate the door from it's locking mechanism, with some brute force if required
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

DRAIGNEAN. It got onto the second page. D:<

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was visiting my aged grandmother and got back at 2AM last night, give me a break.

Updates for all today though.
---

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where are the updates for all?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Give him a freaking break, dude, he just finished Wraith's two teams' updates two hours ago.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where are the updates for all?

I've got two hours left before I'm late on the update, now shut up before I ship you and Taric together.
---

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran Smith

"I don't know if you can feel it or not, but we're slowly freezing to death. I think my impatience is justified. At least, this time it is. I'm not planning on becoming the latest caveman to be found in ice. As soon as we get out, you can work on me. Until then, HELP ME."

As the room continues to grow colder and Dom continues to work on your wounds instead of opening the door you start to voice your rising discomfort with the situation, freezing to death in the dark isn't the most appealing way to go. Your complaints however are answered by her calling you a wuss and flicking you in between the eyes.

You think she may have failed to properly grasp the gravity of the situation.

At least as a happy aside you see James reconsider blasting the door open out of the corner of your eye, instead he stuffs another set of clips in your pack. Well you can never have too much ammo.

---

Dominique Wakeman

"Well, if you'd stop moving around like an impatient asshole I could be done a lot quicker, boss," Dom said, menacing him with the stapler. "Hey, James? You mind grabbing that flechette rifle?" she yelled over her shoulder. "It might come in handy soon. Get the Jormungandr ammo too and give it to boss, he probably needs it."

While he's over there you yell at James to pick up the cannon and the ammunition from the dead immortals before turning back to Captain Whiny and finishing the job. [Int 1, Dex 3, Fight 2, Luck 3 +5 Treatment 18/20] You then learn an important lesson, don't talk while holding a pointy object. While you were craning back to yell at James you accidentally slash Tarran across the chest with the scalpel used to remove waste tissue. Damn, you really need to pay attention to these things... At least you've already got the stapler out, guess he just needs a few more.

---

Taric Sizier

See if I can grab the last memory from the Immortal. Regardless of whether that succeeds or not, kill the Immortal afterwards.

"Oh shut up about the cold, It's not that bad yet..."

After adding your own support to Dominique's denigration of Tarran's opinion you start working on teasing that last memory free. [A. Empathetics 5] You flow in and begin to lose a sense of individuality... you're alone in the darkness with only the remains of this mans brain. For a moment you don't think you're going to get it, and then it overwhelms you completely.

You're standing up in one of the deeper parts of the base, two Bio-suited immortals flank you while the hologram stands in front. It isn't any of the pre-programmed ones you know so well after having spent five years on this facility, this is something much different. Every feature of its face flows, seemingly passing through every combination of features at random. [P.empathetics: AutoFail through perk] You're unable to tell what you're feeling though, a curious grey area in otherwise complete sensory panorama. The hologram however pulls you away from that thought by opening its mouth, "You are here, you have come of your own free will.  Are you ready to give up this brief existence for one eternal?" The voice fits the figure, a dozen voices speaking at once, each shifting in timbre and pitch as the words come.

You nod your head up and down rapidly in lieu of answer, your mouth too dry to even attempt coherent speech. There is no other option but this, you can't go on hiding forever and life eternal sounds like a pretty sweet deal... you already practically bitched your soul out to the Church of the Virgin World by coming here, so how bad could this be? The hologram smiles, an unsettling expression helped little by being displayed on a different set of lips ever couple seconds. "Don the armor, it has shall live for you, and you for it..." At it's words a full suit of Bio-Armor is brought in, the back already primed for you to step in. The immortals at your elbows do not prod you forwards, instead they wait...

You take a breath and strip, standing there stark naked you hesitate for a moment, and then step into the armor. Anything to make it end. You shudder as the warm carapace folds in behind you protectively and the thousands of tiny feelers your face is pressed into pulse against your eyes. Overcoming your reflexes you open your eyes, allowing the feelers to get inside and wet-link to your optic nerve, the experience is harrowing as the tendrils creep into your skull. And then it all goes wrong.

The feelers twisting around your right eyeball surge forwards, stabbing into a portion of your brain. The pain overwhelms you and you fall twitching to the floor, thought is impossible and then you feel something else... Something unlike anything your mind has ever experienced. White hot fire courses through brain and nerve as the suit takes control of your body, you back arches one last time and then goes slack.

"Our life for the Father weave, Our Soul to the Father's care , Our Hands on the Father's work." The words come from your mouth, and you mean every drop of devotion in them. The hologram smiles again and inclines his head to you briefly. "Welcome my son, your brothers await you."

[Will: Autosuccess through perk] Gasping you wrench yourself out of the Immortal's mind and clutch your head where a fresh new migraine has bloomed, the pain is a hot star right along where the Immortal's brain had been obliterated by the suit's crude lobotomy tactic. You press the heels of your palms into your eyes and breathe slowly until the pain fades, then you unlimber the Frankenstein and flick it to single shot. Ending the Immortal's life with a peal of thunder.

---

James Evan

James started pushing at the door.

After picking up the canister launcher and some ammo for Tarran you feel your way back up to the door, nudging your way around Dom and Tarran to place your weight against the door's seem and start pushing it open. [Autofail: Maximum possible total does not meet minimum requirement.] Well you start trying to push it, after much manly grunting you finally give in and slump against the door. They just don't make these things easy anymore...

---

Ashley Fey and Jordan Grey

[Jordan Int 2 (Re-roll from implant=3+1), Dex 2, Fight 2, Luck 2 Treatment 10/10, all stages complete] The finish isn't Jordan's best work, but it'll do  The implant is fixed and you can get back to burning people with your kitty claws.

---

Harry Nakamuno

Harry tells everyone to give him room to work, and applies thermal paste to seperate the door from it's locking mechanism, with some brute force if required

Harry Collects the spare energy cells for himself and then primes one of his tubes of jelly and Ashley's request. He gently pulls Tarran Dominique and James away from the door to prevent harm from coming to them and then he smears a long line of jelly over where the primary circuit for the electromagnets should be. [Mechanics 5] After applying the gel he starts the reaction with a spark from his finger. In seconds the door goes from cold, to dull red, to cherry, to yellow, and then to a brilliant white as the gel starts melting a track. After about a minute the gel burns out and Harry carefully tests the door, [Strength 3+1 Vs Difficulty 4, Pass] sure enough with the circuit severed the door slides open with a bit of effort.

It isn't nearly as cold in the hall, though there is a different problem. Ants.

Apparently they've been coming in from the hole Ashley's shuttle made. Since nobody bothered to shut the door behind them they've been spilling out into the rest of the complex. They aren't at swarm levels yet but it would be very bad if they got to that point in an enclosed area.

Status Warnings
Tarran is at <50% Health
Taric is at <50% Health

Temperature
45 F, Mavaren Gardens
70 F, Main Facility

Turn Notes,

Tarran is learning that you should always be treated by a qualified doctor.
Taric is shooting.
Dominique is slashing people across the chest (He looked better in red)
Powder is ineffectually pushing a door.
Ashley is done with her treatment.
Jordan is done repairing ash.
Harry is being a gentleman and opening the door.

Relevant Items
Memory Stick (Dom)
Broken Pad (Taric)
Ident Badge (Taric)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ashley Fey (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Companions (Ashley) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Domninique Wakeman (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taric Sizier (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarran Smith (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  James Evan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

---
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 602