Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90454 times)

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 4: Silent Night
« Reply #375 on: February 02, 2011, 09:34:25 am »

sorry, dropped the keyboard
I've said this before, and I'll say it again- reading into the NK is a recipe for WIFOM.  We have no idea why the scum picked NF, and we won't until the game is over and scum chat comes out.  I see no use in worrying about it until then.

Vadia, if you ignore the NK, who would you suspect then?
I still think Jim's manner of posting seems off.  I'll definately admit to the possibility that my brain is tunneling.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 02, 2011, 09:47:23 am »

Easy cure for tunneling:

Make a list of every other player.  Read through the thread, and any thing that any of those players says or does that sticks out as scummy, make a note of it.  Once you're done with that, read over those notes and see who seems to be the scummiest over the course of the game.

That's how I came up with the list that I posted D3.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 02, 2011, 09:52:00 am »

I don't see anything much that hits my scumometer (though it's probably broken) 
Hey I didn't think D. looked particularly scummy until he roleclaimed.  (the timing seemed too convienient)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 02, 2011, 03:28:58 pm »

NF was nightkilled -- this person had knowledge or may have had knowledge that nf was sorcerer.  Jim mentioned that.  I think they fished the sorcerer and trumped up the jim thing -- which his story still doesn't hold water.  I want comfirmation about what happened.  And why is he so suspicious about revealing himself?

How does my story not hold water? It's the truth. You can't argue with the truth. It's just there.

IronyOwl, Jokerman-EXE, Nirur Torir, day ends tomorrow. Who are you planning on voting, and what are you waiting for?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 02, 2011, 07:06:59 pm »

Nirur:  You said yesterday that I was your top scum pick, apparently for being too townie.  Do you have any other reasons?  Who else do you suspect and why?
Just the day 1 air assist, but perhaps the scum didn't assist air, for WIFOM. That combined with feeling too townie isn't enough to vote for you at MYLO, especially not when there are people who are more likely to be scum.

I know that either Jokerman or Jim must be lying about their water assist.
I don't like the way Jim responded to the queries about his mysterious contact, but he feels more open and useful than Jokerman.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 02, 2011, 07:28:38 pm »

Jim, of course.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 02, 2011, 07:55:25 pm »

How does my story not hold water? It's the truth. You can't argue with the truth. It's just there.

IronyOwl, Jokerman-EXE, Nirur Torir, day ends tomorrow. Who are you planning on voting, and what are you waiting for?

What would you have said if you were scum.

It isn't just the story, it's how you're posting -- it doesn't feel like your posts from sorcerer 1 +2 -- that's the best I have to go on.  I'm sorry if I'm wrong.  And I doubt that you can prove it otherwise.

So stop DEFENDING

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 02, 2011, 07:55:56 pm »

arrrggh, typo.
And start attacking others and prove why they're scum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 02, 2011, 08:31:15 pm »

What would you have said if you were scum.

Be more specific. I have no idea what you're talking about. Quotes, they are helpful.

It isn't just the story, it's how you're posting -- it doesn't feel like your posts from sorcerer 1 +2 -- that's the best I have to go on.  I'm sorry if I'm wrong.  And I doubt that you can prove it otherwise.

This is a stupid reason to suspect anybody. You can bullshit a vague 'feeling' reason to suspect anybody and it doesn't really count for anything.

On thinking about my vote, I should focus on the issue that somebody lied about their assist than trying to lynch IronyOwl. So that's what I'm going to do. Unvote. Nirur Torir.

Nirur Torir, why'd you drop trying to find out who my contact is? I thought you wanted to know.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 02, 2011, 08:52:30 pm »

Nirur Torir has so far been cruising by off the radar, and then -

Oh dang, Jim beat me to it. Nirur, what were you hoping to gain from finding out this person's identity? The way I see it, it doesn't matter who it was, unless you're scum.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 03, 2011, 08:27:54 am »

Jim how did you know whio targeted you on day 2?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #386 on: February 03, 2011, 11:07:28 am »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 11:14:48 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 03, 2011, 12:15:23 pm »

Nirur Torir, why'd you drop trying to find out who my contact is? I thought you wanted to know.
Because you were strangely aggressive in your defense of him. I didn't feel like arguing over it when I could figure it out by other means. In this case, by watching who else was strangely aggressively defensive over it.

Nirur, what were you hoping to gain from finding out this person's identity? The way I see it, it doesn't matter who it was, unless you're scum.
I wasn't corrected last time, and what has been claimed wasn't explicitly stated. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like what you Jim and NF claimed happened:
1) You guessed NF's role.
2) You "tried to bait" Jim by throwing hints around about you being a sorcerer.
3) NF dies that night.
4) You're still alive, so Jim's obviously town, since, obviously, he's not experienced enough to realize that it's a trap.
5) Further conversation ensues. Jim decides that you being scum "wouldn't fit."
6) ...
7) I realize something's up. Both of you jump to defend yourselves and attack me, conveniently the 'extra' water assist.

Why, that would fit perfectly if you're both scum. Convenient too that Jim was the one to decide to jump right in on lynching somebody today.

(I don't see what's not to gain by discovering who figured out NF's identity the day before he died.)

Unvote Jokerman. Vote Jim. Both are scum.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 03, 2011, 12:35:14 pm »

So now I'm the contact? Really, Nirur? I'm also diggin' your nice OMGUS there.

You're lying about your assist. I know who I assisted last night, and Jim already proved that he did too (since he knew what he got from the assist, same as me). You're the scum.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 03, 2011, 01:09:42 pm »

toaster, since you're not diectly involved what do you think of the "strangely defensive tie in?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37