Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569532 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #810 on: March 03, 2011, 09:32:22 am »

Buy a shortbow, go to Red Rock, mass murder snapjaws, profit!

And make sure to loot the three chests in town, and do the quest for artifacts, you should start with a few grenades, which you can hand in, that usually gives me a level.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 09:34:22 am by The Merchant Of Menace »
*Hugs*

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: March 03, 2011, 01:13:58 pm »

sounds like you are starting with 24 agility.  This is a big fail in this game, you are going to get hit, alot.  Toughness should probably be your highest stat for a starter, also start off as a true man, forget the mutations and get meditation for healing.  Much easier for learning.  Rip points out of ego if you are going to do anything, with mutations it is important, not really for a true man.  At this stage 2 handed swords weigh as much as daggers, so they are viable trade loot.
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 03, 2011, 04:11:53 pm »

Here's three mutations I found to be really good at improving your survival: The regeneration, force wall/bubble, and disintegration mutations. The former for making health regeneration without using instaheals worthwhile within a reasonable time frame, even while running away from enemies. The middle two for allowing you to block yourself away from any enemies (this is ESPECIALLY effective with ranged weapons since they can go through the force wall/bubble, just remember that it works both ways). And the latter for giving you an EXTREMELY powerful panic-button even in the mid game, just be careful of the 3 turn exhaustion timer.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 03, 2011, 04:39:29 pm »

From what I've seen in testing, at least with force wall, the only one who can shoot through it is you. At least, my allied seed spitter plants can't shoot through the forcewalls I throw up.

Also, a bug, or at least unintended behavior. When utilizing force bubble, you can shove walls around. It seems to have very specific requirements, but its possible.

Requirements seem to be that there can't be a wall behind the direction its going to be pushed. Aside from that oddity, its a very powerful skill, especially combined with force wall.

Apparently I started with a data-disk of a 'Corrupt Banana'. Anyone know what that is?

Also, what does a telescoping monocle do?
Monocle if flavor I believe, the disk lets you learn how to make a corrupt banana, a sort of explosive device. Not sure where it falls on the power scale though.

Oh yes, can data disks have the description of the item they're making on them as well?

Edit: As an addendum to my last mention of the force bubble/wall combo, it seems they last long enough to always keep them up, assuming high willpower, by alternating them, even at level one. Should prove powerful, if slow.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 04:47:37 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: March 04, 2011, 05:50:23 pm »

FLOATING. GLOWSPHERE. HELL. YES.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 04, 2011, 06:22:15 pm »

*A new unique lair
*Added proper weights to many items
*Made Mutant the first genotype choice instead of true man
*Sunder mind will now display the penetration multiplier
*Limited the minimum strength-modifier penalty for throwing distance to 0
*Party members now reflect the faction membership of their party leader while in a party

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: March 04, 2011, 08:04:37 pm »

cool

Singularity-SRX

• Bay Watcher
  • *shudders*
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: March 04, 2011, 11:45:37 pm »

Ok, so I just learnt something cool and kind of possibly a bug.

If you stand over town chests (ANY chest, even with people in your line of sight) and 'g'et it, you can open it so long as no-one is watching you, and loot every chest in the town :D

[edit]
Ok, so knowing I cheated a bit, I shot at the warden, and he came along, threw a freeze grenade at me, and everyone in town wanted me dead.
So then something weird happened.
I don't know if I teleported, or if the game bugged out, but whenever I moved everything seemed to change, but it looked basically like joppa.
I checked the thingy to see what killed me, and it was: "Ummumumum-it" who killed me with his: "Duhduhuhchucalum"
Up a little further in the log (which was obscured by my stats) was something to do with a "Wuhcalcal"

So it was pretty funny but pretty weird at the same time.
Oh and I WAS confused somewhere along the line
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 11:54:56 pm by Singularity-SRX »
Quote from: Vertigon
slamming his left hand into the baby's face
I came to this forum with no intention of ever uttering that phrase.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 05, 2011, 12:24:09 am »

Booze does that, as does drinking slime.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: March 05, 2011, 08:35:26 am »

Confuze does that.
Elder has this ability.
You all can't imagine my frustration:
I'm playing the game for the first time after I was plumphelmetpunk's lets play.
It was a horticulturist Maxed out Int at 27, average fighting skills (For most people it would seem stupid and weak)
But, being a hardcore roguelike player I knew to proceed slowly, and this character leveled up to lv 10.
First char ever and I went far. And then I died. Because a neutral animal turned hostile and I forgot to use auto injector.
I raged.
And from that point onward every character I make dies before killing a girshling

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 05, 2011, 12:13:50 pm »

Confuze does that.
Elder has this ability.
Really? Huh, he didn't use it on me while I was meleeing him to death for his phat loot.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 05, 2011, 03:34:44 pm »

*Jilted Lovers should now correctly grab passers-by
*Reduced the amount of witchwood bark harvested per tree
*Slightly reduced salthopper AV
*Slightly reduced croc AV
*Slightly reduced chameleon AV
*Reduced horned chameleon DV
*Reduced croc and salthopper pack numbers

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: March 06, 2011, 09:52:09 am »

Hey, unormal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWLjyLnRz0&feature=feedu
What is at 1:03 and later? Some unloaded areas?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 06, 2011, 09:55:27 am »

Hey, unormal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjWLjyLnRz0&feature=feedu
What is at 1:03 and later? Some unloaded areas?
The same empty areas also appear on the second floor of the Six Day Stilt, and continue endlessly in every direction.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 06, 2011, 01:40:02 pm »

Yeah, they're just areas where I haven't finished the zone definitions.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 250