Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148022 times)

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2011, 02:15:45 am »

If what I'm reading is right regarding the covenants, it's probably one of the few games that actually handle multiple factions really well.

I hope there's more fist weapons too. I wish to steal souls via beatdown.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2011, 04:11:04 am »

Apparently Future Shop still has Collector's Editions if any Canadians are looking for it.

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2011, 04:11:57 am »

No PC = No Buy

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2011, 01:49:53 pm »

Thanks for your wonderful contribution to the thread.

Apparently the thief's ring of this game makes you almost entirely invisible at any range, and other players can't lock on to you.

Also the spells look wonderful.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2011, 01:59:25 pm »

Apparently the thief's ring of this game makes you almost entirely invisible at any range, and other players can't lock on to you.

It wasn't powerful enough before?
Sounds fun. I can bet the amount of ninja-style players is going to be even more now though.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2011, 02:18:44 pm »

Thief ring, my friend, would you join me in my travels unto the darkness once again?
The Dark Souls developers stab ungrateful software pirates.
More game companies should use this as DRM.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2011, 02:31:54 pm »

If what I'm reading is right regarding the covenants, it's probably one of the few games that actually handle multiple factions really well.

I hope there's more fist weapons too. I wish to steal souls via beatdown.

3 fist confirmed weapons so far, which is already more demon souls had, one of them is a weird and awesome weapon that turns your left hand into a shield thing while giving your other hand special effects and alot of attack power, you get it by joining the darkwraith covenant. I hope they made them overall better too, they were sort of underwhelming on demon souls.
Anyway, its gonna take a while till I pick it up even after release due to college, guess I'll pick my faith build character on demon souls while I don't have it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:37:17 pm by Dakk »
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2011, 02:36:09 pm »

Believe it or not I've seen people complaining about this, calling the devs horrible and fan-hating.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2011, 04:05:26 pm »

3 fist confirmed weapons so far, which is already more demon souls had, one of them is a weird and awesome weapon that turns your left hand into a shield thing while giving your other hand special effects and alot of attack power, you get it by joining the darkwraith covenant.

turns your left hand into a shield thing while giving your other hand special effects
FINALLY a game where I can practice my shield-fistfu.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2011, 04:16:53 pm »

You know,  in Demons Souls, you could hold a shield in both hands. Just saying.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2011, 04:25:23 pm »

You probaly can on this one too, maybe it'll actualy server a purpose too! :P
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2011, 04:29:52 pm »

Believe it or not I've seen people complaining about this, calling the devs horrible and fan-hating.
Herp Derp... maybe I'd care about their bitching if they payed for it?  Well, breaking street date I don't really have an opinion about, yea, got no sympathy here.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2011, 05:01:49 pm »

Herp Derp... maybe I'd care about their bitching if they payed for it?  Well, breaking street date I don't really have an opinion about, yea, got no sympathy here.

Personally I think what the devs did is hilarious, and I would do the same in their position.
I can't believe some people actually disagree with them doing it.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2011, 05:06:00 pm »

You know,  in Demons Souls, you could hold a shield in both hands. Just saying.
It's been too long since I played, and my memory is pretty bad so I forgot. Using two shields wasn't exactly an offensive powerhouse though, in fact it wasn't really even a defensive powerhouse either considering you only block with one shield. I'd also forgotten fists weren't a two handed weapon until I refreshed my memory on the wiki. Dual wielding fists was actually fairly pointless as it only allowed you to parry and use a quick jab with the left, there wasn't really any synchronous effects. Bit of a moot point regardless since even the best fist was pretty heavily outclassed by other weapons. Guess I'll hope they've improved dual wielding in general.

Chaos341

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2011, 07:13:58 pm »

Actually a lot of those 'pirates' just got them from shops selling before the official release date.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 127