Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148029 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2011, 07:19:37 pm »

The Dark Souls developers stab ungrateful software pirates.
More game companies should use this as DRM.

Believe it or not I've seen people complaining about this, calling the devs horrible and fan-hating.
Herp Derp... maybe I'd care about their bitching if they payed for it?  Well, breaking street date I don't really have an opinion about, yea, got no sympathy here.

Actually a lot of those 'pirates' just got them from shops selling before the official release date.
Yeah, because we totally believe that. It's just innocent people being tricked by stores breaking street date, the horde of thieves that try to get every single game leaked as early as possible so they can play it for free are just a myth.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Chaos341

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2011, 07:23:37 pm »

Way to completely misinterpret what I was saying. And be condescending .

Yes I am sure that a number of people pirated them game. But a lot of them just got them from stores that don't give a shit about selling two days before release.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2011, 07:45:28 pm »

There were a few sites selling the pre-release japanese version too, altought a few seconds of google-ing would lead to info pertaining release date.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2011, 08:06:51 pm »

These aren't Dark Souls but have your daily dose.

And also

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2011, 08:46:25 pm »

Holy shit, thats a near perfect copy of the garl vinland equipment.
Also, apparetly Dark Souls got its own version of sparkly, and no its not the HUGE ASS CROW that carries the player out of the starting area.
Also, they made the game harder by not giving you a bajillion grass to eat and heal, you're now limited to a flask. You can from it multiple times but it caps out at 5, but I think you can also increase that cap to 10 if you follow a certain covenant.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:55:14 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2011, 10:02:10 pm »

Titty monster Princess Guard covenant is the one with more flasks, I believe.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2011, 11:21:57 pm »

The Dark Souls developers stab ungrateful software pirates.
More game companies should use this as DRM.

Believe it or not I've seen people complaining about this, calling the devs horrible and fan-hating.
Herp Derp... maybe I'd care about their bitching if they payed for it?  Well, breaking street date I don't really have an opinion about, yea, got no sympathy here.

Actually a lot of those 'pirates' just got them from shops selling before the official release date.
Yeah, because we totally believe that. It's just innocent people being tricked by stores breaking street date, the horde of thieves that try to get every single game leaked as early as possible so they can play it for free are just a myth.
There are shops that do break street date, thats why I mentioned it.  Like I said, no sympathy, since I'm probably getting it whenever Amazon sends it to me.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2011, 04:21:52 pm »

So apparently there's one of those midnight releases for Dark Souls (and some other games, Rage was the only good one I noticed). Now normally I wouldn't give a frig' about that, but I was going to buy a copy as a gift to my friend and thought it'd be nice if I could snag a collector's edition. Anyone have experience going to one of these? I'm still not entirely sure if I'll bother with it, but spare time isn't really an issue for me.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2011, 01:59:32 am »

So the game is out.

Don't have it in my hands yet but I'll be goin to get a copy when I get up in the morning.

So yeah, go get it.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2011, 12:25:35 pm »

Happy Dark Soul's day!  May you enjoy your many repeated deaths.

My brother managed to snag me a copy so I'll be playing it as soon as I'm off work.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2011, 03:19:26 pm »

I managed to squeeze some hours in last night (Managed to nab the only spare collector's edition they had, it'll make a neat birthday gift). I thought I did pretty well at Demon's Souls, all things considered. I must be really rusty though because I am failing rather spectacularly. Is this game even harder or what? Also, this being release day and all, what class is everyone going with? I went with Thief and witch's ring gift. Hurray for mystery items!

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2011, 03:22:56 pm »

I thought I did pretty well at Demon's Souls, all things considered. I must be really rusty though because I am failing rather spectacularly. Is this game even harder or what?

Most of Demon's Souls was memorization.

They ramped up the difficulty several times, multiplicatively for Dark Souls.

It's also like eight times as long.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2011, 11:41:21 pm »

Man this game is awesome.  So much fun.  And it looks like my skills from demons souls haven't rusted over either.  Managed to get to and defeat the first non-tutorial boss.  :)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2011, 11:45:27 pm »

Taurus Demon. Hate. Hate.

Hate. Darksign.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2011, 11:55:00 pm »

There is a trick to him.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 127