Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 571055 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2325 on: March 04, 2012, 07:36:44 pm »

Turn off draw flood visibility, that seems to be what causes the problem.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Trintignant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: March 04, 2012, 07:40:39 pm »

Cheers man, thanks.  That seems to have fixed it.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: March 05, 2012, 02:28:08 pm »

Idea: Being able to set beacons for home-made recoilers to warp to. It's starting to become rather tedious and food and drink consuming when you warp back to a town to cash in and have to walk all the way back to where you were.

It would be great to set down a beacon of some sort, make a recoiler attuned to that beacon and be able to warp at that spot to save time and consumables.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2328 on: March 05, 2012, 02:32:48 pm »

I want a recoiler rifle. Shoot someone with it and it teleports THEM to town. :P

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: March 05, 2012, 08:37:41 pm »

What is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I went up to Bethesda Susa and christ if you guys think Golgoltha is hard wait until you get to BS. The monsters there are impervious to all harm including my

Is it supposed to be this difficult? FYI I am currently level 23.

Also as for the Six Day Stilt is it an incomplete area? I went up and it took me to a 'sky' area that is a wide, vast, expanse of pure nothingness. And if I go to the downstairs it leads me to a generic cave area. It's also completely empty in the middle as well.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: March 06, 2012, 04:03:03 am »

Does this only work with intelligent bipedal creatures?

Yes~

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: March 06, 2012, 10:38:54 am »

I went up to Bethesda Susa and christ if you guys think Golgoltha is hard wait until you get to BS. The monsters there are impervious to all harm including my

Is it supposed to be this difficult? FYI I am currently level 23.
They have a crapton of AV, so conventional weaponry sucks. I play mutants and 12 charges of electrical generation could almost one-shot them in one game I had. Try grenades, and I suppose you could collect a bunch of those bombs from goatfolk sowers if you dont have a good supply of bits or tinker 1.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: March 06, 2012, 01:12:43 pm »

Grenades seem ok in theory against them, but I think that there are too many for them to work really well, since you will need to have like 50 pounds of grenades to clear the ruins.
If you don't got the mutations to deal with them, I would recommend a vibro-weapon (which always pierces AV, but never double penetrates), which you can get by killing the sheriff in Joppa.
That said, they have crappy HP (since their AV is so outrageous), so you should kill them in a few attacks.

Personally I used sunder mind+cyrokenisis (they have a pretty good temp resistance though), to kill them.

Yeah, six day silt is incomplete.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: March 08, 2012, 07:10:43 am »

I can't stop playing this game  >:(  How far have you guys gotten?

With permadeath I had an esper get to level 17.  Without permadeath I have a level 25 esper with 40 ego, he started with 4 unstable genomes and all his moves are level 12 (he's got like 12 different mutations now).  His teleport is on a 5 tick cooldown and when he pops temporal fugue its like world war 3 for 30+ turns (or maybe 4 if this game is set in the distant dystopian/apocalyptic future).

Does anyone know of a surefire way to find salt krakens? spoilers I found 2!! baetyls in bethesda susa that offered me stat boosts if I bring them 7 salt kraken corpses each.  I hope i can carry them, i only have 14 strength.  So far I have wandered the desert for a  long time but I havent been able to find a single one.  :)

Also, I am trying to start a melee mutant, but I'm having a lot of trouble starting out.  I'm taking carapace, corrosive gas, and double muscled for my main mutations.  My reasoning is that with high level carapace I will be extremely resistant to fire/cold, as well as getting a kickass AV at no weight cost (the best armor I found so far weighs 150 pounds).  Corrosive gas at 1 point makes you immune to acid and can be used to open locked doors.  Double muscled will give me extra strength so I can keep my strength maxed out for my current weapon AND pump my toughness to the stratosphere.  It SHOULD be working but I can't seem to make it past red rock even.  Any tips on this?  My main focus so far has been espers.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: March 08, 2012, 09:08:37 am »

What exactly is killing you? Cant exactly give advice if you dont give more information.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

khantin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: March 08, 2012, 09:29:11 am »

What exactly is killing you? Cant exactly give advice if you dont give more information.

just stuff like snapjaw brutes and leaders.  Got past that part with some lucky AV drops.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: March 19, 2012, 09:35:50 am »

Hmm, giving this game a try.

Heard a lot about it, never stopped to give it a moment.

I guess I'll pause my LCS LP for this, CoQ looks really interesting!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: March 25, 2012, 05:12:01 pm »

So I saw a floating glowing sphere being sold by a merchant near Joppa. I don't quite have enough money so I go back to Red Rocks and continue clearing that.

By the time I got out he restocked.

-headdesk-

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: March 25, 2012, 05:17:39 pm »

I've only played as a True Human so far, got to level 13 but got frozen by an exploding goo and chipped to death.

Does anyone have any idea where to get door keys? I can't seem to find any.
Also:

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: March 25, 2012, 06:45:37 pm »

Keys are just found randomly. I usually find a red (laborer) card at some point, 1 in maybe 10 characters I've found a yellow (but I've played maybe 20 in total) and I don't think I've found any cards higher than that.  Not sure if they're mostly Not Yet Implemented or if they're just extremely rare. Certainly areas that can only be accessed by a key are very rare.

In some cases you can just dig around the door.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 250