Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 571158 times)

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #2145 on: September 25, 2011, 01:22:31 am »

*Gave shoes to a bunch of shoeless NPCs in Joppa
For some reason that made me laugh ^^

Also, would it be possible to see a timeline of what's going to be implemented?

The next major content patch is planned to have a new set of storied items and some new content related to them; that should be a couple weeks, depends on how busy I am the next week or three. After that, we're probably going to put in the whole dungeon redesign for Bethesda Susa, that redesign is on the order of a month or three, and after that we'll mostly be fleshing out the main quest and storyline dungeons, shooting for one per month or three. With a lot of small bug fixes and small features in-between in our (usually-weekly) minor releases.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2146 on: October 02, 2011, 10:24:58 pm »

*1 new artifact
*Increased skulk injector duration from 180-220 to 1001-1200 rounds
*Hulk Honey's damage is now non-lethal (will reduce you no lower than one hitpoint)
*Minor updates to injector descriptions
*Fixed some bugs in the equipment screen when you have a lot of body parts
*Fixed a bodypart exception

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2147 on: October 03, 2011, 08:43:29 am »

Spoiler: Error (click to show/hide)

I was using toast on a slugsnout, by the way.

OH GOD. THE ERROR. IT DOSEN'T GO AWAY D: It's still on my screen!
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2148 on: October 03, 2011, 08:53:24 am »

Spoiler: Error (click to show/hide)

I was using toast on a slugsnout, by the way.

OH GOD. THE ERROR. IT DOSEN'T GO AWAY D: It's still on my screen!

Posted a quick fix for this.

*Fixed a combat exception

maki32

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2149 on: October 03, 2011, 10:02:38 am »

How randomised is this game? Looks great!

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2150 on: October 04, 2011, 03:00:08 am »

How randomised is this game? Looks great!
Where the places are is not randomised but what is inside is. I think ruins are randomised, too.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2151 on: October 22, 2011, 02:31:21 am »

Just got wtfinstakilled by a chaingun turret.
Those things... holy crap.
It took out over 50hp in a single turn, killing me instantly D:

[Edit:]
I was just thinking about throwing torches into rooms for light, and is there anything (a gas or liquid) that can catch fire?
Because the image that creates is really cool ^^

Also, I just noticed, but our character doesn't seem to be wearing pants.

[Edit2]
Ok, so another playthrough, and I was walking along to the rust wells, came across some trampled remains, which had MECHANICAL WINGS :D (They were broken, but luckily I had 2 cans of that fix-everything stuff)
Sadly, I died in the end to a legendary bloated leech, who confused me then did something, and what that something is I shall never know.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 05:51:18 am by Singularity-SRX »
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2152 on: November 22, 2011, 11:39:50 am »

Just wanted to pop in and say great job on the recent updates, and please never give up on this awesome roguelike.  I look forward to the day when it is %100 complete, if such a thing is possible.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2153 on: November 22, 2011, 11:43:34 am »

Just wanted to pop in and say great job on the recent updates, and please never give up on this awesome roguelike.  I look forward to the day when it is %100 complete, if such a thing is possible.

We ran into some delays due to real life stuff (vacations, etc), but we're working on a big remake of Bethesda Susa next. It'll be out one of these days. ;)

HashBrowns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2154 on: November 22, 2011, 11:55:14 am »

We ran into some delays due to real life stuff (vacations, etc), but we're working on a big remake of Bethesda Susa next. It'll be out one of these days. ;)

Awesome!  Glad to hear it!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2155 on: December 16, 2011, 03:20:19 pm »

Happy christmas time (or whatever you have there), I am going back to it again, thanks for keeping it afloat :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2156 on: December 16, 2011, 03:47:09 pm »

Cool. Looking forward to it!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2157 on: December 16, 2011, 05:50:50 pm »

Hmm, I don't remember so many files in the game folder before...

*checks*

Ability to MOD the game? Wow. As far as I know, it allows to tweak/change existing things, right? Are there plans for an ability to add new mobs/items/item types into the game?

Also... Tiles1.psd? Tiles support? Wow, I know what I am going to sprite/mod next when I finish my current projects :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2158 on: December 16, 2011, 06:03:17 pm »

The engine is almost entirely data-driven through those XML files; you could theoretically create an almost entirely different roguelike by mucking with them. Most of the actual 'scripting' is done in code though. It was made to be an easily extensible engine, but not really one fully-moddable via script files or anything. The installer will wipe any modifications you make though, so careful if you mess around in them and upgrade.

Heh, those tiles files shouldn't be included, really. Was just toying around with it, and it doesn't work at the moment. You'll be the first to know when it does :)

(Not any time soon)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 06:04:59 pm by unormal »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2159 on: December 17, 2011, 04:31:07 am »

I know, I am just excited that it MAY happen someday :). I play with ASCII allright, I just want to sprite something cool or contribute in another way, heheh.

My question was, are all the objects (monsters, books, items) defined in the code and the XML files are here just for parameters? Or did I miss a way to influence the "spawn tables" (you know, lists of creature types for a location) and add my own mobs to the game? I personally wouldn't mind to toy around and make a "mob pack" for more variety (strangely CoQ is the kind of game which does not require mods right now IMHO... Mostly because it's quite unique and its unusual game mechanics and lore make me afraid to "break" it by "wrong" additions, I hope you know what I mean).

Also how are the books handled? I would LOVE to add more books to the game, I feel like this feature is underdeveloped, I loved finding rare books, but they are very short/almost empty. I always liked the books in Morrowind :). So I understand that you cannot start finding "allowed-to-share" and interesting stories fitting for the world and spend all your time on it, but if a community could do it, it would be grand.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:33:04 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 250