Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 148023 times)

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2011, 05:03:17 am »

I've got this, but unfortunately my account is locked due to it being hacked 3 times in one week, so I can't go online with it yet :( Really sucks.

Still, single player is more than enough to keep me occupied. Fucking skeletons. :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2011, 09:22:28 am »

Dang this game is fun.  I forgot that I was human and had someone invade while I was deep  (and completely lost) in the sewers.  I stabbed him a bunch of times with my stabby sword, took a few big hits and then rolled back and quickly drank a potion.  Then I ran at him stabbed him a few more times, rolled behind him and got a backstab, finishing him off.  Gained 6000 souls and managed to make it back to my campfire.

That was my first PVP experience in this game.  :)  Ridiculously fun.
If the guy's name was Knight Kirk or some such then
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Maybe,  I didn't catch the name.  He didn't seem to be fighting like the rest of the AI's though, so I suspect he was human.  Then again I was panicking and not thinking too clearly.  :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 09:24:05 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

tagg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 08, 2011, 12:21:08 pm »

What weapons are you guys rolling with? I found a halberd and it's been amazing. It's fast, strong, and has good range. Only downside is it takes a ton of stamina.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 08, 2011, 01:14:42 pm »

Got in an arguement on another forum...

Apperantly a lot of people believe in the Darksouls world.

I actually find the fact that it is a world created to be a game even more blatant then in Demonsouls...

Not that it is a problem, I am just not going to vote for it to win any "world creation" prize. It definately has good levels, but not good as a "world"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 08, 2011, 01:19:10 pm »

What weapons are you guys rolling with? I found a halberd and it's been amazing. It's fast, strong, and has good range. Only downside is it takes a ton of stamina.
I've been using a Black Knight Greatsword.

Got in an arguement on another forum...

Apperantly a lot of people believe in the Darksouls world.
They believe that it....exists? What?

I tried out invading as a phantom. I ended up losing, but I managed to take out one of his blue phantom buddies, and the host himself wasn't very healthy by the time I checked out. Given that it was three on one, I think I did alright.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 08, 2011, 01:21:08 pm »

They believe that as a gameworld it is lifelike and believable.

Which to me goes out the window once you get to Seth >_>
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:26:45 pm by Neonivek »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 08, 2011, 01:33:57 pm »

They believe that as a gameworld it is lifelike and believable.

Which to me goes out the window once you get to Seth >_>
I'm not exactly sure you can apply those concepts to a world that is outright described as some sort
Spoiler: Tutorial Level Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 08, 2011, 06:21:56 pm »

I have to say I feel like I'm missing out on something.

I have absolutely no idea where to get a lightning or fire weapon, or the katanas, or pretty much any of the upgrade stones.

Mind I also can not for the life of me get past any area available to me after ringing both bells.

Meanwhile I keep seeing bloody level ten guys running around in the robes with lightning whips and spears and giant fire swords and all manners of fuck.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 09, 2011, 12:41:57 am »

I'm using an Estoc that I affectionately call my stabby sword.  I'm really enjoying it, and I can keep my shield up while stabbing with it when fighting against weak/slow enemies.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 09, 2011, 11:44:26 am »

Spoiler: 1st Boss Spoilers (click to show/hide)

Also, skeletons, damn the skeletons.  Its interesting, I've found a few different zones from the starter, one seems to be me going the wrong way, technically...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 09, 2011, 11:47:17 am »

I'm using an Estoc that I affectionately call my stabby sword.  I'm really enjoying it, and I can keep my shield up while stabbing with it when fighting against weak/slow enemies.

I want to play it soo much! but honestly the game scares me. It loves to eat unoptimised characters for dinner.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 09, 2011, 12:06:11 pm »

I want to play it soo much! but honestly the game scares me. It loves to eat unoptimised characters for dinner.

Eh, its probably not THAT important to optimize unless you are playing the multiplayer bits.  Both with demon Souls and dark souls I've kind of put my points wherever and it seemed to work out.  :)

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 09, 2011, 01:24:53 pm »

As long as you've got enough strength/dex to wield something better than a dagger the rest is mostly skill. I'm not sure how magic heavy builds work out with the way magic works in this game, though I've seen some PVP magic builds that work well. Regardless of build, once you get to the blacksmith you can +5 a weapon you like and it'll make your life much much easier for awhile. You can also pick up some very nice armor from the knight enemies around the church, though the drop rates are a bit low unless you've got stock-piled humanity.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 09, 2011, 01:57:35 pm »

Personally, I'm going for the jack-of-all-trades build, but havn't branched into faith yet since I don't need anything from there.  Optimized, yea for jacks, but not optimized to use X item or whatever.  But, I'm probably going to keep my vitality and resistance at its default... well, keep it low.

You can definitely optimize for magic/faith/strength/dex weapons and what-not... your choice tho.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 09, 2011, 02:00:21 pm »

How in the ruddy fuck do I beat the black knight in the undead burg? I must just be crap at this, as everyone else seems to be managing it. I'm a pyromancer with a spear and wooden shield. No matter what I hit him with, it only ever takes off like 10hp whether he's blocking or not. I am unreasonably angry at this game :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 127