Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 127

Author Topic: Dark Souls  (Read 147997 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2011, 03:06:38 pm »

Hmm, I played through Demons Soul's as a dead guy the entire time, because the multiplayer aspects looked like a hassle.  I wonder if I can do that in this one.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2011, 03:08:57 pm »

I like demon souls's multiplayer, i wish people would invade me more often actualy. Black Phantom comes, MEAT CLEAVER TO FACE, more souls for me.

Anyway, here's some vids of a nipponese kid playing it. Apparently he took +60 hours to finish the game the first time :o
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2011, 03:12:04 pm »

I like demon souls's multiplayer, i wish people would invade me more often actualy. Black Phantom comes, MEAT CLEAVER TO FACE, more souls for me.

My brother enjoyed the multiplayer bits too.  His happiest moment was when he invaded a world and killed a guy(with some cheap sword that goes right through a persons shield?) and then got a message on the PSN calling him a "Big fat elephant cheat".  :D

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2011, 04:30:12 pm »

My brother enjoyed the multiplayer bits too.  His happiest moment was when he invaded a world and killed a guy(with some cheap sword that goes right through a persons shield?) and then got a message on the PSN calling him a "Big fat elephant cheat".  :D

Large Sword of Moonlight and Blind go through shields.

One is made for paladins, one is wielded by a paladin (and made for assassins)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2011, 04:32:11 pm »

Large Sword of Moonlight and Blind go through shields.

One is made for paladins, one is wielded by a paladin (and made for assassins)

I think my brother had the first one.  It had some big fancy name like that.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2011, 06:21:47 pm »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2011, 06:34:25 pm »

The Dark Souls developers stab ungrateful software pirates.

I kinda love how people will accept gameplay decisions that people would otherwise complain about just by presenting them in different ways.

It is like

Man1: "You want to murder?"
Man2: "Naw"
Man1: "You want to kill someone?"
Man2: "Heck yeah!"

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2011, 06:40:28 pm »

Unlike most companies, who go "bawwwwww" over piracy and use horrible and ineficient DRM to try and counter it, From Software sends RAMPAGING BABY EATING PHANTOMS TO STAB YOU IN THE RECTUM IF YOU PIRATE THE GAME, keh.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 30, 2011, 06:41:16 pm »

Unlike most companies, who go "bawwwwww" over piracy and use horrible and ineficient DRM to try and counter it, From Software sends RAMPAGING BABY EATING PHANTOMS TO STAB YOU IN THE RECTUM IF YOU PIRATE THE GAME, keh.

Really?

Ohh I REALLY misread that article. Dang it brain work right!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:54:42 pm by Neonivek »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 30, 2011, 07:09:35 pm »

So, apparently Dark Souls will automatically kick you out of the game if you attempt to enter a party chat with someone during it. That's....that's almost a deal-breaker for me. Maybe I won't be getting this one after all.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 30, 2011, 07:21:22 pm »

So, apparently Dark Souls will automatically kick you out of the game if you attempt to enter a party chat with someone during it. That's....that's almost a deal-breaker for me. Maybe I won't be getting this one after all.
Isn't that kinda standard on PS3? Not sure which platform you're talking about, and it's been quite awhile since I've actually used any communication systems on my PS3, but it never was exactly designed properly.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 30, 2011, 07:22:49 pm »

Isn't that kinda standard on PS3? Not sure which platform you're talking about, and it's been quite awhile since I've actually used any communication systems on my PS3, but it never was exactly designed properly.
360. PS3 doesn't even have an out-of-game chat system.
No Gods, No Masters.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 30, 2011, 07:33:25 pm »

Oh, are we talking about voice communication only? I'm probably going to be crucified for having this opinion, but it seems like a legitimate design decision to me. Not being able to vocally co-ordinate with teammates just adds another level of skill and strategy to overcome. I agree not being able to talk to friends while playing a game sucks, but again, I don't disagree with the choice they made. Some people will end up just using Skype though which only leaves out people lacking a computer nearby their game console. It seems like a silly thing to pass on a game for but I understand why people would be upset.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2011, 08:45:59 pm »

Nah, I agree for different reasons.  Hearing peoples voices in a game like that ruins immersion for me.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2011, 12:18:03 am »

Doesn't it still have the system where you can leave messages on the ground?
People are acting like the developers are throwing a blanket over their head.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 127