Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569555 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #780 on: February 26, 2011, 08:12:17 pm »

Was a bug reported where you die when you "rest until healed" and it never stops?

You can see it in the end of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06f_myilcu8
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: February 26, 2011, 11:44:48 pm »

*Items will properly disassemble when they are reverse engineered
*Returned sunder mind's damage dice back to 2dX from 1dX
*Slightly reduced the encounter numbers for worms of the earth
*Added a new option to disable the taking of corpses when you take all items with Tab
*Added a seperate option for autogetting primitive ammo (arrows)
*Fixed a stuck message caused by dying while resting until healed
*1 new ape

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: February 27, 2011, 02:46:51 am »

Just wondering, but is any kind of stealth element going to be brought in?
Right now it's more like 'ohshitohshit runrunrun' if you see something bad
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: February 27, 2011, 03:16:44 am »

Just wondering, but is any kind of stealth element going to be brought in?
Right now it's more like 'ohshitohshit runrunrun' if you see something bad

We'd like to, but it'll be awhile. We're gonna get the core main plotline finished first.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: February 28, 2011, 07:34:32 am »

Thanks, also, it's been a while since I played, and grit gate is starting to really piss me off.
It's like a damned maze, but there's NOTHING THERE. Except for a bunch of waydroids, security doors and assorted enemies. But no talk-to-able people.
It's driving me insane.

[edit]
Just found the main entrance, it's just really low down :P

[edit 2]
OK, so I just gained entrance to a small part of Grit Gate, but now there are these massive doors that won't let me through.
And apparently I have to recover a waydroid, and repair it.

Also, do I have to keep the copper coil? Right now it just seems like a dead weight
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:42:20 am by Singularity-SRX »

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 01, 2011, 04:38:54 pm »

^^ You can toss the copper wire after turning in the quest.

*Merchants will now correctly recieve drams from you if you pay in 'cash'
*Witchwood bark heals 30, down from 40
*You may no-longer fire missile weapons or throw items while frozen
*Slightly increased the power of mark 1 freeze grenades, and slightly reduced the power of mark 2 and 3 freeze grenades
*Most biological creatures now have some level of darkvision, depending on creature type
*Fixed an issue that was preventing some indirect kills from granting XP (mines, grenades, fires)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 01, 2011, 05:13:19 pm »

So is this an MUD, a Roguelike, or a DF style game?  If it's a DFlike, is it adventure mode, dwarfmode, or both?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 01, 2011, 05:13:52 pm »

So is this an MUD, a Roguelike, or a DF style game?  If it's a DFlike, is it adventure mode, dwarfmode, or both?
Roguelike.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 02, 2011, 12:08:59 am »

I have a big problem. One of my characters has finally gotten off to a good start, but....

I went to explore the lair of a Legendary Horned Salamander. The stairs have been periodically vanishing, and now I'm sort of...stuck. Is there any way to dig my way out, or am I screwed?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 02, 2011, 12:10:46 am »

If you have a recoiler, you can use it to get out. Otherwise, huh, the stairs shouldn't disappear.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 02, 2011, 12:11:34 am »

I have a big problem. One of my characters has finally gotten off to a good start, but....

I went to explore the lair of a Legendary Horned Salamander. The stairs have been periodically vanishing, and now I'm sort of...stuck. Is there any way to dig my way out, or am I screwed?
Reveal the map (press F9) and then press it again so you don't continually reveal maps, look for the stairs, then start force-attacking through walls and such until you get to the stairs.

Ed:
If you have a recoiler, you can use it to get out. Otherwise, huh, the stairs shouldn't disappear.
I've personally had stairs not appear where I entered levels from before.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 02, 2011, 12:22:00 am »

Otherwise, huh, the stairs shouldn't disappear.
It's a very jagged cave. I think it's representing the stairs dropping off, or somthing.

Reveal the map (press F9) and then press it again so you don't continually reveal maps, look for the stairs, then start force-attacking through walls and such until you get to the stairs.
Good News: I've gotten back to the second level, and there's a staircase to the surface.

Bad News: The motherfucking staircase leads into freaking shale. I can't attack it with Ctrl+Subtract like it says I should.

Better/Worse News: I have yet to run into the Legendary Horned Salamander that supposidly lives somewhere in this schizophrenic cave complex. I can deal with normal Horned Salamanders easily now, but you never know what it might be like...
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 02, 2011, 12:28:58 am »

Bad News: The motherfucking staircase leads into freaking shale. I can't attack it with Ctrl+Subtract like it says I should.

Uh, how about you kill the Legendary Horned Salamander (or not if you can't find it) and then Ctrl+w (wish) a joppa recoiler when you're ready to leave?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 02, 2011, 12:34:16 am »

I wished up this "Joppa Recoiler" you have told me of. My last power cell later, it doesn't seem to do anything. (I assume it's supposed to recoil me to Joppa?)
No Gods, No Masters.

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 02, 2011, 12:35:46 am »

....I died....
*smashes keyboard wildly*

I accidentally attacked one of those hibernating creatures :P
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 250