Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 201

Author Topic: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 265233 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Elder scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2010, 11:03:51 am »

wait Dragon Age had a editor? must had too much fun with NV to even bothered.

Kitsunin

• Bay Watcher
  • Om Nom Nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2010, 11:08:46 am »

wait Dragon Age had a editor? must had too much fun with NV to even bothered.
Exactly what I was thinking, well, the first bit, I can't run NV until I upgrade my comp (Seriously WTF is with that?  It doesn't look any better than FO3)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 13, 2010, 11:10:42 am »

they threw in some id stuff (lighting......lighting?).

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 13, 2010, 11:27:38 am »

It doesn't matter if you're a vampire.  You know that part where the old archmage suddenly keels over for no apparent reason after making you archmage?  Well that's because he for some reason decided that the only way to defeat that pansy ass Altmer King of Worms bastardization was to entrap his soul in the soul crystal you'd given him, which would protect you from Mannimarco's powers of paralysis.  Being a vampire has nothing to do with it, though I'm not in the least bit surprised that they didn't take that possibility into account.

And here I was hoping it was supposed to save me from having my soul sucked out of my body or something. Excuse me, I have to go over there and facepalm in Bethesda's general direction now.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2010, 11:36:06 am »

I wonder if your character appears as a prisoner/released prisoner again.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 13, 2010, 11:38:50 am »

Perhaps this time your boat will crash into a dungeon. Or rather, into a cave that only has one exit... that leads into a dungeon.

Oscuro1987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 13, 2010, 11:39:14 am »

I'm terribly excited about this.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 13, 2010, 11:40:14 am »

Perhaps this time your boat will crash into a dungeon. Or rather, into a cave that only has one exit... that leads into a dungeon.

So you're still banking on the "All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again" theory then. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 13, 2010, 11:42:05 am »

A few dwarf fort references would be awesome. Like blizzard did with Catyclysm.
« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2010, 11:48:18 am »

A few dwarf fort references would be awesome. Like blizzard did with Catyclysm.

Wuh?
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2010, 11:48:34 am »

So you're still banking on the "All of this has happened before, and all of this will happen again" theory then. :P
It did work for battlestar galactica. :P

Every 'epic' game is somewhat the same. The hero is someone unknown & meaningless that has something somewhat special about his background or birth or similar excuse.

I would love to see an epic story where you're some cannon fodder that gets lucky to say the least and your actions, despise how incredible they were, go by unnoticed and doesn't really change the course of the story. FEAR did that somewhat well (despise the character's... er... spoilers.... heritage) and it was probably the best thing about the game. No matter what you do, there's no way you or anyone can be safe from Alma.

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2010, 12:03:19 pm »

A few dwarf fort references would be awesome. Like blizzard did with Cataclysm.

Wuh?

Blizzard made several possible references to dwarf fort in some of their recent releases. It'd be cool if Bethesda did the same with Skyrim.

Soulwynd

It wasn't all that much like that in Morrowind. The player character was the Neveraine and was sort of guided by Azura or something.
He was prophesied in the elder scrolls(?) as a person of unknown origin(He was placed by the Gods and was not born?) that would unite or please the dark elves or something like that and so the emperor released him.

My lore knowledge has huge gaps  :-\

Edit: Oh wow, if you click outside the trailer you can move around the stone engraving.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 12:07:22 pm by Cheese »

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2010, 12:30:37 pm »

I wouldn't really be surprised if this happened. I mean, a lot of the games started this way. I'm pretty sure Arena started out in prison, and I know in both Morrowind and Oblivion you were a prisoner. I would kind of be happy if they didn't though, I thought it was kind of stupid that in Oblivion you were a prisoner, and the king just decides to release you basically on a whim. I mean, he doesn't even know what you were in jail for, you could have been some dangerous criminal for all he knows.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2010, 12:59:40 pm »

I wouldn't really be surprised if this happened. I mean, a lot of the games started this way. I'm pretty sure Arena started out in prison, and I know in both Morrowind and Oblivion you were a prisoner. I would kind of be happy if they didn't though, I thought it was kind of stupid that in Oblivion you were a prisoner, and the king just decides to release you basically on a whim. I mean, he doesn't even know what you were in jail for, you could have been some dangerous criminal for all he knows.
He had seen you in his dreams. He knew what would happen, and that he was going to give you the amulet.
Yes, it's still rather stupid, but not for the reasons you mentioned  :P
Love, scriver~

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2010, 01:04:08 pm »

He had seen you in his dreams. He knew what would happen, and that he was going to give you the amulet.
Yes, it's still rather stupid, but not for the reasons you mentioned  :P

He still doesn't know how dangerous you might be.  Relevant:  Some players massacre the entire population of Cyrodiil.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 201