Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90491 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 4: Silent Night
« Reply #405 on: February 03, 2011, 08:44:43 pm »

And the results are in!  I took the liberty of PMing Irony and asking him to send in the assist as well as a control, since he assisted it D1.

All four sent in the same thing.

This means the non-assister must have been tipped off by his assisting scumbuddy.  There's really no way to tell who it was, but it does lead me to the assumption that vadia is very probably town, since him being scum would  mean the other never actually assisted, leaving neither of them to know the actual assist power.

This, of course, doesn't help us too much.

More analysis later, but I've got to get off now, sadly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 03, 2011, 09:20:44 pm »

Maybe I'm not seeing what you two are driving at.

Let's say that I'm the contact, then. Tell me, as Town, what you've learned that is of any help.
Depends:
1) Are you admitting to being the contact, or is a hypothetical situation?
2) What do you mean by the bolded words?

Well, if you were the contact we would ask why you were so . . . skittish on telling us that you were the contact -- how you understood the interaction between Jim NF and your (hypothetical?) self. 

Why did NF trust Jim, why did he trust the contact. 

I don't want to know from Jim, he's said why more or less -- but from the contact, why does he think so.
Please don't speak for me. The way things are phrased is frequently important.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 03, 2011, 09:22:30 pm »

This means the non-assister must have been tipped off by his assisting scumbuddy.  There's really no way to tell who it was, but it does lead me to the assumption that vadia is very probably town, since him being scum would  mean the other never actually assisted, leaving neither of them to know the actual assist power.

thanks, I think.  so anybody who didn't say that they did water either day sounds innocent?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 03, 2011, 09:25:07 pm »

Why do you assume vadia is speaking for you and him, instead of in general with 'the town' as people frequently do?

so anybody who didn't say that they did water either day sounds innocent?

What?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 03, 2011, 09:27:24 pm »

Because it was in direct response to this, emphasis mine:

Maybe I'm not seeing what you two are driving at.

Let's say that I'm the contact, then. Tell me, as Town, what you've learned that is of any help.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 03, 2011, 09:34:39 pm »

Why do you assume vadia is speaking for you and him, instead of in general with 'the town' as people frequently do?

so anybody who didn't say that they did water either day sounds innocent?

What?

I had intended, "the town" as Jim stated.

I don't get why Toaster thinks this indicates that I'm innocent -- trying to get his reasoning.
People who didn't say water couldn't have reasonably helped forge the answer and weren't lying about voting the second day as water -- I presume.?

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 03, 2011, 10:04:03 pm »

1. Hypothetical; while I'm here, why does that matter to the question?

2. I mean, what does that tell you? If you're Town, what useful information have you just gathered from this "revelation"?

Toaster: Did you get any two of them close together, or with similar wording? (More similar than the fact that they all contained the same power.)
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 03, 2011, 10:33:34 pm »

1) Because it indicates fear, and a desire to hide. Combined with your aggressive outcry of me as scum for previously stating that I consider the contact suspicious, without stating why this made me scum, it becomes obvious to me that you're the scum.

2) Nothing I didn't already know. I'd already pinned you as the contact. Specifically, though, your reactions strike me as decidedly scummy. You and Jim had a plan to confirm each other as townie, and were testing the waters. A dangerous gambit, and one that has failed.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 03, 2011, 10:38:45 pm »

1. Hypothetical; while I'm here, why does that matter to the question?

2. I mean, what does that tell you? If you're Town, what useful information have you just gathered from this "revelation"?

Toaster: Did you get any two of them close together, or with similar wording? (More similar than the fact that they all contained the same power.)

Jokerman, how do these types of questions help us to find scum -- it almost seems like delaying tactics.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 03, 2011, 10:46:01 pm »

Nirur: Well, you're wrong. But if you feel the need to keep wasting your time during MiLo, go ahead.

Vadia: That's because you're not looking at it the way I am. For one thing, don't ever assume I'm not scumhunting; whatever I'm doing, it's finding scum. For example: have you considered that from my point of view, their answers to my questions tell me whether or not they're scum? Or the fact that there could be others that are watching this exchange and realizing who the scum are?

The two questions I posed to Nirur were designed to keep the conversation moving - would you have me simply answer his questions and stop the conversation there? The one to Toaster was just an idea I had, that maybe we could determine who the scum were that way.
BLARG IM DED

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 03, 2011, 11:12:39 pm »

2) Nothing I didn't already know. I'd already pinned you as the contact. Specifically, though, your reactions strike me as decidedly scummy. You and Jim had a plan to confirm each other as townie, and were testing the waters. A dangerous gambit, and one that has failed.

So, in addition to:

1) Bussing Dariush
2) Not killing anyone over the night

You are now accusing me of working with Jokerman-EXE to dupe the Water Sorcerer whom we intended to kill to confirm myself and himself.

How in the fucking bloody hell does that all add up? Really, explain it to me. I really want to know. I know you're full of shit, but that's besides the point. If you want to vote me, then you have to justify all that.

Otherwise you're a fucking scum coward who's keeping your vote on me so you don't end up getting killed on milo.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #416 on: February 03, 2011, 11:16:35 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:25:05 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 03, 2011, 11:39:10 pm »

vadia:  Let's assume you're scum.  Since your scumbuddy would only know the ability of the water assist if he actually assisted it, since he couldn't have learned it from you.  On being quizzed, he'd be unable to come up with the correct ability.  Since everyone got it right, everyone either knew it or their partner knew it.  One of the three in question is lying about the water assist; we pretty much know that liar is scum.  Since the liar still knew the ability, they had to have learned it from their scumbuddy who did know it at some point.  You didn't know it, so you couldn't have told any theoretical scumbuddy of yours.  Ergo, you're very likely town.

The only two living people who never said they assisted water are you and myself.

Jokerman:  They're all pretty different, and they came in at intervals.  For full disclosure:

The Water assist allows a player to make one game related post after he's dead.

Assisting Water gave me the Word of Healing, which made it so that when I get killed, I can post once more in the thread concerning the game, the way Native did.

I guess the wheels are in motion, so:

If you would die in the night, you remain alive for a single post, which may contain game-related information, in the morning.

The ability for assisting water is Word of Healing. It allows a single post related to the game in the morning if NKed.

If anyone can see a link, you're better at text analysis than I am.  Only Jokerman and Nirur mentioned the name, at any rate.  Jim or Irony, you want to dispute the name?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 03, 2011, 11:50:08 pm »

If anyone can see a link, you're better at text analysis than I am.  Only Jokerman and Nirur mentioned the name, at any rate.  Jim or Irony, you want to dispute the name?

No, because its correct.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2011, 02:03:44 am »

It's Nirur Torir, I'm absolutely positive of it.

The PM mentioned nothing about nightkills. It simply says "if you were killed." That's something of a disconnect and this just adds on to my suspicions of him.
BLARG IM DED
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37