Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90486 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 4: Silent Night
« Reply #390 on: February 03, 2011, 02:23:05 pm »

Vadia:  Do you mean Nirur's post two above yours?  If so, it's a clever way to try to root out the contact.  Again, I'm not sure what benefit it has.

However, while I was changing a diaper, I had a better idea.

Jim, Jokerman, and Nirur:  All three of you PM me and tell me what the water assist does.  We'll see how the descriptions match up and what I can get from that information.

Let's extend so we have time to do this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 03, 2011, 02:28:33 pm »

While that's admirable in theory what if you are scum toaster?  Wouldn't you just lie about it?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 03, 2011, 03:03:43 pm »

Extend it is.

While that's admirable in theory what if you are scum toaster?  Wouldn't you just lie about it?

Well, gee, why don't we cast doubt everywhere because that's going to be incredibly productive for milo.

Unvote Jokerman. Vote Jim. Both are scum.

A cowardly, self-serving move.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 03, 2011, 03:11:58 pm »

Extend. I'm sending it now, Toaster.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #394 on: February 03, 2011, 03:17:05 pm »

Day Ends: ~8.75 hours
3 Feb 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST

Extension 3/4: Jim Groovester, Jokerman-EXE, Toaster
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 03, 2011, 03:18:17 pm »

Extend.

So now I'm the contact? Really, Nirur? I'm also diggin' your nice OMGUS there.
Are you denying it?

Why are you so defensive about it, anyway?

Nirur, what's your read on everyone? You seem to have gone from "too townie" to "not open and useful" to "it must have been the contact." This seems awfully flimsy for MILO.

Toaster, you'll forgive me if I don't fully trust you. I think I'd prefer if vadia did it, assuming he's able. What does everyone else think?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #396 on: February 03, 2011, 03:20:41 pm »

Day Ends: 4 Feb 2011 @ 11:59 pm EST

Extension 4/4: IronyOwl, Jim Groovester, Jokerman-EXE, Toaster
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 03, 2011, 03:25:01 pm »

I've already sent it in to Toaster.

I don't trust vadia, and I don't trust you either, leaving Toaster the only qualified party for this.

It might not even matter, since it's possible it won't even turn anything up.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 03, 2011, 04:41:32 pm »

IronyOwl: How is that defensive at all? I'm asking him a question about his reasoning in wanting to know, not defending myself in any way. If he has a logical reason to: A. assume I'm the contact, and B. care who the contact is (given that it doesn't involve him unless he's scum), then I'd like to hear them and we can go from there.

Also, I already sent mine to Toaster as well, so it's too late to back out now.
BLARG IM DED

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 03, 2011, 04:53:58 pm »

I've also sent the bonus for assisting water to Toaster.

A cowardly, self-serving move.
In the end, most everything in mafia is either self-serving, or a mistake.

So now I'm the contact? Really, Nirur?
A. assume I'm the contact, and B. care who the contact is (given that it doesn't involve him unless he's scum), then I'd like to hear them and we can go from there.
A) I see no other reason why you'd be the only one rushing to defend the contact's honor ... by throwing dirt at me for questioning Jim's judgment of his contact.
B) Reaction fishing works surprisingly well, I've found, and neither of you have explained why it shouldn't cause alarm when somebody discovers the sorcerer's identity, only for that sorcerer to drop dead in the night.

Nirur, what's your read on everyone? You seem to have gone from "too townie" to "not open and useful" to "it must have been the contact." This seems awfully flimsy for MILO.
Vadia - He's behaved strangely, but I believe that he's newbtown rather then newbscum.
Toaster - The response to my suspicions felt like a townie one to me, trying to get me to come up with something concrete and actually trying, rather then just attempting to get me lynched. Posting his notes would be dangerous were he scum, as they may have revealed something about his scumparter. I'm willing to believe he's townie.
IronyOwl - He ignored my suspicions, preferring instead to focus on Jim. I was going to question him further after finishing with Toaster, but no longer see any reason to do so. I didn't, and still don't, feel like getting into the sort of lengthly argument he seems to enjoy.

Jokerman - I still don't believe that he's been trying particularly hard to catch scum. He then became even more belligerent towards me when I dared to voice suspicions of Jim's contact.
Jim - He guarded his secret contact's identity strangely close for someone who he'd identified as highly likely to be a townie. He was also the first to (rather strongly) suggest that we go along with a lynch today, after denouncing the cowardice of the scum. He acts like he's a confirmed townie.
The above two are working together. I'd be willing to bet the game that they're the scum.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 03, 2011, 05:04:54 pm »

IronyOwl: How is that defensive at all? I'm asking him a question about his reasoning in wanting to know, not defending myself in any way. If he has a logical reason to: A. assume I'm the contact, and B. care who the contact is (given that it doesn't involve him unless he's scum), then I'd like to hear them and we can go from there.
There was this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
which seemed a bit defensive. You then voted him for asking about the contact, and then the "Really, Nirur?" part of this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'd also like you to explain why scum would be so interested in the contact; I'm not seeing it.

IronyOwl - He ignored my suspicions, preferring instead to focus on Jim. I was going to question him further after finishing with Toaster, but no longer see any reason to do so. I didn't, and still don't, feel like getting into the sort of lengthly argument he seems to enjoy.
What suspicions?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 03, 2011, 05:13:26 pm »

What suspicions?
My old suspicions of me getting nothing other then a townie vibe from you and Toaster.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 03, 2011, 06:02:44 pm »

I already said that more info could only be advantageous to town, and seeing how the contact or double agent or whatever he was understood the dealings with NF can only help us understand where they fell out in the issues -- I'm not saying he's scum -- but he's hiding and that's not helpful to town.  That Jim is hiding it and has been vague about the whole deal and so assertive that he has to be town seems also a bit off.

Though moving towards a 3 vs. 3 seems like a poorly timed move -- a no-lynch would kill us.  So I'm beginning to wonder more about Nirur because of this.

Quote from: jim
You're kidding, right? After Dariush the scum sorcerer suicides himself against me, how do you think I'm scum?

This is fishy.

IronyOwl. Pretty sure you're Dariush's partner.

I thought it was Ironyowl from this post and other things that made him look like he was purposefully sorcerer.    (1.  asking people to vote -- [seemed like "voete for me"] 2. not knowing of benifits 3 that when I mailed him about it he denied it, which if I weren't sorcerer I'd have just shut up)

Does this giver anyhthign

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 03, 2011, 06:25:55 pm »

Maybe I'm not seeing what you two are driving at.

Let's say that I'm the contact, then. Tell me, as Town, what you've learned that is of any help.
BLARG IM DED

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 03, 2011, 06:59:20 pm »

Well, if you were the contact we would ask why you were so . . . skittish on telling us that you were the contact -- how you understood the interaction between Jim NF and your (hypothetical?) self. 

Why did NF trust Jim, why did he trust the contact. 

I don't want to know from Jim, he's said why more or less -- but from the contact, why does he think so.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 37