Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 571088 times)

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2310 on: March 03, 2012, 10:27:35 pm »

It'd be pretty cool if you could mark down locations on the map
Would make re-finding those traders a hell of a lot easier

Edit: OH and multi-level buildings.
Just because.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 10:46:43 pm by Singularity-SRX »
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: March 04, 2012, 12:29:45 am »

Do not eat dreadroot tubers. Despite being filling
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Okay I need some clarification.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 01:03:00 am by Blackray Jack »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: March 04, 2012, 01:11:43 am »

How do I turn a stun rod on?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: March 04, 2012, 02:01:48 am »

Okay I need some clarification.
Is he actually IN grit gate? As in pass the force field?
If not, is he pink? Because then he's probably a named snapjaw.

How do I turn a stun rod on?
You've just got to have an energy cell inside of it, then just stab at stuff. (IIRC)

And a question of my own:
I accidentally applied something (while it was still an unidentified artifact) and now everything's gone blue, I can see in the dark slightly, and my agility has been lowered. Any idea what it is? I'm really hoping it wears off soon :\
Also everything stays blue, even during daytime.

Edit 2: Bug, Svenlainard is selling his prized weapons
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 04:35:10 am by Singularity-SRX »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: March 04, 2012, 05:56:40 am »

And a question of my own:
I accidentally applied something (while it was still an unidentified artifact) and now everything's gone blue, I can see in the dark slightly, and my agility has been lowered. Any idea what it is? I'm really hoping it wears off soon :\
Also everything stays blue, even during daytime.
I do believe that that is a skulk injector. As far as I remember it makes you see better and move faster in the dark and makes you slower on the surface. I think it also did something else I cant remember.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: March 04, 2012, 06:10:47 am »

It lasts for 1001-1200 rounds (so it should wear off eventually, but it will take a very long time).
You move faster at night/underground, slower during the day.
You get burrowing claws.
You get bonus agility at night/underground, negative agility during the day.
You have limited night vision.
You suffer double damage from light based attacks.

Not quite sure why you would ever apply a unidentified item, since identifying takes only 1 turn and has only a tiny risk of breaking the object.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: March 04, 2012, 06:35:43 am »

Not quite sure why you would ever apply a unidentified item, since identifying takes only 1 turn and has only a tiny risk of breaking the object.

I accidentally applied it, I meant to examine it ^^

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: March 04, 2012, 06:53:51 am »

I accidentally applied it, I meant to examine it ^^
I've done this tons of times when I meant to disassemble or look at something.
*Hugs*

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: March 04, 2012, 09:50:40 am »

I just said that this 's' guy is in grit gate, he's in the lower left and is apparently a merchant as he restocks his wares from time to time. Yet when I open his door to approach him he gets angry and attacks me.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: March 04, 2012, 12:49:31 pm »

I think it is some incompatibility with turning permadeath off and how the game handles zone cleaning. The game is a roguelike and is intended to be played with only one life, but its beta and you can turn permadeath off so you're not wasting your time playing the same things over and over again.

However, I think I've had zone resets happen even without dying. Not 100% sure of that, though.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: March 04, 2012, 02:11:01 pm »

The game feels more like an adventure game to me so I play it without permadeath.
Though theese things happen more or less after I'm done playing and quit, then come back later to see some error messages.
Sounds like a save compresssion error or something.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Trintignant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: March 04, 2012, 06:15:51 pm »

First of all, I want to say that this is an absolutely fantastic game.  I've played it practically non-stop for the past couple of days.

However, I've been experiencing something very odd.  When a creature or NPC appears in my line of sight, a bunch of asterisks appear, usually covering said creature/NPC.  These disappear after I press a key (any key except ctrl, shift, and alt) once or twice, which the game doesn't respond to.  The game then proceeds as normal until I encounter another creature/NPC.

This was relatively bearable until I got to Golgotha, where every tile I move plasters the screen with asterisks, requiring 10-15 keypresses to dispel.  This happens regardless of whether creatures are present or not.  The asterisks only appear when I do certain actions (moving, searching, aiming, and waiting seem to be the only actions that trigger it).  Opening menus seems to have no effect.  This persists even when I leave Golgotha.

I've tried -console and -filter, neither of which had any effect.  I do have permadeath disabled, and my current character has died a few times.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: March 04, 2012, 06:29:08 pm »

Aw man. Joppa just reset. Infact alot of areas I've been to, including all the levels of grit gate reset.
There goes all my stored water.
What causes this to happen?

This has happened to me once in my game, very very early game when I came back in to Joppa to cash in my loot. My advice is before you go out on an adventure, save and backup your game, that way the revert won't be so bad.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: March 04, 2012, 07:17:17 pm »

Whenever you die a fair number of areas reset.
Same thing usually happens when you save scum, and I think sometimes when you save regularly.
First of all, I want to say that this is an absolutely fantastic game.  I've played it practically non-stop for the past couple of days.

However, I've been experiencing something very odd.  When a creature or NPC appears in my line of sight, a bunch of asterisks appear, usually covering said creature/NPC.  These disappear after I press a key (any key except ctrl, shift, and alt) once or twice, which the game doesn't respond to.  The game then proceeds as normal until I encounter another creature/NPC.

This was relatively bearable until I got to Golgotha, where every tile I move plasters the screen with asterisks, requiring 10-15 keypresses to dispel.  This happens regardless of whether creatures are present or not.  The asterisks only appear when I do certain actions (moving, searching, aiming, and waiting seem to be the only actions that trigger it).  Opening menus seems to have no effect.  This persists even when I leave Golgotha.

I've tried -console and -filter, neither of which had any effect.  I do have permadeath disabled, and my current character has died a few times.
It doesn't sound like it having anything to do with permadeath, do you have any other debug settings on?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Trintignant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: March 04, 2012, 07:28:12 pm »

It doesn't sound like it having anything to do with permadeath, do you have any other debug settings on?

Draw flood visibility, draw electrical arcs, indicate overland encounters, and allow save/load.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 250