Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 571083 times)

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
  • You can run but you can't die.
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2280 on: March 01, 2012, 03:59:27 pm »

I think I just found one of the most amazing finds.

It's a thing called 'helping hands'. This gives me an extra pair of arms. I am concentrating on a shield build and already have deft block, the one with 75% chance to block and the ability to block one extra attack per round. I can now equip two more shields and two more bucklers. This enables me to have four bucklers equipped and three shields. I have now become the impregnable fortress. CAN NOT BE PREGNATED.

Currently there is no benefit of equipping more than one shield at a time,
according to their official forum in 3 or 4 places.

The combination of your post and your avatar have me laughing in real life.

So I guess I'll go for the dual-wield perk since I have two extra arms, making it three sword arms and one shield? I noticed I am striking with my robot arms as well, so is this viable? If so then I am essentially a blender of destruction.

EDIT: WILL the dual wield skill tree take into account the extra arms helping hands gives me?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 04:01:57 pm by Blackray Jack »

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: March 01, 2012, 04:27:09 pm »

I think I just found one of the most amazing finds.

It's a thing called 'helping hands'. This gives me an extra pair of arms. I am concentrating on a shield build and already have deft block, the one with 75% chance to block and the ability to block one extra attack per round. I can now equip two more shields and two more bucklers. This enables me to have four bucklers equipped and three shields. I have now become the impregnable fortress. CAN NOT BE PREGNATED.

Currently there is no benefit of equipping more than one shield at a time,
according to their official forum in 3 or 4 places.

The combination of your post and your avatar have me laughing in real life.

So I guess I'll go for the dual-wield perk since I have two extra arms, making it three sword arms and one shield? I noticed I am striking with my robot arms as well, so is this viable? If so then I am essentially a blender of destruction.

EDIT: WILL the dual wield skill tree take into account the extra arms helping hands gives me?
I think it didnt. The chance for the extra hands is determined by the mutation level. The skill just works for your 2nd natural hand. Feel free to correct me if Im wrong though.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: March 01, 2012, 04:35:44 pm »

I sort of want to confirm before dumping points into dual-wield. My guy DOES strike at enemies using his robot arms, so I am guessing yes???

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: March 01, 2012, 04:59:28 pm »

I sort of want to confirm before dumping points into dual-wield. My guy DOES strike at enemies using his robot arms, so I am guessing yes???

Dual wield skills won't affect the hit chance of mechanical arms, they have their own pre-set offhand attack chance.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: March 01, 2012, 05:52:23 pm »

You have to leave them outside on the ground. Give them a while and they regenerate. I think they only regenerate during the day, but I could be wrong.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Blackray Jack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: March 01, 2012, 10:14:54 pm »

You have to leave them outside on the ground. Give them a while and they regenerate. I think they only regenerate during the day, but I could be wrong.

Correction, you have to pop them out of any objects they're powering before they can recharge. All you need to do is carry 'em in your inventory, they recharge quick too.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: March 01, 2012, 10:36:46 pm »

Huh, really?
Thats even nicer then I thought.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: March 02, 2012, 02:25:17 am »

The cells of the artifex stun baton, what do it? I don't know what I need them.. By the way! I love the artifex crafting system, How many recipes are in the game? And another question... All the artifacts are grenades or similar? There are no random generated weapon artifacts or armor?

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: March 02, 2012, 02:53:48 am »

First off, its not the artifax crafting system, its the tinker crafting system.
Second off, while you have a cell in whatever needs a cell (eg energy weapons, the teleporter things) it will be powered as long as the cell has energy remaining, if it doesn't have a cell in it or it runs out of energy the item is pretty much useless.
Thirdly, the stun baton isn't very good, I would reccomend using a regular weapon, and taking the cell out and saving it (and probably disassembling the stun baton as well).

Finally, there are no truly random artifacts. Each type of item is capable of having a few different variations (eg weighs less, can't break, does extra damage, extra penetration, extra elemental damage when powered), but they are still variations on set items. There are unique items too, but they are pretty rare and hard to find.
Grenades are only the most common craftable items, you will find energy weapons, tonics, guns, some more unique items (eg. sphere of negative weight) and a few powered melee weapons.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: March 02, 2012, 04:53:48 am »

Is a chain gun a heavy weapon and/or ist it affected by the rifle/bow skills?

Another thing, a bug that I love very much and without it I would have died countless times... (keep it in?)

If you leave a map and then don't move anywhere
|@
then press ctrl + direction towards the border (in this case 7 4 1), you can fight and kill the enemies over there without them being able to hit you back. Only works if there is no enemy on your current screen and only if noone followed you the same turn you shifted area.

Another thing that happend is that some merchants I was messing with (very cool encounter btw) seemed to forget about me having attacked them after being hit by the confusion spell of a goat shaman and by the fear of the horn they use, too... which you know, isn't all that unrealistic. Could trade just fine with them when i came back.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 09:29:38 am by ThtblovesDF »

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: March 02, 2012, 02:10:37 pm »

Hm...
I think that the cell doesn't have enough energy left. A long distance teleport takes up a lot of energy, and if its a solar cell even full it might not be able to manage it since they have a much lower max energy (so try with a full chem cell to be sure).
I suppose its possible that if your on the far righthand top most corner of the world map you might not be able to teleport back even with a full chem cell, but its pretty unlikley that your that far away.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: March 02, 2012, 02:31:48 pm »

Anyone meet a crome pyramid and lived?

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: March 02, 2012, 06:03:09 pm »

Hm...
I think that the cell doesn't have enough energy left. A long distance teleport takes up a lot of energy, and if its a solar cell even full it might not be able to manage it since they have a much lower max energy (so try with a full chem cell to be sure).

A solar cell at full/max/whatever will work fine and drain completely when using the grit gate or Joppa recoilers. Not 100% sure what happens if you try a solar cell that isn't fully charged (for example, reading "full" but you used it to shoot a laser pistol a couple times). Chem cells have enough power to use a recoiler multiple times, at least four or five, but when they hit "very low" they won't have enough power for another jump.

I think the response for using a recoiler that doesn't have adequate charge might be just "it clicks [and does nothing?]."

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: March 02, 2012, 06:12:14 pm »

Huh, your right.
I always thought for some reason that the distance made a difference in the amount of energy used up in recoilers.

And yeah, if you have a solar cell thats less then 100% full, then it won't work in a recoiler (although you can just charge it for a bit and use it then).

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: March 02, 2012, 06:25:22 pm »

Solar cells are the best cells for that reason. Get a Joppa and Grit gate recoiler and 4 solar cells, and never worry about charging chem cells to move around again. Just leave the 2 dead ones in joppa, and swap em out as needed.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 250