Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 569469 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #750 on: February 02, 2011, 05:18:09 pm »

Save scum. Copy the save folder, then copy it back in if you get a bad result. I discovered this when I had a Mutant tinker with unstable genome and I was attempting to get a quick level off the find some artifacts quest. Turned in the parts, got a level, didnt get the mutation, quit, copied the folder back in, and when I attempted to do it again, the quest system was bugged unless I completely closed out of the game first. Also, it wouldn't advance past the first part of the quest, even though I was giving him more grenades.

Edit: I should mention that this bug doesn't come up in normal play, but I think the game may save ALL quest markers regardless of if its the current character or not, which would explain why when you hit 500 characters made, died, and saved in a chain it bloats the footprint a bit.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 06:01:35 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: February 02, 2011, 06:29:56 pm »

New patch of assorted stuff:

*1 new creature in Tomb of the Eaters [and elsewhere]
*1 new plant in Omonporch [and elsewhere]
*1 new robot in Tomb of the Eaters [and elsewhere]
*Generally increased the difficulty of monsters in Omonporch
*Light Manipulation will no-longer cause the AI to wait around for lase to be available
*Lasing has a slightly lower AI priority
*Reduced the weight and price of bandages
*Messages from sweepers will display the short display name of the object, not the blueprint name
*Manual equip will now show the short display name of the objects equipped, not the blueprint names.
*Manual equip will no longer show the internal type of each slot, only the name

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: February 02, 2011, 07:14:03 pm »

A question. How do the recycling suits work. So far, all I've seen it collect is salt. Granted, I might be missing the collection as it may be drunk before I notice, but I can't be sure.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: February 02, 2011, 07:17:29 pm »

Where can i find other towns than the starting town? I've been to rust wells & grit gate but I haven't seen anything other than hostiles there(that I quickly dispatch with my mind).

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: February 02, 2011, 08:36:38 pm »

Alright. Some tips I've discovered from playing as mutants.

Don't go north initially. South, east, or west, all those paths lead to the salt pans which feature much weaker enemies, mostly fish and dragonflies, occasionally crocs, and rarely sandjaws. Admittedly, the loot is much lower, but its also much safer and you can get a good deal of xp killing fish and dragonflies.

If you have harvest, every time it cools down, harvest from the watervines. A good stockpile of their plant product can be useful, since it both hydrates and fills. However, you need quite a lot of it in order to get anywhere, but its extraordinarily light. Likewise, if you have Dominate, you can get 100 free wavers from each of the farmers.

Don't be afraid to run. If you can't handle the foe you are facing, lead it back to town and the warden will kill it, assuming it started hostile.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: February 02, 2011, 08:40:38 pm »

Don't be afraid to run. If you can't handle the foe you are facing, lead it back to town and the warden will kill it, assuming it started hostile.
Except evil twins. One time I was running around the warden and he did nothing. Nothing, at, all. Same with the farmers, they just ignored the evil twin.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: February 02, 2011, 08:46:53 pm »

Except evil twins. One time I was running around the warden and he did nothing. Nothing, at, all. Same with the farmers, they just ignored the evil twin.
New suggestion: Evil twin dilemmas regarding guards should be resolved in classic Which one is real style and have a 50% chance of death.

Additional request, the ability to look at a world map view without leaving the current square you are in.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:03:07 pm by beorn080 »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: February 02, 2011, 09:13:45 pm »

Oh HELL YES. I just killed the Glowpad merchant(he was aggressive after I was attacked by a croc) after a long and brutal battle. Thankfully, after he used his only acid grenade he had no more ranged weapons. I am now completely out of ammo. Whew, I am now very proud of myself. :P

One think that I think is disappointing is that he only gives 10 XP.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 02, 2011, 09:18:22 pm »

Very impressive. I finally got my unstable genome mutation after 5 levels, and I got Time Dilation, then I got Disintegration from the random pick. Since I started with Cryokinesis and Light Manipulation, I've got a very nice variety of attacks and retreat mechanisms now.

Also, I think the Recycling suit might not work. The only thing it ever fills with is straight up salt. Though I might be drinking from it already and just not noticing.

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: February 03, 2011, 08:14:59 pm »

Couple small bugfixes:

*It should no-longer be impossible to identify complexity 6+ items
*Recycling suits now correctly fill with fresh water
*Aim-based skill documentation updated to indicate the correct number of turns to achieve a maximum bonus
*Fixed a few minor description bugs

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: February 03, 2011, 08:24:02 pm »

but it gets a little wanky at times

Best mispelling ever.

You'll only get it if you're British, though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: February 03, 2011, 09:35:04 pm »

Wank's escaped the island, good sir. More'n brits get that'un these days :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: February 03, 2011, 09:52:31 pm »

YAY I can keep trying that nomad mutant now.

Edit: Can I request that data discs get some sort of label on what level they need to learn?

Edit: Bug. The Two Head mutation increases the "casting" delay of mental mutations by 20%, rather then decreases it.Not a bug, two heads does something different.

Also, try out burgeoning. Its a VERY interesting mutation, and seems VERY useful.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:43:29 am by beorn080 »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #763 on: February 06, 2011, 10:26:41 am »

yeah, burgeoning is pretty useful. especially because you can switch places with those plants to move them around.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

unormal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: February 08, 2011, 01:32:38 am »

*Updated a bunch of descriptions
*Reduced Quills penetration by 1
*Reduced worm of the earth's breeder rate and hitpoints
*Missle weapon penetration display is now correctly scaled to match melee weapon, so they are directly comparable (no power level change)
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 250