Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Game over: Dark Sorcerers win again!  (Read 90487 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 4: Silent Night
« Reply #360 on: February 01, 2011, 06:26:04 pm »

Why, Jim aren't you saying who the third party with NF was?  I think info generally helps town, but you've been vague on this one.''why did NF talk to you specifically Jim,?[/list]

Because nobody asked.

And NativeForeigner didn't tell.

I never had any private contact with NativeForeigner.

Also Jim why didn't you push water to use their power?

He did. NativeForeigner targeted me again during Night 2.
    I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #361 on: February 01, 2011, 06:31:24 pm »

The way I currently see it is a) it's Irony and Jokerman [the easy out] 
    Or b) It's Jim and random other.
    Please explain your reasoning.

Everybody else
    • Why didn't you ask about the deal?
    Because I'm not devoting as much attention to this game as I probably should be, and didn't think of it. I assumed that the person was dead ...

Now that I've thought about it, though, I don't see why a dead person would need this secrecy.

Jim, who is it, and why don't you feel that they are worth bringing up as a possibility for scum? NF's wording in his last post implies that he knew or guessed NF's role. Convenient then that NF died that night.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
    • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
      • View Profile
    « Reply #362 on: February 01, 2011, 06:33:51 pm »

I didn't have a deal with NativeForeigner. Apparently he had a deal with me. Evidently concerned about the possibility that I was bussing Dariush, NativeForeigner, and the person who contacted him, set up a sting. The same person who contacted NativeForeigner contacted me and claimed to be the Water Sorcerer, with the idea being that I would kill this person believing him to be the Water Sorcerer, proving that I was scum. This didn't happen, so NativeForeigner in his last breath said that I had passed the test he had set up for me, and that the person who contacted the both of us isn't my enemy.
    But you didn't know who he was?  How can he contact you without you knowing who contacted you?

This sounds so ABSOLUTELY FAKE that jim, you seem to be as good a liar as Dariush.

INirur next post

vadia

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Day 2: 1 Replacement still needed, PM me
    « Reply #363 on: February 01, 2011, 06:40:09 pm »

Sorry Nirur, I was wrong I misremembered who voted for whom, you are correct, you were the only one other than me, jim and Nirur who didn't vote against D and didn't die.

I also assumed that Jim was saying that Irony was the other partner in the NF scheme.

At the moment I think that Jim's attacks on Irony have no more weight than against me or you.  Thank you for setting me right about who voted for Dariush.  Apologies to Jokerman.

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    Re: Sorcerer's Apprentice Mafia III - Night 2: Fall of a Dark Sorcerer!
    « Reply #364 on: February 01, 2011, 06:43:49 pm »

Uhh ...

>>> End of Day 2 <<<

Notes
    KaminaSquirtle has received 2 Activity Warnings
    I missed a couple of votes during the day, this is the correct final vote count (as far as I now know)

There was once was a man from Ukraine
    Who despite his once lofty reign
    The masses decide
    It's he who must die
    And now he's just lying in twain

Dariush, Master of Air has been lynched!
    Dariush was a Dark Sorcerer.

Dariush (7) - IronyOwl, Jokerman-EXE, KaminaSquirtle, NativeForeigner, Nirur Torir, Toaster, vadia
    Jim Groovester (1) - Dariush
    IronyOwl (0) -
    Jokerman-EXE (0) -
    KaminaSquirtle (0) -
    NativeForeigner (0) -
    Nirur Torir (0) -
    Toaster (0) -
    vadia (0) -

Not Voting: Jim Groovester

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
    • 1P
      • View Profile
    « Reply #365 on: February 01, 2011, 06:46:31 pm »

I didn't have a deal with NativeForeigner. Apparently he had a deal with me. Evidently concerned about the possibility that I was bussing Dariush, NativeForeigner, and the person who contacted him, set up a sting. The same person who contacted NativeForeigner contacted me and claimed to be the Water Sorcerer, with the idea being that I would kill this person believing him to be the Water Sorcerer, proving that I was scum. This didn't happen, so NativeForeigner in his last breath said that I had passed the test he had set up for me, and that the person who contacted the both of us isn't my enemy.
    But you didn't know who he was?  How can he contact you without you knowing who contacted you?

This sounds so ABSOLUTELY FAKE that jim, you seem to be as good a liar as Dariush.

How about you quit flipping the fuck out. Of course I know who it is. I just haven't said.

Why are you voting me? This is a misunderstanding on your part, not mine. I've been clear.

Because I'm not devoting as much attention to this game as I probably should be, and didn't think of it. I assumed that the person was dead ...

Now that I've thought about it, though, I don't see why a dead person would need this secrecy.

Jim, who is it, and why don't you feel that they are worth bringing up as a possibility for scum? NF's wording in his last post implies that he knew or guessed NF's role. Convenient then that NF died that night.

Yes, that would be convenient. I thought the same thing, and asked him several questions about it. It doesn't fit.

You know what else is convenient? That you suddenly care. I'm sure you're eagerly looking forward to having a decent scum target for once instead of the apathetic bullshit you've been trying to pass off all game.

How about this: instead of badgering me about it, why don't you ask him to come forward on his own?
    I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #366 on: February 01, 2011, 07:12:42 pm »

Nirur, that was the count before Dariush went nutso.

Jim, I'm still VERY suspicious of you for not getting out and saying who it was.
    If you wanted him to come foreward why didn't you ask?

I'm asking that Jim's contact come forward -- because if he doesn't I'm just gonna vote whomever jim says his contact was unless you deny that you were the contact.  And then I'll redecide at that point.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
    • Nope~
      • View Profile
    « Reply #367 on: February 01, 2011, 09:27:07 pm »

Ok Irony why didn't you ask Jim what the discussion with NF was?
    I asked him about the premise, he gave a vague answer. I figured it was of minimal use anyway, especially since I went back and think I figured out who it is.

You are really not paying attention. NativeForeigner, confirmed town sorcerer, was the one who mentioned it.

I'm asking that Jim's contact come forward -- because if he doesn't I'm just gonna vote whomever jim says his contact was unless you deny that you were the contact.  And then I'll redecide at that point.
    I'm... not sure what you're trying to accomplish here. What makes you think Jim will say, and what makes you so interested in who it is?

I did push IronyOwl. I got a lot of NUH UHs in return. That was pretty much the substance of everything he said in response.
    This is laughable. I went into explicit detail as to why you were full of shit, so you gave up. Now your lurker's gone, so it's back to the ol' OMGUS.
    Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
    A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
    The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
    • 1P
      • View Profile
    « Reply #368 on: February 01, 2011, 09:40:18 pm »

It's cool that you think I just gave up but you were just repeating yourself anyway.

And since I already explained in detail why you were full of shit I decided to go play some video games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
    • Appliance
      • View Profile
    « Reply #369 on: February 01, 2011, 09:52:31 pm »

Irony:  The double reverse bus theory is not completely out of the question, but I don't give it much merit for a good reason either of you are scum.  Most of my research was on the first two days.

vadia:  I would have asked about the deal if I had thought it was worth looking in to.

Anyway, I think Jim's theory of yesterday has merit: there were two water assists, but Jim, Jokerman, and Nirur all claimed to have assisted water.  Clearly, one is lying, and that liar is scum.  Per my list yesterday, I'm pretty sure it's Nirur.

Nirur:  You said yesterday that I was your top scum pick, apparently for being too townie.  Do you have any other reasons?  Who else do you suspect and why?
    HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
    God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
    • JUSTICE!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #370 on: February 01, 2011, 10:11:25 pm »

Vadia: What Toaster said. Why are you so interested in it, anyway? I would think that since it was just between Jim and this person (and Native) that it had nothing to do to you. What's wrong, you don't like Town confirming each other?
    Quote from: Solifuge
    Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
    Quote from: Org
    Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
    Quote from: Toaster
    BLARG IM DED

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
    • murbleblarg
      • View Profile
      • jverkamp.com
    « Reply #371 on: February 01, 2011, 11:59:25 pm »

Spoiler: Vote Count (click to show/hide)
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 01:27:45 pm by JanusTwoface »
    You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
    But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
    Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

vadia

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #372 on: February 02, 2011, 06:09:30 am »

NF was nightkilled -- this person had knowledge or may have had knowledge that nf was sorcerer.  Jim mentioned that.  I think they fished the sorcerer and trumped up the jim thing -- which his story still doesn't hold water.  I want comfirmation about what happened.  And why is he so suspicious about revealing himself?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
    • Appliance
      • View Profile
    « Reply #373 on: February 02, 2011, 08:28:50 am »

I've said this before, and I'll say it again- reading into the NK is a recipe for WIFOM.  We have no idea why the scum picked NF, and we won't until the game is over and scum chat comes out.  I see no use in worrying about it until then.

Vadia, if you ignore the NK, who would you suspect then?
    HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
    God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

vadia

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #374 on: February 02, 2011, 09:32:50 am »

I've said this before, and I'll say it again- reading into the NK is a recipe for WIFOM.  We have no idea why the scum picked NF, and we won't until the game is over and scum chat comes out.  I see no use in worrying about it until then.

Vadia, if you ignore the NK, who would you suspect then?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37